[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinons on Monstercat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: monstercat_logo_square_large.png (88KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
monstercat_logo_square_large.png
88KB, 3000x3000px
Has anything worthwhile come out of Monstercat since it started in 2011?
>>
Worse label than OWLSA
>>
File: IMG_9022.jpg (94KB, 715x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9022.jpg
94KB, 715x683px
>>71457478
I'm defending it but it has a bad fanbase. At least they have some nice albums like twofold and that fractal album. Besides that, hit and miss
>>
lots, especially the melodic future bass stuff like hyper potions. the comps are worth listening to imo.
>>
You have to be 18 to post on here
>>
>>71457533
I honestly don't like the compilations. Unless a song I like has a really shitty cover, no purpose to buy it. Also, blackout, owsla, disciple, and vision all have incredible compilations with some great talent
>>
>>71457478
couple actual decent tracks per comp album, apart from that it's either commercial garbage or just straight up garbage
the a&r guys have no taste
and it's a graveyard for any artist actually wanting to make it, getting monstercat releases wont help you actually make any moves in the scene
>>
>>71457574
Never said I listened to them did I? Why would I post on /mu/ asking for opinons if I was already familiar with them?
>>
>>71457615
This. I hear bassnectar and dirtyphonics are releasing a song on the label and I fear that the channel will sign them, but it's unlikely

It's also stupid for how that one faggot with a bucket on his head can be found as good yet someone like the m machine will work their asses off to make a album with little recognition

Also, Thank god Au5 and fractal left the label. Hope that haywyre and the nerds also do that
>>
my friends like the label, and i can see why. its just sort of vapid music but it sounds great and that's what the majority of music-listeners want want
>>
>>71457755
It's a label that saw good older days but had a fall later on. People like bustre and feint got me into drum and bass, and it's a hard thing to do. I just want someone like bustre to get signed by ram or some other label
>>
>>71457701
if haywyre is going anywhere it's mad zoo. mat zo already took him on tour and adores him. definitely see them working together more and i'm sure mat zo can actually push the artists under his wing.
infact, he's signing a small english producer soon and getting him to play his first set out in la with the m machine and the apparent guestlist contains a lot of big names in "edm" right now.

the thing with marshmello is that owsla marketed the fucking shit out of him and made all the right plays and just put him everywhere. they even dropped focus on a tonne of their better, but less marketable, artists just to push marshmello more.

a lot of people seek a monstercat release. it actually generates a lot of money for the artist, a couple i know make a livable income off it just putting 1-2 songs on it a year and padding with smaller self releases. but the label itself has never helped them get anywhere else. they all searched out smaller places for other releases and those are the ones that helped them land gigs and the likes.
i mean gammer and darren styles had a release on the label a couple weeks ago and they are beyond legends in the hardcore scene and gammer himself has been sending demos to them for years. there's no respect in the higher ups for anyone
honestly i think its dying. I remember a couple years back when almost every release would get over a million views in the first month or so and some went on to do really well. Now it's like, barely pushing 500k unless you're pegboard nerds, aero chord, etc
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.