[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing gigs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I just saw Swans in Helsinki. The gig ended one hour ago. The band seemed to improvise most of the songs and not in a good way. Way too monotonous. The mix was 110% drums and bass, so it was hard to hear other instruments. Also 90% of the men in audience were skinny fat balding manlets.

Share your stories.

Picture semi-related. It's what men should look like.
>>
Do you get upset whenever you see a non-fit person? How do you make it through life?
>>
File: 1487264689446.jpg (131KB, 617x551px) Image search: [Google]
1487264689446.jpg
131KB, 617x551px
>>71432217
i knew it was the right call to not pay 30 for this

always trust your gut feel people, ingore hype
>>
get memed on
>>
>>71432217
>The mix was 110% drums and bass, so it was hard to hear other instruments
Not the bands fault definitely.
>>
>>71432217
>Way too monotonous
No shit, their recent albums is very heavily based on repetition
>>
>>71432328
A little and I don't understand, how non-fit people get through life. I'm doing just fine.

>>71432381
Now it was indeed a good choise to be cheap and/or lazy. Well done. I also had to pay for train tickets.

>>71432467
No but it was still part of the gig.

>>71432495
I've only listened to their old albums. Based on what I heard, their newer material comprises of two or three chords. Some songs also almost had lyrics. Almost.
>>
>>71432217
>2013
>Bob Dylan playing at Irvine Meadows Amphitheater
>venue's within driving distance of where I live and it's fucking Bob Dylan, so fuck it and go
>Opened by My Morning Jacket and Wilco
>Get their late (LA and OC traffic is always ass, nvm when there's an event anywhere), miss first half of first act
>My Morning Jacket was alright, typical mid-2000s fare
>Wilco fucking killed it
>Bob gets on stage
>hardrainsgonnafall.mp3
>Band starts playing
>Crowd cheering
>I'm fucking cheering
>Bob begins singing
>thingshavechanged.webm
>greeted by the raspiest voice I have ever heard
>lyrics are unintelligible
>spend the next hour trying to figure out wtf he's saying
>feels_bad_man.jpg
>>
>>71432217
>Also 90% of the men in audience were skinny fat balding manlets.

so /mu/ then
>>
>>71432680
also predicting weekend festival to be shit full of 17teens with cancer artists and that kiss wont live up to the hype next month, local death metal bands/rappers are worth your time tho
>>
>>71432798
Believe me, you don't want to see a Kiss gig nowadays. Paul Stanley is getting close to Chuck Berry level of deterioration and he's only in his 60s.
>>
>>71432844
wow
>>
>see modest mouse on their summer tour with brand new

>band is putting their all into it

>mix sounds like its coming through a tincan string phone

> Isaac is trying so hard on what people are made of

> here comes the best part "THEY AIN'T MADE OF NOTHING BUT WATER AND SHIT"

> can barely fucking hear him

> they play king rat (and the extended ending) the horns and banjo are louder than anything. Only part you can hear is "DEEP WATER DEEP WATER" cause Isaac is fucking shouting.

> float on happens. Isaac has to switch guitars for some reason.

> He flips off the sound guy.

> kek

> brand news mix is perfect. Sounds like a fucking studio. Band throws guitars in air and throws drum sticks and flowers into the audience. Members took the time to meet fans after show.

> don't like brand new's music at all.

>fml
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.