[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Rolling Stones vs The Beatles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: StonesBeatles.jpg (161KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
StonesBeatles.jpg
161KB, 630x420px
Blind Blake vs Robert Johnson edition
>>
Obviously the Beatles.
Beach Boys or Beatles is the real question.
>>
Entirely different bands.
Prefer the Beatles but '60s 'Stones are underrated.
>>
>>71477945
Obviously Beatles. Only fags on here will argue for Brian Wilson and the literally whos
>>
The Beatles. Stones are more of a 'good singles' band.
>>
>>71478030
Try the album "Between The Buttons"

It gets overlooked, but I personally prefer it to Sgt. Pepper (and the Kinks) when it comes to that whole "nostalgic psychedelic England" thing.

t. Beatles fan
>>
>>71478050

interesting, will do, I wouldn't mind having my mind changed on the stones, to be fair i've only listened to 2 albums the full way through and though meh except for the singles
>>
Stones had a stronger psychedelic phase than any other British pop group in the 60's.
>>
>>71477973
That's how I felt too until I listened to the beach boys
>>
Stones all the way. They had more raw personality and they were better musicians, Mick Jagger was a much better singer, whose persona sometimes reflected a mad animal. Don't come with that "they were a singles band" shit tho... That's a pretty lazy statement and it's not even true, they have a ton of really great and iconic records.
>>
If you think the Stones are better than the Beatles in any aspect, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>71477882
Listening to the Stones right now, can't remember the last time I listened to the Beatles
>>
>>71479386
The Beatles are a vocal group.
The Stones are the ultimate rock'n'roll band.
It just depends what appeals to your taste more.
>>
I like the doors
>>
>>71479386
This
>>
Depends what mood I'm in
>>
>>71477882
Beatles
>>
File: album.jpg (95KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
95KB, 500x729px
>>71477882
>>
>>71477882
The Beatles, why you even thought this was a question tells me that you're still in your dad rock phase and think that everybody on /mu/ shares your opinions on "the state of music".
>>
File: patrician.jpg (54KB, 510x504px) Image search: [Google]
patrician.jpg
54KB, 510x504px
>>71478123
>*clears throat*
>heh, forgetting something, doncha think?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (139KB, 750x1127px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
139KB, 750x1127px
>>71481151
T H I S
>>
>>71480438
I get what you're trying to say, but the vocal group thing is (kind of) nonsense. Hell, "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" is considered one of the first metal songs by a lot of damn people. Maybe The Stones exuded that raw, sexual rock 'n' roll vibe, but The Beatles weren't just a vocal group man.
>>
stones are earthier and more down to earth, Beatles are more abstract and impressionistic.

On a track like And Your Bird Can Sing, the lyrics aren't all that specific (compared to the vivid, relatable imagery the Stones always wrote about), but you can still hear that Lennon is singing from the pit of his belly and you just know.
>>
File: kinksvgps.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
kinksvgps.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
>>71478050
Although I'd agree with Sgt.Pepper, nothing can beat this for nostalgic england
>>
>>71481151
Yes I love the BRITISH pop group The Beach Boys.....jesus christ wilsonfags really are insecure aren't they...
>>
The Beatles as a whole but I like Sticky Fingers better than any Beatles album personally.
>>
stones
>>
>>71477882
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>71477949
>underrated
>>
>>71477882
beatles lol
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.