[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is this /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: R-371356-1379235924-9698.jpeg.jpg (108KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
R-371356-1379235924-9698.jpeg.jpg
108KB, 600x586px
what the fuck is this /mu/
>>
yes i just listened to it
>>
>>71480954
Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
>>
organized chaos
>>
>>71480954
>>71480979

is it supposed to be good and I just dont get it?
>>
>>71481057
No one gets it, that's why it's so famous
>>
A meme
>>
I hope you fucking die
>>
>>71481073

not objectively good yet something that demands to be examined regardless basically?
>>
>>71480954
a masterpiece, unironically.
>>
lazer beans
>>
>>71480954
Theres no deep meaning or something to get. Its a comedy.
>>
>>71480954
some people say its a joke, masterpiece or dada

lmao can i get some reasoning behind all the opinions?
>>
>>71480954
Yet another "What am I supposed to think of this lol" thread
>>
music, anon. music everywhere.
>>
Torture
>>
This record will never stop baffling plebs and it's very funny to me. It's Blues Rock, OP.
>>
This is in fact masterpiece. The vocals especially are amazing. It blows my mind that it was released in 1969.
>>
a mess that came together well
>>
the perfect shitpost of music
>>
>>71482124
this
>>
>>71481117
>objectively good
When will this meme end? Last time I checked we all had different opinions on music and just because you personally love or hate something doesn't make it objectively good or bad. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>71481671
Why are people so scared of 'not getting it'?

Also, how 'good' or 'great' records could be so univocal?

>>71481595
"Its a comedy", really?
>>
Why is the rest of Beefheart discog so weak and insignificant compared to TMR?
>>
>>71482461
another question i would like to hear answered
>>
>>71482461
>>71482483

Shiny Beast / Doc at the Radar Station / Ice Cream for Crow aren't weak at all
>>
Why do people have a hard time getting into this? It's only a little less accessible than most math rock. It's just as melodic as it is chaotic and dissonant. For example, Moonlight On Vermont is nearly a straight up blues/classic rock song.

>>71482422
The lyrics pretty heavily utilize non-sequitur and surrealism for comic effect. You could argue that the album does the same instrumentally, by intentionally disregarding musical convention and deconstructing rock/blues to the point where it becomes an exercise in absurdity.

>>71482461
>>71482483
As far as I know it's the only album that Beefheart had complete creative control over, and all of the others were made with the intention of actually selling records.
>>
>>71482420
but it does, your opinion is the only one that matters and you're your own god so it's objective for you.
>>
>>71480954
the rock equivalent of free jazz
>>
>>71483226
If you think so, please leave this place for good
>>
>>71483233
ok
>>
>>71482846
That's not how objectivity works. You're literally describing the opposite, which is subjectivity.
>>
>>71483239
Look I didn't mean it, please don't leave.
>>
>>71483308
ok
>>
>>71483233
but it's kinda true
>>
>>71483324
it's literally not true, the entire album was written that way and practiced endlessly
>>
This is fantastic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZULn9R2Dk
>>
>>71482461
TMR was such a pain in the ass to make that nobody even attempted to put that much effort into music ever again
>>
It's shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHgG4jILa0

why does it feel like Stefan is gonna run out and start screaming
>>
>>71480954
Yesterday accidentally had device on full volume when I went to listen to it w/headphones. DACHAU BLUES THOSE POOR JEWS jesus my head
>>
>>71484507
kek
>>
The plebeian litmus test.
>>
It's pretty straight forward imo

Listen to some entry level post-punk if this is the first time you've heard guitar strumming like this
>>
>>71484548
damn i failed :(
>>
The real ITAOTS
>>
FAST AND BULBOUS
>>
>>71484446
If it's shit then why does piero scaruffi consider it the best album of all time? Checkmate pleb
>>
>>71484549
What a load of shite. Regardless of whether you prefer challenging or accessible music, theres no way this can be described as even remotely straight foward.
>>
best album of all time according to Scaruffi
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.