[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In the February 2016 issue of Rolling Stone, Mike Love said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Love_&_Mercy_(poster).jpg (81KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
Love_&_Mercy_(poster).jpg
81KB, 250x371px
>In the February 2016 issue of Rolling Stone, Mike Love said that he was denied an advance screening of the film, adding: "I don't really need to see it. I've lived it."

Why do I hate this man so much? Landy may be a svengali of the worst order, but Love, what a self-deluded mediocrity! There is no one I am more contemptuous of, more hung up on, more disgusted by. Brian Wilson, a genius, too pure for this world, needed a muse, support, guidance, and he got this guy breaking in from every quarter trying to milk the band he created for another buck. Sometimes, in the latenight hours, I draw up plans to drive to LA or wherever he lives, kidnap him and subject him to all and sundry extravagant tortures. To me this is morally defensible. I see no reason why he shouldn't feel the pain Brian must have felt as SMiLE was derided, sabotaged and finally shelved. I want to kill this man, and let him know the reason why. And why shouldn't I, /mu/? I can find no reason.
>>
He wrote the lyrics to good vibrations letting capitol to give Brian the money to make the smile sessions
>>
>>71397638
Any sympathy this might draw out of me is obliterated by the fact that he was either too glib or too greedy to not leave Van Dyke Parks (a potential muse for Brian) alone.
>>
Also Smile probably wouldn't have been technologically possible either. They did put the pieces together digitally but back then it was with physical tape making millions of ways to put it together brian would never have finished it .
>>
>>71397681
Whatever technological, personal or creative failures plagued SMiLE, they were outside of the purview of Mike Love's idiot mind. He was against it from the beginning. Resented what he could not understand.
>>
mike love is the best beach boy, anyone who denies this is a hypelord contrarian who believes brian "acid autist" wilson is a purveyor of """"""""""''high art"""""""""""""""
>>
you cant only blame mike.
the other members weren't the biggest fans of it either.
>>
>>71397722
Brian was getting paranoid also. more mentally unstable.
>>
>>71397835
Sure, but I'd gladly kill Mike for what he represents. Am I going to kill Brian's own brothers, who at least love him and have a modicum of talent, because they weren't as advanced musically? They would have got in line and come around if not for Mike.

>>71397873
And can we rule out the possibility this was because of Mike's derision and antagonism?
>>
>>71397957
Not to mention would capitol records have kept their patience?
>>
>>71397957
Plus, you can't kill people who are already long dead.
>>
>>71398000
I'm not pretending there's no irrationality or gross speculation behind my ire, but even if things went down exactly the same w/o Mike Love, he still must be stopped. Nice trips!

>>71398027
Yes, I often forget that Carl is dead
>>
>>71397668
close

>>71397833
nice

>>71398000
fukcgin n i c e
>>
>>71397587
Fuck you poseuxeur
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.