[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kooks is a shit sandwich of a song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 145232823942323.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
145232823942323.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Kooks is a shit sandwich of a song
>>
Stop trying to force the meme
>>
>>71398676
It's not a fucking meme, I'm dead serious
>>
Half of Hunky Dory is utter trash
And the rest gets tired quick, and even on first listen isn't anything amazing
Why anyone blows it out of proportion I'll never know. Even Lodger has better fucking tracks, with Boys being the worst track, which really speaks volumes about the album.
>>
>>71398953
what a shit opinion

I doubt you even play an instrument or know anything about music theory
>>
File: not an argument.png (15KB, 762x577px) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.png
15KB, 762x577px
>>71398964
>b-b-b-bet you don't even play
Flute. Ten years. Fundamental understanding of music theory.
Just because a song is "correct" doesn't make it sound good
>>
>>71398964
What the fuck would that have to do with anything?
>>
>>71398953
Seriously, it's a mediocre pop album *at best*
>>
>>71398983
Ok, so I guess we just have different taste. I'm not a fan of the quirky sounds of lodger.

>>71399017
You seriously can't comprehend why somehow an unknowing of music theory can correlate to bad musical opinions?
>>
File: 1483483075832.jpg (35KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1483483075832.jpg
35KB, 317x265px
>>71399166
Don't get me wrong, I definitely wouldn't say Lodger is gold or anything, but that it was more consistent.
With Hunky Dory Bowie clearly just tossed shit at the wall hoping it'd stick.
>>
>>71399178
Well, to be fair almost all pop music is just tossing shit at the wall hoping it'd stick. Hunky Dory is a pretty fun album and Bowie's best vocal performances are in it..
>>
>>71398953
>>71399122
>Hunky Dory thread
>Everyone hates Hunky Dory all of a sudden
Don't ever change, /mu/

Seriously though, there are some really well crafted songs on Hunky Dory.

One of my personal favorites is Oh You Pretty Things, which has a turnaround that is quite unorthodox, or "incorrect", to refute >>71398983, as well as some lively, Beatles-esque rhythms - I could just as easily hear Paul McCartney singing. Also I get a kick out of the lyrics, especially the chorus - which makes me grin as I reflect man's shortcomings, both as individuals and as a society. Another one of the highlights was Bewlay Brothers, which is a great dramatic closer. The moody, minimal instrumentation compliments the song nicely. The lyrics are deliciously cryptic (albeit somewhat nonsensical according to an interview iirc). Then there's Andy Warhol, which has a charming sense of humor, a catchy riff, and an adventurous instrumental outro. Queen Bitch is just another great catchy, hard rocking pop song. And of course there's the two hits. I enjoy Life on Mars evokes the same kind of thoughts I get from Oh You Pretty Things, which I like, given my general contempt for humanity. Changes is a solid opener. The others I could leave behind, but I wouldn't say they're utter trash.
>>
>>71399385
Exactly
Those tracks are wonderful
But the rest is absolute trash and I see people defending the trash constantly so they can claim "it's a wonderful album, one of his best"
It simply is weighed down too much by shit to be anything about "good"
>>
>>71398953
changes and life on mars are great but everything else is just boring tribute shit
>>
>>71399385
i'm not sure if he started doing it by the time of hunky dory but bowie wrote some of his songs in the william s. burroughs style of clipping random sentences from newspapers, novels, and all sorts of literature and then arranging them. sort of like the fridge magnets.

so yeah his lyrics are nonsense
>>
>>71399748
>singles are great
>but can't get into the full album
how can you be so pleb
Stick to his Greatest Hits pls
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.