[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using my taste in music to make friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1450240944057.jpg (43KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
1450240944057.jpg
43KB, 720x544px
I don't have any friends, but I'd like to.

My tastes in music aren't necessarily "odd" by this board's standards, but I suspect they are by normal peoples' -- certainly odd enough to make me seem like an interesting person.

So my question is, how do I use the "eclectic" tastes I've cultivated over the years to make people take an interest in me and become my friend?

Note: I'm NOT asking how I can change my taste/pretend to like other things to make people like me.

With all of that in mind, please respond, and please respond seriously.
>>
Bumping.

Would really appreciate some help.
>>
You could go to shows and start talking to people. Alcohol and band shirts help with ice breaking. In theory. I'm speculating.
>>
>>71478187
I don't drink at shows because I'm my own ride home, but shirts do seem to help. I've had people initiate conversation based on the shirt I was wearing but I can't ever adequately project my voice in large venues so conversation is hard.
>>
>>71477859
In all likelihood, it won't help much. You can use that taste to make people respect your opinion on music, or help bond to someone with similar interests, but eclectic taste alone won't carry you. I mean, when you meet someone really involved in computers or another niche hobby, do you want to become immediate friends with them?

I don't have any friends myself, but I have learned that personality and "vibe" matters a lot more than interests. If you can develop your social skills until you're a really pleasant person to be around, friends should gravitate towards you.
>>
>>71478373
>I mean, when you meet someone really involved in computers or another niche hobby, do you want to become immediate friends with them?
I see your point.

>"vibe" matters a lot more than interests.
I agree, actually. I created this thread after countless times being told that the key to making friends is being "interesting."

I didn't know exactly what "interesting" meant, but I assumed eclectic hobbies and tastes would at least help. I suppose not, though. Oh well.
>>
I met all my friends by going to shows. They all turned out to be shitty and I completely cut them off after a decade and now just have no friends. It's so much easier that way. Family and lovers are what's important
>>
>>71478480
But my family is really just my mom and a sister I can't connect or interact with and I have no lover.
>>
>>71478459
Being interesting usually means being extoverted and engaging people via crazy hand gestures and rapid facial movements, could be talking about a sitcom or steve aoki
>>
>>71478459
By being "interesting", I think they meant being entertaining to other people. You might have the ability to rattle off 50 good albums in some obscure subgenre, but a very small percent of people in the world would care to listen. A good exercise would be to keep a lookout for people you like, figuring out the traits that make them likable, and then being a bit more like that.
>>
>>71478255
talk louder then?
>>
I'll be your friend unty
>>
>>71479571
How would we be friends, though?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.