[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best Green Day album. Zero filler and every song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Green-Day-Warning-album-cover.jpg (265KB, 1450x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Day-Warning-album-cover.jpg
265KB, 1450x1450px
This is the best Green Day album. Zero filler and every song is good. Everything else since has been shit.
>>
It's the only Green Day album I like
>>
>>71375984
Agreed. Nimrod is okay but has way too many songs.
>>
File: 1473564178472.gif (557KB, 475x317px) Image search: [Google]
1473564178472.gif
557KB, 475x317px
love this album
>>
>>71376045
castaway is great
>>
DON'T WANT TO BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT
>>
Dookie > Nimrod >= American Idiot > Warning > Insomniac >> Kerplunk >>>>> 21st Century Breakdown

debut is fine
new stuff is shit
>>
>>71376133
BITE MY LIPS AND CLOSE MY EYES
>>
>>71376361
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
>>
>>71375971
Their creative peak desu.

Their most mature album too.
>>
>>71376383
It's so much better lyrically than American Idiot.
>>
the trilogy was absolute garbage
wtf were they thinking
>>
>>71376327
21st Century Breakdown is shit too.
>>
I think you meant to post Dookie.
>>
>>71375971
Green Day was never good

Why people are pretending to like this piece of shit?
>>
>>71376536
peacemaker was pretty good
but the rest of that album was an absolute mess
>>
>>71376577
*tips fedora*
>>
>>71376592
Don't you have to argue with your parents because they won't let you go out today?
>>
lol this is the first record they made that sucked. great bait

warning and everything after it sucked, but everything after warning sucked a little less than warning, which really sucked
>>
File: 1486515469668.jpg (56KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1486515469668.jpg
56KB, 500x417px
/mu/ likes fucking Green Day?

Lol you guys hit a new low everyday
>>
>>71376641
>American Idiot gets unironically posted
And yet we're still here
>>
>>71376641
/mu/ has always liked Dookie and Warning (and some express love for Insomaniac)
>>
>>71375971
>>71375971

>overdriven power chords: the band

whoa. check this out guys: what if in our next song we write i v vi iii iv i iv v
>>
>>71376689
Listen to Misery bro and stop complaining about >muh technicality
>>
>>71376683
Green Day is garbage.i thought it was common knowledge here.
>>
>>71376732

i will give misery a listen.

i don't think technicality is the only thing that matters. but i do think it's nice when professional musicians can play better than the average high school student.
>>
something something something CHURCH ON SUNDAY

no but really, great album
>>
>>71376742
Dookie was always loved here. Check every /mu/'s 90's or punk chart, Dookie is always there.

And about Green Day, they are solid, but being part of the emo movement from the 2000's really hurt their image. If you like punk there's no reason for not liking Green Day, only if you believe in the "selling out" meme.
>>
>>71376732
>>71376782

update: i listened to misery.

fair enough in that i didn't realize that green day had made anything using mandolins and accordions or the genre-markers of european folk music.

but honestly it sounds like they listened to a tom waits album and thought "let's make an extremely watered down version of this"
>>
>>71376875
Did you like the lyrics? One of Billie Joe's best imo.
>>
>>71376782
>better than the average high school student

green day as a rock band are very professional and tight. Yeah, it's 3 chords but they sound way better than other simple punk bands that do the same thing. Also, Tre Cool is a phenomenal drummer.

Green Day is much more professional sounding than bands like Radiohead, even if they play simple songs

>t. guy who can play Eruption but still respects Green Day as a competent band
>>
>>71376374
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT TOO
>>
>>71376683
don't pretend it's any better than american idiot. they are a shitty band that got famous off billy joel pretending to be an english punk.

>dookie was good
dookie was liked by literal elementary school kids. that was the fan base. some of the choruses are simple enough for little kids to sing along to so they liked it compared to pearl jam.
>>
>>71376641
Joy fucking Division!
>>
>>71376995

that's a fair point, their recordings do sound very professional. but to me that speaks more of their producers than of them as musicians.

anyone half worth their salt can sound lush, tight, and larger-than-life in the hands of a seasoned producer.

i can agree that tre has chops.
>>
>>71376327
>Kerplunk that low
I'm hurt anon
>>
>>71377086
i meant live, Green Day is really good live. They play better than most bands, even bands that play "difficult" music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKYmUp4JAQ
>>
>>71376940

i didn't pay much attention to the lyrics desu. i personally find most song lyrics, even from bands and musicians that i like, pretty cringey and didactic, so i kinda stopped paying attention to lyrics. i tend to like the lyrics in songs by the smiths. i think morrissey tended to be pretty subtle in a way that did not condescend to the listener. he gave you credit for being able to figure out subtext. i also enjoy lyricism that is the complete opposite of subtle--stuff that is knowingly and intentionally over-the-top. a lot of rap lyrics come to mind, like this bit of self-satire by chip tha ripper: "interior crocodile alligator / i drive a chevrolet movie theatre". now, that's cringey and didactic, but in the extreme. it takes the piss for comedic effect.

that's my own personal bias and just a particular thing i have my head up my own ass about.

tl;dr i don't like lyrics in general other than for their sonic quality
>>
>>71377193

cheers for the example. during the intro, billie's downpicking and palm muting is solid
>>
Kerplunk > Dookie > Insomniac > 39/Smooth >>> Nimrod >>> Warning >>>>>>> Dog shit >>>>>>>>> 12 year old Tumblr pop-punker shit >>>>>>>>> The rest of Green Day's discography
>>
>>71375971
the title track is a blatant rip off the kinks picture book.
dookie was their best album.
>>
>>71378245
I can agree with this
>>
>>71378292
It's better than picture book though and original enough

Their track Waiting is a rip off of some Broadway song from the 30s. They've also ripped off Sabbath, ELO and Husker Du, but hey the end result is still terrific songs so I'm not -that- mad
>>
>>71376742
It's got to the point where Dookie and some other albums from that era are appearing on 90s punk charts
that's not a bad thing, I still listen to the odd song for nostalgia value because I was into them when I was 13
I imagine /tv/ listens to them for the same reasons, just because they trigger some emotion in them
If you didn't listen to them as a kid then viewing them from an outside perspective may mean they seem shit

Warning > Nimrod > Dookie > American Idiot > Insomniac > Kerplunk > The Rest
>>
>>71378876
it's not better than picture book though.
what's their ELO ripoff?
>>
>>71378982
Opinions

Telephone Line/21 Guns

Although, The Waking Hour's song "Jade" from 2003 also has exactly the same chorus, and I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere (did ELO even do it first?)
>>
>>71379100
it's the right opinion.
yea 21 guns rips a fraction of the chorus off but it's applied in such a shitty way and man it's a shit song.
>>
>>71376459
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Billie admitted they only really put that out for attention/money and that almost all the songs were just written quickly without much thought. There are a couple of good tunes on there but most of it is filler garbage.

Also Warning is my favourite of their albums by far. Waiting is such a good song. Saw them live in 2013 and they played that song for the first time in about 7 years and it pretty much completed my life.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.