[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: endtroducing.jpg (36KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
endtroducing.jpg
36KB, 300x295px
Do any of you guys find good samples? If so, what are some of the ways you do?
>>
I listen to albums and when I find something good I sample it
>>
listen to alot of music
>>
well i dig for new music online and in shops
>>
When I was walking home today I heard a squirrel screaming from a tree and I wished I could have recorded it and played around with it.

Ideas for this situation?
>>
>>71479233
i put the needle on the plate.
>>
probably dumb question but do i need to retune my drum samples for each scale i use? so they match? i dont know shit about drums
>>
>>71479233
Sometimes the old fashioned way, other times by listening to random albums youtube reccomends for me or looking up what id like to sample in a formula style
Country of origin + genre + year
Ex french jazz 1990, sometimes i go back to my roots or listen to my parents music that they listened to when i was born etc.
Also i recomend yall read the art of sampling by joesph g schloss. Really good read.
>>
>>71480108
>read the art of sampling by joesph g schloss
That's like recommending the Animation Survival Guide
Some objective facts but literally everyone does everything a different way
>>
I go to A1 in Manhattan twice a week and crate dig. I find gold occasionally and usually it's under $10. It's kinda messy and alot of work but it's worth it. Good unused samples are still out there, but we are running out of old stuff pretty quick because of future funk depleting unused j-boogie tracks
>>
>>71480108
>THIS

YouTube can send you down a rabbit hole. Try typing in "obscure *insert genre name*" on YouTube. Also get into the habit of watching movies/TV shows from 80's, 70's, 60s and down. You'll Eventually find a well.

>Patience is Key
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.