[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't unterstand rap anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 265x190px
I used to really like rap, back as a kid, then i became metalhead for a while in middleschool and not so long ago i returned to rap, but mostly because it as making me aggressive ( i was listening to Waka flocka and rick ross, yeah) and it was helping to work out. I was also listening to it, cause it went nicely with the weed (asap rocky, Flatbush zombies, etc). Then, i was listening, more cause of the good lyrical content and just unique sound (kendrick lamar, kanye etc). But now, i just can't stand "serious" rap, because it's mostly based around thug life or some kind of stupid messages, which i just can't find serious or just good sounding. The only ones i could still listen are beastie boys or tyler the creator, because of the funny content.
My question is, how do people listen to the same rap songs over and over? Even when i was more into rap, i still got tired of listening to the same songs, not like i do with normal music, like rnb, for instance. Do people feel the same, listening to rap, as they would to "normal" type of music?
>>
TL:DR
>>
>>71393305
And sorry for the language: i'm not that good with english and was writing on the fucking phone
>>
>>71393320
Yeah, it did not feel that long, when i was typing
>>
Btw, i'm a newfag and a pleb
>>
>>71393305
is this big moe i like him too but tl;dr
>>
>>71393511
>Tl;dr
Fuck you, guys
>>
>>71393365
It wasn't long at all. I usually just go discover something new if I feel like running out of things to listen to though it rarely happens.
>>
>>71393305
LIKE A PINCH ON THE NECK
>>
>>71393305
When you say serious rap are you referring to groups like RTJ?
>>
>>71393669
>OF MR SPOCK
>>71393609
Yeah, i have some stuff to listen too, its just that rap stopped being one of it
>>
>>71393831
Tbh, havent listened to them, yet.
Listened to a tribe called quest, not so whike ago, liked them, but got tired not so long after. Didn't find one particular song, that was just about ghetto, niggas and thugs, and how life is tough in compton or brooklyn or whatever. I guess because its ny rap?
>>
listen to MF DOOM op... I don't even tell people I like hip hop so much.. I tell them I listen to lots of genres all types of music etc.
as far as hip hop/rap goes you really only need to listen to MF DOOM and whatever production style you are feeling at the moment
>>
>>71394340
I've listened to madvillain, liked it for a month, got tired of it. It was one of the best ones that's for sure, but still.
And hey, i'm the type of guy who can listen to smooth operator or simply reds stars every day.
>>
>>71394401
you only listened to Madvillain? I would recommend some of his other projects. I know that /mu/ and the internet in general gushes over Madvillain but I like some of his other personas better
>>
>>71393305
Pay attention to the rhythms/delivery styles of the raps and the often very rhythmic interaction they have with the rest of the arrangement. Without gimmicks, it's that kind of interesting rhythmic interplay combined with certain atmospheres that makes hip hop worth listening to for me.
>>
>>71393305
Old hip hop really was the message of the streets.

Now, it's "who can generate the most computer sounds while spazzing over cheap hookers and drugs". Anyways, they call it "mumble rap" now. It's what all the newfags are into, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, all those other lil rich soundcloud douchebags.
>>
>>71394583
I swear it's a joke between black people to see how shit they can make it while white people still go out and buy it.
>>
>>71394697
but white people, or really any people for that matter aren't buying music.. which is a problem.. not the only problem but certainly a big problem where what was once worth doing doesn't seem worth doing and now you aren't seeing real hip hop made anymore as a result
>>
>>71394740
I see what you're getting at.
Since there's no cash flow from the everyday citizen it's not nearly as profitable anymore
>>
try listening to all of Danny Browns albums except Old then Old if you like him
I'm guessing you've already listened to Nas
>>
>>71394952
The one with a little kid on the cover, not all of them
>>
>>71394934
It is and it isn't. records aren't selling but the same companies that own the records command the airways right, so they can get whatever played.. now hip hop is more (than ever) a vehicle to sell lifestyle, product etc.

the rugged 90s thug lifestyle is a bit played out at this point to sell.. so honestly I think it is a mixture between not having good material to push and not knowing what the fuck consumers actually want. it's very weird for all music, not just hip hop really
>>
>>71394583
try Danny Brown
>>
>>71393950
The personality and attitude usually makes up for most of the repetitiveness in my opinion. A Tribe Called Quest isn't serious though.. just a fun listen. You should check out dälek
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.