[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Flaming Lips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2344.jpg (38KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2344.jpg
38KB, 400x243px
What would you rate their Discography? What album should I start with? What album should I avoid, if there is one?
>>
>>71375711
Avoid everything but Yoshimi, Soft Bulletin, and Clouds Taste Metallic. But those ones are actually excellent
>>
>>71375711
New one isn't very good. Start with Soft bulletin. If you like the weird psychedelic stuff go forward chronologically if you prefer straightforward rock move backwards. Once you finish one way do the other.
>>
File: 1422666088317.gif (3MB, 466x256px) Image search: [Google]
1422666088317.gif
3MB, 466x256px
>>71375711
I really want to like The Flaming Lips but I absolutely hate Wayne's voice. A shame too because the music is really nice.

What do?
>>
>>71376114
Just acclimate yourself to it.
>>
>>71375711 Trust me brother, start with hit to death in the future head from 1992 and go up from there.
>>
>>71376303
This, but start with In a Priest Driven Ambulence
>>
>>71376376
This
>>
Their first ever EP is really awesome Psych Punk.

https://youtu.be/YD9kbVPWYOE

It's on Finally The Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid.
>>
File: 51amXfX5yVL.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51amXfX5yVL.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>71377300
>>
oczy mlody is garbage, avoid it like the bubonic plague
>>
>>71375987
Those are the easiest to start, and they're very good, I agree. But i would add Embryonic and The Terror even though they are...well, less easy to acclimate to.
>>
The Soft Bulletin is their best album. It's a 10/10 and one of the greatest albums ever.

Yoshimi and Embryonic are both 9/10. Amazing albums. Embryonic being their most psychadelic.

War with the Mystics and The Terror are both 8/10. Great albums. Mystics grows from Yoshimi and gets more psych, and leads into Embryonic.

From their earlier stuff, I can't say I've heard most of it, but Clouds Taste Metallic is a great 90s rock record.
>>
1. Soft Bulletin
2. Yoshimi
3. Clouds Taste Metallic
4. Embryonic (it's hard mode though)
5. Hit To Death In The Future Head
6. At War The Mystics
7. Transmissions From The Sattelite Heart
8. In a Priest Driven Ambulance
9. Telepathic Surgery

Note: The Terror, Zaireeka, Oczy Mlody (newest album) and their first two records are left out. The first two I mentioned will probably land in the middle of the list. The others haven't gotten a listen.
>>
>>71375711
I watched the pitchfork doc on the soft bulletin as my introduction and I thought that was great. I'd say go Soft Bulletin, then Yoshimi, then just check each one out cause they're pretty different
>>
Love Yoshimi, first album of theirs I heard and never followed up on anything else.
>>
>>71376114
check out Mercury Rev my dude
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.