[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this band any good in /mu/'s opinion, would like to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Fear_of_a_blank_planet.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fear_of_a_blank_planet.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
Is this band any good in /mu/'s opinion, would like to know
>>
Lyrics are edgy and cringey as well as out of touch. But it's still a good album. Steven Wilson is a great musician
>>
>>71397860
>>71397909

>X-Box is a god to me
>A finger on the switch
>My mother is a bitch
>My father gave up ever trying to talk to me

Really make you think.
>>
I adore Steven Wilson's overall body of work.

>but muh xbox
>but muh iPod

Yes, because no musician before him has used contemporary references in their songs to solidify the time and place in which it's happening.
>>
i swear to god PT would be such a better band without the metal parts. i'm not alone in thinking this, right?
>>
>>71398400
Nope, I love the metal parts. I'm sorry that you're a little baby who can't handle 15 seconds of metal riffs :(
>>
>>71398327
>ONLY EM TEE VAYYYY
>COD PHIL O SO FAYYY

lmfao
>>
>>71397860
taste is subjective and if you can appreciate it it's good enough.
Yeah, I dig porcupine tree, really loved that album when I was in my teens.
>>
>>71397987
Say what you will about those lyrics, but they really made me re-think my life back in the day. Maybe try putting the games down and talking to your parents you lousy kids.

>>71397909
>I don't agree with the lyrics
>therefore they're out of touch

Or maybe they're spot fucking on and you don't want to face the truth?
>>
>>71397987
How old is Steven Wilson? PT started in the 90s right? Between his stance on videogames and music formats I would think he was in his fucking 60s. He's spent his whole life making music like he was alive in the 70s so maybe that led to him thinking like a 70s musician too?
>>
>>71399678
You probably won't get any replies because it hit too close to home.
>>
>>71399678

Childhood is liking Porcupine Tree but thinking their lyrics are out of touch

Adulthood is realzing Steven Wilson was right all along, but his music was garbage.
>>
>>71399953
"adulthood" as in early onset dementia senility
>>
>>71397860
Is there any other album with 10/10 production and musicianship but worse lyrics?
>>
>>71399694
He's almost 50
>>
>>71399678
>they really made me re-think my life back in the day
I remember being 15, too

>>71397860
Instrumentation and production is great, lyrics are gobshite; it's about the turning point where Steven Wilson started to go stale in his producing.

Sure, he's undoubtedly got skill, but he's become sterile; everything he makes is fine, but there's no grit or personality to it

In terms of Wilson's discog, I'd say try out The Sky Moves Sideways (early Porcupine Tree) and Storm Corrosion - it's more atmospheric, but less edgy pseudo-prog
>>
File: Porcupine_tree_stupid_dream.jpg (78KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
Porcupine_tree_stupid_dream.jpg
78KB, 303x300px
>>71397860
>Clearly the superior album
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.