[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nickelback is a solid band.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Nickelback.jpg (123KB, 830x498px) Image search: [Google]
Nickelback.jpg
123KB, 830x498px
Nickelback is a solid band.
>>
>mfw I occasionally enjoy Nickelback cause it takes me back
>>
I'm almost tempted to be contrarian enough to say that Nickelback are actually a good band but it just isn't true is it
>>
>>71397447
Better than u2
>>
everyone in like 2003 loved their song remind me, dont know where the sudden hate came from
>>
i mean they're not my first choice when listening to music but they're not as offensively bad as the gay "indie" shit this board circlejerks
>>
Photograph has a nice instrumental. Imagine if Mark Kozelek were singing it. Stalemate
>>
This is the first band I listened to. And I fell in love with them. They are really a great band. I still listen to their tracks. Very nostalgic.
>>
>>71397663
*Check mate
>>
File: killedrockmusic.jpg (158KB, 1320x931px) Image search: [Google]
killedrockmusic.jpg
158KB, 1320x931px
>>71397447
More solid than these clowns. I'll give them that.
>>
They really produce those hits for the top 40 charts.their really a machine in that way
>>
>>71397584

Worse bands deserve more hate, and Nickelback's bad reputation is unfair. They're only guilty of being average, and to some people that's the ultimate crime, but I disagree. I would much rather listen to a Nickelback than a Yoko Ono.
>>
>>71397730

First two Foo Fighters albums I would consider real music. Everlong plays at a party, I'm enjoying myself. They're a great example of a band that became a parody of themselves though. Such a shame Dave has a great scream.
>>
>>71397785
The biggest problem Nickleback had, was its own success. Radio stations where I live played them twice an hour on almost every station, through the height of their fame. The saturation and constant Nickleback is what pushed lots of people away ultimately. People got sick of always hearing it.
How heavily did your radio stations play them? Curious.
>>
>>71397447
i don't like them, but hating Nickelback is nothing but a reddit-tier meme for dadrockers and metalfags.
>>
>>71397821
David Grohl should have retired on a giant pile of money, or become a producer or something else, because he never would have succeeded without his connections and Kurts coat tails.
While he was hogging up the airwaves with his enormous ego, we probably missed out on something that should have been there... and his scream is pathetic.
>>
>>71397785
>They're only guilty of being average.

That's exactly the problem. Chad Kroeger has stated that his songwriting involved listening to rock radio and meticulously taking note of everything that bands were doing; every chord progression, vocal deliveries, lyrical content, etc. Nickelback's entire songwriting playbook is limited to simply delivering a mediocre version of everything else that's popular, and why they've garnered so much success over other, better acts I'll never know.

Does it sound bad? No. Are they bad musicians, or even bad songwriters? No, I've heard worse, and they have some good songs. But the hatred for them doesn't stem from how their music sounds, it stems from the fact that they COULD do better, that they COULD push their creativity and make some solid material, but they instead choose not to and make half-assed generic hard rock instead.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-229997933/kurt-cobain-tribute?in=user-229997933/sets/cardboard-didgeridoo
>>
>>71397915

Looking forward to Chad's side project when half the band mysteriously dies in a plane crash.
>>
>>71397886

He should have done this he should have done that. Why aren't you managing for him?
>>
>>71397730
Foo Fighters sell themselves as being legitimate when they are in fact just as commercialized and bland as Nickelback. At least Nickelback doesn't hide behind some "this is real rock" facsimile.
>>
>>71398012

All conjecture
>>
There's no reason "Wonderwall" should be praised and "How You Remind Me" panned.
>>
>>71398189
please see
>>71397915
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.