[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: gylve.jpg (12KB, 432x275px) Image search: [Google]
gylve.jpg
12KB, 432x275px
A question for all of you faggots that dwell in this hellhole. Why do people pretend that Death Grips is "le so random XDD" or something THAT wierd? It seems mostly entry tier to me and even when I first heard them I liked the sound and couldn't figure out people that say they hated them at first, but ended up liking them.

What's the catch here, what am I missing, /mu/tards? Is it just normies being normies or is it something else? And no, I have no intention of being a special snowflake and all that jazz, I'm sure there are thousands of people that had the same experience, I'm just curious.
>>
>>71400094
XDD
>>
>>71400096
Thanks for the bump, I guess.
>>
>>71400094
you had to be around when dg was pulling stunts left and right.
>>
>>71400125
I'm talking music wise, but yeah, they certainly defy expectations constantly and know their fans to the core. It also helps that there's little to no information about them as people, so that adds to their appeal even more.
>>
>>71400094
>Is it just normies being normies
Yup
>>
>>71400147
im talking music wise also. mu used to do full blown essays on decrypting every dg lyric.
>>
>>71400170
Oh, I definitely wasn't around at the time it was doing so, but I can only assume what an experience that was.
>>
>>71400094
If DG is entry tier to you, then what do you listen to that would make them so? genuinely curious.

I think DG are maybe a bar or few up from entry tier in comparison to other bands, in terms of experimentation, and whatnot. They're not the weirdest band out, but damn are they good.
>>
>>71400423
I'm into various experimental shit like drone, noise and electronics, but I also enjoy metal, specifically black, power and doom. DG certainly is weird and they left quite an impression when I first heard them, but not to the lengths that it did for other people.
>>
>>71400094
Is this actually Fenriz?
>>
>>71400712
No, it's not Fenriz, sorry to say.
>>
>>71400459
>but not to the lengths that it did for other people
You just sound pretentious. Idk man DG was just so 4chan and created a weird relationship with their audience, so people got hyped. That's all it is, your not gonna find anything deeper.
>>
>>71400459
You just answered your own question, the music you already listen to made it less of a leap. People start in different places with music, depending where they are at plays into their response in hearing Death Grips for the first time. When I first heard them, pretty much about 80% of the music I listened to was Aesop Rock, Cage, MF DOOM, etc. They wasn't that much outside of hip hop like that I listened to apart from some post-rock and post punk. I think it was around 2012 when I first heard them and I had the sort of response you described. That had a lot do with how my music taste at the time. People have different trajectories when exploring music. Some people I knew back then, still now only really listen to hip hop and haven't looked much at all outside of that. If you want to understand people having a different reaction to you, that is pretty much why, their experiences with music so far factors largely into their response to hearing something for the first time. At that point in time it could be only a small leap based on what they already listen to and are familiar with. Other people the leap is much larger at that point in time.
>>
>>71400790
I'm not liking the things I like in order to fit higher in the grand schemes of social hierarchy and to feel better than someone else, so I wouldn't say I'm pretentious.

>>71401063
I can definitely agree with your post and I think you're right on the money with it. Your past experiences in music do make a difference in hearing bands like DG and me being really into more extreme genres perhaps made a significant difference there.
>>
>>71400094
Why do manchildren always feel so insecure about their taste in music? All these threads simply emit beta-male-ness.

''Gee I hope a vitnamesse finger puppet board approves of my taste in music. Because if they think it's normie or entry level I'll drop all those bands and force my eardrums to catch ebola from hearing Trout Mask replica.''

Is this really an issue which bothers you people?
>>
>>71401198
Fucker, what are you on to? I didn't seek validation, I just wanted to see why people find DG weird when there's countless of weirder music to behold.
>>
>>71401230
Their music weird, anyone who isn't a brainwashed follower can see it. The people who say that DG are weird/unusual are the ones who believe that Radiohead is experimental.

I do believe however, that Death Grips is a great band that's producing innovative and substantial content.
>>
>>71401254
They're a great band that always manages to surprise their fans, be it for better or worse, but that wasn't the point of my post.
>>
>>71401254
>doesn't proofread
But I expect this from someone with such a poorly-formed opinion who didn't even read the other replies in the thread.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.