[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else diverse music taste here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Who else diverse music taste here?
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 750x1334px
My taste is diverse
>>
diversity is useless
become an expert
>>
>>71405991
I wouldn't be too hard on the kid. He's learning about music - by the time he's an adult he'll probably have pretty good taste.
>>
>>71406051
He already grew out electronic music for the most part so that's a good sign
>>
>>71406051
It's not so much a reflection on the kid but a reflection on /mu/ who haven't moved on from these artists.
>>
>>71406041
i disagree, rather be varied in all genres than an expert in one.
>>
>>71406089
Congratulations you're a hopeless dilettante
>>
>>71406041
why sample all when you can feast on your favorite
>>
>>71405991
All visceral globalist era pop music. Where is the classical or even jazz?
>>
File: folder.jpg (178KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
178KB, 888x888px
diverse taste is overrated
just pick the best
>>
>>71406089
Jack of all trades, Master of None
Crying all the time, because im not having fun

I do think listening to a diverse group of music is important, but it's really hard lying to myself. I used to say I was into these obscure experimental artists, but was never totally into them. I didnt have fun with listening to music until I stopped giving a fuck about having a "diverse and eclectic musical taste". I still have mu-core on my phone that I haven't touched in years and I feel so cringey looking at those album covers.
>>
>>71406078
>if a band is enjoyed by a younger audience, it's automatically not for adults
What a close minded opinion. Why is mu so desperate to appear old and mature?
>>
I like every genre of music except pop country, rap and metal.

I'm not memeing. I'm being completely fucking serious here.

Pop country is all the same fucking song over and over again.

Rap is just a black guy going UHH UHH UHH over and over again as far as I've seen.

ALL metal has no fucking power to it because there's no fucking build up.

Please prove me wrong /mu/, I can enjoy fucking noise and people banging metal pots with their dicks over and over while screaming the declaration of independence backwards but I genuinely want to find something I like in those genres.
>>
>>71405991
That's literally just rap and rock.
>>
File: 1488310156736.png (298KB, 2426x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1488310156736.png
298KB, 2426x1416px
>>71407614
>I like every genre

Just post you favourite album from each of these genres real quick
>>
>>71407614
>every genre
>except
>>
>>71407690
Okay here is the exact wording for autists.

I like every genre that I've listened to and almost every single song I've listened to. Post literally anything and I'll probably like it.

I actually do have some Inuit throat singing lying around, it's hard to find it because my entire music collection is just a bunch of unsorted bookmarks that I scroll down and click a random song from because I like fucking everything except for meme-genres.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPI2dXcn8Vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXKBx67GzVo

Excuse me if the sources are a little plebby but I don't get particularly deep into anything.

>>71407763
Post a good metal song, I would fucking love to hear it.
>>
>>71406074
electronic music is shit. /bleep/ is the worst shit ever.
>>
>>71407614
>because there's no fucking build up.
Check out post-black then. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qxB3tZscZM
>>
>>71407943
>Post a good metal song, I would fucking love to hear it

See>>71407973
>>
>>71408000
>>71407973
That was actually fucking fantastic, thanks for proving me wrong m8ies.
>>
>>71408294
;) That album is great, pretty unique.
>>
>>71405991
When he says "electronic" what kind does he mean?
>>
>>71408345
the same 10 eurodance songs, on repeat, over and over again
>>
>>71407614
Listen to Illmatic but actually try to pay attention to what he's saying and where he's coming from emotionally
>>
>>71405991
>pop x16

wow, hella diverse!
>>
>>71406078
>moved on from these artists
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71408737
He doesn't like it because it's popular here. He can't just be contrarian, he needs to be ultra contrarian because having taste that he believes is "patrician" gives him the self esteem that he's incapable of earning through hard work.
>>
The eclecticism of my musical tastes seems to baffle some people, but I see no meaningful contradiction between enjoying the purest of high-NRG, sugary, euphoric pop and enjoying the darkest and harshest crescendos of avant-garde compositions. Both are capable of creating astonishment in the brain's pleasure-circuits through the activation of the various and manifold levels of aesthetic appreciation. The individual moods that call for and are invoked by these different varieties of sonic creation are endlessly intriguing to me and speak volumes about the seemingly infinite complexity that can be derived from the building blocks of life itself. Hence, do not throw up your hands in bafflement when you see both Kylie Minogue and Scott Walker in my top-10
>>
>>71407614
>ALL metal has no fucking power to it because there's no fucking build up.
Dumb crescendopleb
>>
>>71406529
so you were a pretentious git who wanted to be diverse without putting in the effort to expose yourself to shit outside your comfort level and landed becoming a squarish, insular normal, leading a life deprived of intentionally scorned pleasures. my god. who said things should be easy or likable on first listen....it's crazy how growing up on pre-digested pop dreck sullies your experience with music over an entire lifetime
>>
>>71408394
Illmatic is shit though

>>71407943
Good hip-hop:
Madvillain - Madvillainy
cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
GZA - Liquid Swords
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
The list goes on...
>>
>>71409217
>forcing yourself to like shit music to appear "cultured"
Fuck off pleb
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.