[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artists that white people inexplicably love.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: SIP-the-smiths-06.jpg (104KB, 800x529px)
SIP-the-smiths-06.jpg
104KB, 800x529px
Artists that white people inexplicably love.
>>
>>71383120
>hispanics
>white
>>
>>71383120
Kek. Mexicans love them some Smiths/Morrisey more than whitey.

But cool thread.
>>
>>71383131
>>71383151
Here in the UK literally every white person loves them, along with Oasis and Arctic Monkeys.
>>
File: mozmex.jpg (136KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
mozmex.jpg
136KB, 625x625px
I think someone left a stack of the smiths albums at a home depot parking lot once
>>
>>71383216
its almost like the uk is a European country you shitskin scum
>>
>>71383216
That's weird, because while I'll admit that every """"indie"""" kid loves Oasis and Arctic Monkeys I've found more people who dislike the Smiths than who like them. Maybe it's just who I associate with (and should cease to do so immediately)
>>
>>71383216
because they're from the uk you mong
>>
File: Beyonce.jpg (121KB, 640x719px) Image search: [Google]
Beyonce.jpg
121KB, 640x719px
Artists that black people inexplicably love.
>>
>>71383300
*Artists that people inexplicably love.
>>
>>71383300
Real black people don't listen to fucking Beyonce.

Beyone is a (((msm))) forced meme.
>>
>>71383120
Matha fuckin white people n shiiet they like all this pussy twink shit n we in the hood sellin drugs livin da real life n shiiiet nigga why do people like the smiths for shit nigga these white people don't know about the struggle mane haha fucking pieces of shit talkin about his feelings like he was about to take it in the ass or some shit nigga, I swear to god mane.
>>
>>71383300
YAAASSS SSLAAAAYYY YASSS
>>
File: mozzz.jpg (19KB, 236x377px) Image search: [Google]
mozzz.jpg
19KB, 236x377px
His lyrics are characterised by their usage of black humour, self-deprecation, and the pop vernacular.[193] Many of his lyrics avoid mentioning the gender of the narrator, and thus provide both male and female listeners with multiple points of identification.[194] Simpson felt that his lyrics often highlighted "the essential absurdity of gender".[195] Discussing The Smiths' lyrics, in 1992 Stringer highlighted that they placed great emphasis on the concept of Englishness, but added that unlike the contemporary Two-Tone and acid house movements, they focused on white England rather than exploring its multi-cultural counterpart.[196] Although noting that during the 1980s emphasising white identity was a trait closely linked with right-wing politics, Stringer expressed the view that The Smiths represented "the only sustained response that white, English pop/rock music was able to make" against the Thatcher government's "appropriation of white, English national identity".[196]

His lyrics have expressed disdain for many elements of British society, including the government, church, education system, royal family, meat-eating, money, gender, discos, fame, and relationships.[197] In his lyrics for The Smiths, Morrissey avoided explicit descriptions of the consummation of sex; rather, he sings about the anticipation, frustration, aversion, or final disappointment with sex.[198] Stringer suggested that this deliberate avoidance of sex was a reflection of the band's 'Englishness' because it invoked English cultures' "lack of emotional expression, the way in which feelings, and especially sexual feelings, cannot be expressed directly through casual touch, body contact and so on"
>>
Kanye
>>
Any negro rapper
>>
>>71383300
>Artists that white SJWs inexplicably love despite not even caring about their music

FTFY
>>
File: petras07.01.jpg (68KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
petras07.01.jpg
68KB, 960x640px
Punk anything. I love punk though.

The local Punk scene is predominately white while the population is like 50% hispanic and 20% black.
>>
File: moz wilde.jpg (142KB, 728x1200px) Image search: [Google]
moz wilde.jpg
142KB, 728x1200px
>Morrissey and Johnny Marr dictated the musical direction of the Smiths. Marr said in 1990 that it "was a 50/50 thing between Morrissey and me. We were completely in sync about which way we should go for each record".[114] The band's "non-rhythm-and-blues, whiter-than-white fusion of 1960s rock and post-punk was a repudiation of contemporary dance pop" – the style popular in the early 1980s.[115] The band purposely rejected synthesisers and dance music.[58] They sometimes used Sergei Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets as entrance music at live shows.
>>
File: luther-vandross-1.jpg (45KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
luther-vandross-1.jpg
45KB, 1024x768px
>>71383120
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.