[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 75

File: WayCoolGuitarGuy.jpg (52KB, 837x640px) Image search: [Google]
WayCoolGuitarGuy.jpg
52KB, 837x640px
"First Post Decides The Edition" Edition

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com

Suggested Practice Routine:
>http://i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png

Guitar chords and inversions
>http://www.chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>http://stringtensionpro.com/

Music theory:
>http://musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods+Cab+1.3.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM+RECTO+V30+L2.wav

Old thread >>71361847
>>
File: fender-starcaster-natural.jpg (289KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fender-starcaster-natural.jpg
289KB, 960x1440px
>>
File: dumb bag darnell.jpg (29KB, 333x480px) Image search: [Google]
dumb bag darnell.jpg
29KB, 333x480px
Dimebag Darnell Edition
>>
>>71373836
What type of guitar is that?
>>
File: Front-Avenger-White1.jpg (209KB, 640x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Front-Avenger-White1.jpg
209KB, 640x1300px
>>71373982
Google says Jericho Guitars
Kind of looks like a less gaudy PRS
>>
>>71373903
YOU ABOUT TO GET THRASHED TEXAS STYLE
>>
>>71374255
GETCHA PUSH
>>
Is any of this good? I've been fucking around with it for a couple days just trying to get some ideas. I think I accidentally made something that sounds like pop punk deafheaven or something.
https://clyp.it/jnvbnong
>>
Guys playing guitar is really fun!
>>
>>71374378
I agree. Just earlier today I was playing guitar and having fun
>>
>>71373836
>>71374048
lel, jericho has sunk to shilling on 4chan
>>
File: Mu-Tron III.jpg (210KB, 917x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Mu-Tron III.jpg
210KB, 917x1023px
are they worth getting
>>
>>71374048
desu I'd rather get a prs standard or a yamaha
>>
>>71374413
I googled "way cool guitar guy" and chose an image that looked most suitable for an OP. I get all my OP images by searching for dumb shit like that
>>
>>71374435
Use youtube and get far more reliable results than asking shitposters for answers
>>
>>71374435
Get a Strymon Mobius for the same price and have a shitload more options.
>>
How much time to you guys spend practicing every day?
>>
>>71374984
I never "practiced"
I just pick up a guitar and play

If I ever sat down with the intention of practicing I would never have got anywhere
>>
File: 1996_S470DX_MG.png (93KB, 350x122px) Image search: [Google]
1996_S470DX_MG.png
93KB, 350x122px
>>71374984
I try to do at least 15mins of scales and shit everyday, and one longer 45mins minimum per week.
>>
>>71374984
heavily depends

some days maybe 10-15 min, some days like 2 hours
>>
>>71373982
Electric
>>
>>71373982
Pretty obvious that it's >>71374048. Does appear to have a Seymour Duncan Invader or something similar in the bridge. Otherwise, asked and answered, right?
>>
>>71374984
At least two hours. I usually start with with some fusion improv stuff, over some backing tracks, maybe work on tightening up my technique (right now my thing is string-skipping extended arpeggios across multiple octaves). Then I'll do some theory application stuff using a book on jazz guitar solos that provides analysis of jazz harmonic concepts. That's been really helpful for my phrasing.
>>
Skervesen
>>
>>71375729
Blackmachine
>>
>>71375687
>trying so hard.
>having this kind of free time

Don't get me wrong, wish I had that type of time on my hands. But many years ago I got away from trying to do stuff that's impressive for impressive's sake and started working on playing stuff that moved me emotionally. Arpeggios are great, and not that hard (although it sounds like they can be made artificially harder...don't know what string skipping across multiple octaves means exactly, but I can guess what it means and I probably can't do it). It does sound more like a bit than a useful tool though.

Learning how to play a a song you've never even heard before and having fun with it--and doing it with friends rather than sitting on your bed alone for 2 hours a night arpeggiating--is when I learned how to have real fun as a guitarist. Playing a song with great lyrics and a bunch of dumb chord changes With band mates doing the same thing is how I learned to enjoy being a musician.
>>
redpill me on schecter
>>
>>71375886
What I got from your post is you're really insecure about not being that good at guitar
>>
This thread needs more pictures of gear. Anyone got any pictures of gear?
>>
>>71376034
Miss the point, and dull the point as well.
>>
>>71376036
Got you senpai
>>
>>71375886
Damn dude.

The only free time I have at ALL is the time I'm spending right now. I'll set up with my guitar at like, 10:30 pm and play straight through until 12:30 - 1 am (or longer) and then get a few hours of sleep before work. I don't do "impressive things for the sake of being impressive"; I genuinely enjoy studying music the same way someone might enjoy studying history, and getting to apply what I learn is a personally rewarding experience. I don't do what I do to impress people: I do what I do because I want to be able to create music like the musicians I admire, whether it's Frank Zappa or Pat Martino or Hendrix or whoever. The process of studying theory and improving technique enables me to translate the music in my brain to my guitar. It's the conduit by which I am better able to express myself as a musician. You don't need to do it the same way, but you don't get to condescend just because your process is different.

Also, being able to understand certain musical concepts allows me to better communicate with other musicians, especially non-guitarists because at a certain point, the language of theory becomes universal to virtually all instruments and it makes composition easier. Like, I'd rather just be able to say "play a D half-diminished chord" than "okay, put your index finger on the fifth fret of the A string, then your middle finger on the sixth fret of the D string, then bar your index across the fifth fret of the G string..." etc. etc. It's allowed me to play comfortably within multiple musical idioms without even having rehearsed with the musicians I'm jamming with beforehand.

Btw I am in a band and I've been playing in bands for the last 12 years. The experience of writing for and with a band, as well as live performance, is definitely a lot of fun but I don't bring in technical or weird harmonic ideas just for the sake of doing it (not that there's anything inherently wrong with that).
>>
>>71376034
>>71376048

Says the lonely arpeggiator.
>>
>>71376003
Forget it if you live in Europe.

A model session T bass that nominally costs around $700 would cost me over 1k€ to import.
(germany)
>>
>>71376080
Btw the reason I took the time to write this all out is because I feel it is important to address this sort of "theory/technical phobia" that seems rather pervasive among guitar players. Like, everyone's experience with music is different and thus will generate different approaches to the creative process. What matters is that your process allows you to create the music you want to create. Don't let anyone make you feel like less of a musician or guitarist just because you do or don't do "x" as you develop as a musician. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is one of my favorite musicians of all time and he doesn't talk about music theory all that much; when he does, he describes his knowledge as pretty limited. That being said, I've never heard anyone since Hendrix get so much use out of simple blues scale patterns and make them sound unique and fun every time. Make the best of the tools you have, n'amsayin'?
>>
Was this a good purchase, /gg/? It's not for anything professional, and it's my first 7. My other guitar is >>71375052
>>
>>71376080
what are some good stretches for your hands before and after playing that long?
>>
File: DV016_Jpg_Large_1366044065035_A.jpg (20KB, 700x306px) Image search: [Google]
DV016_Jpg_Large_1366044065035_A.jpg
20KB, 700x306px
>>71376187
Forgot the pic.
>>
File: Image023_23A.jpg (1MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Image023_23A.jpg
1MB, 1024x1536px
>>71374048
so is this more or less gaudy than PRS?
>>
>>71376080
Good post and I stand corrected. Learning how to do something for the sake of doing is what makes art rewarding. I grew up with too many "next Yngwie" types that used guitar as a way to elevate themselves as well as denigrate others who can't do the specific thing they're trying to do. That's how I took your post...lots of technical language without background, as if we were all supposed to know what you're talking about (and if not, we should quit playing). Obviously I was wrong and I stand down.

Good luck, and sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
File: fireball.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
fireball.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>71376220
Just by removing the Soaring Eagle inlays a PRS loses half its gaudyness. It loses the other half when you take the PRS off of the headstock.
>>
File: 1474692464672.jpg (103KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1474692464672.jpg
103KB, 720x715px
>>71376220
> that body
>>
>>71376178
>>71376223

Also I agree with everything you said here. My purpose wasn't to beat you down, it was to beat down the notion of elitism that is pervasive in guitarists of my generation. My point was very much misplaced as it seems you and I have much the same opinion.
>>
apart from pedals, and other queer gear, do you guys mod your guitars?
i'm thinking about starting up soldering again, i have a beater guitar that i plan to use as my project guitar for all possible mods and possibilities. first things first, i want to try the vintage wiring method on my strat
>>
>>71376206
Haha, I don't know, I don't really think about it. If I feel any sort of cramping I'll either splay my fingers out or shake it out of my wrists a bit. I have a REALLY light touch on the guitar though, so I'm probably not straining myself as much? I dunno, maybe one day I'll end up wearing wrist braces like Petrucci. If you feel yourself needing to stretch your fingers a lot, maybe check if you're adding any undue tension to your playing and try to loosen up a bit, especially if you're practicing.
>>
I need exercises anons. Where do you guys go to get little things to help with practice?
>>
>>71376284
exercise? for what?

just play the damn thing until it stops hurting you little pussy bitch
>>
>>71376270
Aight dude, we cool. What kind of music does your band play?

>>71376284
I listen to other guitarists lol. In all seriousness though, pretty sure MAB has a few YT videos on warm-up/practice exercises.
>>
>>71376260
is that a good teletubbyman with a shotgun or a bad teletubbyman with a shotgun?

>>71376248
groovy.
>>
this thread is full of so much gay.
its just a stupid piece of wood.
>>
File: immortal keaneu.jpg (179KB, 742x600px) Image search: [Google]
immortal keaneu.jpg
179KB, 742x600px
>>71376312
>just play the damn thing until it stops hurting you little pussy bitch
Who said it was hurting? I'm glad to hear that your skills are on par for the course but not all of us are little Yngwies.
>>
>>71376159
Stateside. GG ez
>>
>>71376314
My 2 1/2 year old daughter plays drums like Mr Bungle, so...acid doom jazzmetal? Don't really have time to play anything more than what I have known for a while because of kids (thus the original post about wanting more practice time). Past bands have done chickrock, ska, progrock, metal, etc.

>>71376326
You're a stupid piece of wood.
>>
>>71376036
Here's my rig and main guitar.
>>
>>71376430
Ah, nice. I'm in a prog rock band right now. My first ever band was an electric blues thing and then a little later I was in a death metal group right before I started college. The Mars Volta's "Frances the Mute" album got me really into prog and the move to a major city for university sparked my interest in jazz since I was surrounded by it (also I got my ass kicked the first time I was invited to jam with some of the music school students).
>>
>>71376446
>>71376036
What year/model is that? I've got a 20010/11 Fender Mexistrat Special run that has that same finish, but a white pickguard. Never seen that finish before other than the FSR version I'm playing.
>>
>>71376489
Yeah, it's a MIM Strat in "blaze gold", which I think is the only finish Fender kept producing from their MIM Specials after the run was discontinued. I got mine a little over a year ago.
>>
>>71376187
>>71376209
A-anyone?
>>
>>71376521
Hrm. Mine was sold as "Sunfire Orange Flake". But I'm sure it's the same finish. I Like it is all I'm sayin.
>>
>>71376549
why do you care what losers here think, its not like we have to play it everyday
>>
>>71376559
Ah, I found what you're talking about. I think the finish on yours might be a bit darker than mine but it looks killer.
>>
>>71376478
Grew up on blues...Fred McDowell, John Hurt, Willie Dixon. Some older ones like Blind Boy Fuller and Ledbelly. I'd be interested in what you guys played.
>>
Hey guys just wondering what useless piece of gear i should waste my money on this month. I'm a really shitty player and compensate by obsessing over pedals and shitty old man guitars.
>>
>>71376350
Most exercises are for plebs. Just learn challenging songs and play along with the recording. its the best way to practice, far more efficient and much more fun.
>>
File: 454545.png (692KB, 387x827px) Image search: [Google]
454545.png
692KB, 387x827px
>>71376585
I got it 100% because it was a "burnt orange" fat strat.
>>
File: jzqjh44tuybh9fy66j7v.jpg (120KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
jzqjh44tuybh9fy66j7v.jpg
120KB, 620x620px
>>71376640
Phaser with tap-tempo
>>
>>71376640
just buy an axe fx
>>
>>71376640
I hear that Adam and Eve has a great new line of flavored dildos. Your mom wouldn't stop vaving. Until...
>>
>>71376602
I remember the first time I heard a Son House record, the rhythmic playing and slide work totally fried me. I also picked up on a lot from listening to Hendrix and Clapton but I didn't really delve into Hendrix again until a few years ago.

The band I'm with right now was a bit more metal-oriented prog when I joined (not like, Dream Theater, more Cohered and Cambria with some Dillinger Escape Plan thrown in there). We also do a couple post-hardcore covers by bands like At the Drive-In and Fall of Troy. I've been moving the band in a bit more of a psychedelic prog rock direction, with some space for free improvisation and noisy, effects-heavy shit. I also learned how to play keys well enough to actually write piano parts for the songs, just to have that extra musical dimension. I would love to find a rotating group of horn players and percussionists to join us on stage for some of our songs but that's probably a ways off at the moment. I'll post a link to something if you're interested.
>>
>>71376684
Interested. Not coordinated enough to put it to proper use, but interested. I've Phaser 90 from MXR that does as much as I can do with a phaser...
>>
>>71376640
electroharmonix pitchfork
>>
>>71376809
Very much interested...
>>
>>71376678
It's beautiful, senpai. Strats are the best. I love mine and I rarely find guitars that I enjoy playing as much.
>>
>>71376809
>>71376868
My musical wet dream is a rotating group of "all stars" that can all play several instruments. And rotate through some songs in different roles. This song I'm playing guitar, next song I'm doing synth, the one after that I'm on drums etc. Did something like it in high school but not since then.
>>
>people say they love strats
>but they hate duo sonics

wew
>>
File: u.png (23KB, 350x116px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
23KB, 350x116px
>>71376933
>>71376933
>people don't like this hardtail 24" two pickup guitar, when they like this totally different one instead? WTF!
>>
Is this the best option for thrash/death and the occasional Satriani/blues? It'd be for this guitar >>71375052
>>
File: 073521[1].jpg (782KB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
073521[1].jpg
782KB, 1200x835px
>>71376933
But what about a G&L S2?
>>
>>71376973
>better shape
>better design
>better components
>better build quality

Fender is garbage compared to G&L, and I hope /gg/ keeps buying into the Fender meme so I can keep on getting G&L guitars for cheap
>>
>brag on /gg/ about doing some weird sweep at 250bpm
>cant play this
https://clyp.it/eajrpegw
>>
>>71376987
>>better build quality

hate to break it to you but its hard to fuck up bolting a neck onto a guitar body, all the rest of your caveats are just pointless crap. its easy to change a pot or solder on a pickup.

>Fender is garbage compared to G&L
You havent played either though.
>>
>>71376922
I put something out on a musicians networking site asking for people to help me with a similar project but nothing ever manifested. I feel ya on that vision though, I was inspired by bands like The Mars Volta, Zappa, and Miles Davis' studio crew on "Bitches Brew". I was doing a jazz gig at this bar in my city and after the jam was over one of the other guitar players invited me back to his place because he had a full drum kit, bass, keyboard, and amps in his basement. So we went back there, met up with a couple other musicians and started jamming on some standards, and as the jam went on we all just started switching instruments for each new tune. Also, the basement just started filling up with people getting drunk and dancing to the music and it turned out that a house party was in full swing upstairs. One of the best nights of my life. A couple months later I had a similar experience at a local bar: I started on guitar, then moved to keys, then drums, then bass throughout the course of the evening playing a mix of pop tunes, blues, and jazz as a group of 60 people filled in to listen and dance and then a couple horn players showed up so we started doing like funk songs and shit. Ugh. I just want to live those experiences over and over.
>>
>>71376809
Son House is good at making you feel good. Skip James is good at making you feel good that you're not him. Hard Tim Killin Floor is as angry as falsetto can get
>>
>>71377016
weak shill

if you honestly think that there aren't examples of better joinery you're a fucking mong who hasn't played either, and got completely bamboozled. They don't make their necks on one side of the factory and the bodies on the other, each neck on G&L USA gits are fit to a specific body, and they do it well.

You're probably some preteen trog that hasn't played a single good setup guitar, and doesn't know how to set one up, so it's not like it matters
>>
>>71377039
What a fanfic took some minutes to write it didnt it
>>
File: 1468339062424.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
1468339062424.png
814KB, 604x717px
>>71377039
>>
>>71376973
>>71376987.

Own a couple of each and I have to say the G&L's, especially early/mid 90s are special.
>>
>>71377039
imagine actually typing this pretentious bullshit on a Mongolian gardening website
>>
>>71376868
Aight, here's a live studio version of one of our songs (which I really enjoy playing, although it was written before I joined). We have a few other live videos and recordings on our YT channel so there's more to check out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOStCSxQhI
>>
Should I learn to play the guitar?
>>
>>71377113
I caught a transparent blue L2000 on craiglist a while ago and I haven't been able to put it down
>>
>>71377039

Im this guey...>>71376602

This is why you didn't succeed on your musician networking site...People on the internet are dicks. Sorry, wish the news were better.
>>
>>71377144
read this thread. Answer is no. But dubs trumps, so, yeah. I guess.
>>
>>71376958
Check out the nazgul as well it maintains detail pretty well under distortion. The Black Winters are nice as well they have kind of a death and black metal sound. SD pick ups are pretty popular and for good reason, you should be able to find a lot of videos on their guitar pick ups on youtube to get a good idea of what they sound like.
>>
>>71377144
If you want to.
>>
>>71377169
Nah, it's cool. You need to have a sense of humor about yourself if you're going to put yourself out there. I'm unapologetically obsessed with music and performing and writing and teaching and whatnot and being so involved has been a great creative, personal, and social experience so I hope I'm doing something right. I love you all anyway.
>>
>>71377075
Didn't read you post, but its probably more whining about quality of wood and where the guitar is physically assembled or the nationality of the person assembling it, all of which is meaningless.

The end result is still just a piece of wood with tiny bits of wire stretched across it.
>>
>>71377224
It's late hours and you're posting on 4chan about guitar playing. you aint no eric fucking clapton. So fuck off.
>>
>>71377130 You made me stop Skip James for your dumb video, so it better be good.

Okay fine. That's pretty good.
>>
>>71377251
Clapton is god, dude, I wouldn't even try.

>>71377265
That's very sweet of you, thanks for watching.
>>
>>71377225
i get it, it's hard to grab the attention of a preteen trog, no worries

go back to listening to Car Seat Headrest and playing your Squier my dude! Word up hehe!
>>
>>71377287
>Clapton is god, dude

It just keeps getting worse
>>
File: 1423523.png (138KB, 336x326px) Image search: [Google]
1423523.png
138KB, 336x326px
>>71377287
>clapton is god, dude
>>
>>71376958
Hey dude, I have a guitar with the SH-6 in the bridge and I love it. I've used it for everything from death metal fusion and even some recording work. It's a great pickup, and very versatile.
>>
>>71377311
>starts playing djent
>>
>>71377354
i know this is a big shock and all but there are people here who like real guitar players that aren't

1.some boring old shit who never could play as good as his contemps

2.some 50 notes per second shredwank garbage

there's plenty of them, guitar is incredibly popular
>>
>>71377287
Don't want to bother you anymore, but what Ibanez is that (I assume that the Ibanez guy is you?). I've a few of them but don't recognize the model. RG series? I checked out in the late 90's
>>
>>71377380
>guys djent is music a promise
or let me guess, you play with "soul"
>>
>>71377444
djent is shit (heh rhyme)

do i personally play with soul? not always, i get paid to play bass around where I live so a gig is a gig sometimes

like I said, go listen to a real guitar player sometimes, it's good stuff
>>
>>71377442
I'm not the Ibanez guy, different poster.
>>
>>71377454
>djent has real guitars, I swear
ok then
>>
File: 32112121.png (1MB, 670x802px) Image search: [Google]
32112121.png
1MB, 670x802px
Here's some of my rig ATM. Ibanez and Gibson dominate the scene.
>>
>>71377610
yo that PEAVEY though

nice
>>
>>71377610
That's tasty, dude.
>>
>>71377617

Thanks. Tuned to C standard. They're so versitile, though. In high school I tuned one to F# (high) standard. Great to know that someone still appreciates them
>>
https://soundcloud.com/remainindoors_01/delusion-theory

Dingwall Ng-2 best bass ever
>>
>>71377610
How often do you go through and replace the strings on your guitars?
>>
>>71377610
its pretty sad that with all your money the only validation you get is from gaylords on 4chan
>>
>>71377889
t. squier player
>>
>>71377898
I don't even play guitar or own one. It just struck me as really sad and pathetic that someone with that kind of a useless collection of expensive instruments has been reduced to bragging about it here of all places. I feel sorry for the guy.
>>
>>71377251
>complaining about guitar talk in a guitar thread

do you also throw an autistic rage fit when you see people pissing in public bathrooms?
>>
>>71377922
I don't think he's bragging... Pics of gear were requested, he posted his gear.
>>
File: 1452120738127.png (163KB, 432x455px) Image search: [Google]
1452120738127.png
163KB, 432x455px
>>71377922
>i dont even own or play guitar
>i just, as a person who has no interest or stake in guitars or guitar playing, browsing /mu/ guitar boards, think it's sad and pathetic

aside from your hilarious projecting (much more sad btw), someone asked for pics
>>
File: ingyy.png (2MB, 2000x2197px) Image search: [Google]
ingyy.png
2MB, 2000x2197px
>>71377000
It's okay to be bad, anon. Not everyone can play string-skipping extended arpeggios across multiple octaves at 250 bpm. You can even cry if you want to. No judgement here

https://clyp.it/fiezqacy
>>
>trying to learn chords off a video
>camera zooms in on musicians face and leaving the guitar out of frame
ree

this is the video btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qpcu7rDHAo
>>
>>71377144
If you want to be cool
>>
File: gmagik (2).gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gmagik (2).gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>71377225
>the quality of the wood and components is meaningless
>>
recommend me music similar to King Tuff or Ty Segall but louder and faster. please. if you know the answer please share it.
>>
>>71377287
>clapton is god dude
>>
File: preview.jpg (111KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
111KB, 1200x1200px
>>71373836
I'm getting pic related and a dimarzio tonezone humbucker for the bridge.
>>
>>71379448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9IZyx_-Os
>>
File: 1336132563459.jpg (57KB, 525x385px) Image search: [Google]
1336132563459.jpg
57KB, 525x385px
>>71379483
>>
File: h.jpg (31KB, 899x137px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
31KB, 899x137px
>>71379499
wtf i love clapton now
>>
So what amps are you guys running currently /gg/? Looking to upgrade from my cube 30, preferably a tube amp cause toobs. Don't know if I should be looking at low or high watt amps though as there is a lot of conflicting information about how each performs at varying volume levels. Ideally looking for something that can be used for bedroom practice but will also be able to keep up with a drummer reasonably comfortably. Penny for your thoughts?
>>
>>71374984
Close to none. I just fuck around doing whatever when I feel like it, rarely do I actually try to learn something. That may not make me a good (or even decent) guitarist, but the last time I tried actually learning the instrument, I quit and didn't touch it for a year.
>>
>>71379545
teach me how to be just like you
>>
>>71379563
Well, it's really just a matter of a single principle, which is that you should never force yourself into doing something, because as soon as you're forcing it, it stops being fun. And I want guitar to be fun. Sure, that means there may be times when I don't pick up my guitar for a week or two, and my technique is very, very limited, but at least I'm enjoying myself when I do play something, and for me that's the main reason of doing it in the first place.
>>
>>71379596
I bet your farts smell like fresh-baked cinnamon buns
>>
Recently I started noticing a sort of twangy sound coming from one of my strings when I play with the amp off. It's not very loud, but noticeable and annoying as fuck. I've got no clue what could be causing it. Any ideas?
>>
>>71379628
no
>>
>>71379615
Nah, they're the usual sulfur goodness. I don't even like cinnamon.
>>
I have $250 to spend on a reverb pedal from guitar center (gift card and the only thing I even need to add to my rig these days is a proper reverb, anything better than the shit tank built into the amp). What should I cop?
>>
>>71373836
syam's a nigger
>>
>>71379524
High watt amps sound good cranked, you're not doing that in a bedroom. 1 watt is more than sufficient, look for amps with pentode/triode switches like a Marshall DSL15, that can take it under 5W. It will still be plenty loud with the triode off.
>>
File: big_AvalancheNewWebsite.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
big_AvalancheNewWebsite.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>71379688
>>
>>71379707
He's right you know. There should be more 1 Watt tube amps on the market.
>>
>>71379707
Thanks for the input, I hadn't really considered the DSL15 before, it seems like it or something similar to it could be a good shout.

It's a tricky one though cause some higher wattage amps can actually do a good low volume tone, or maybe a better way of saying it would be that quite a few low watt amps sound pretty meh until you crank them, which kinda defeats the point as like you said even 1 watt can be bloody loud
>>
>>71379717
meme brand
>>
>>71379834
I wouldn't buy anything else from EQD but that's a great pedal. Try it before you shit on it.
>>
File: MARSHA0464_DSL1C_10811.jpg (281KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
MARSHA0464_DSL1C_10811.jpg
281KB, 960x960px
>>71379777
Someone locally was selling a DSL1C at a fire sale price and like a fool I didn't buy it, I'm still kicking myself.
>>
File: IMAG0156.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0156.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>tfw my Tele has sat in a case in the cupboard unplayed for over a year
I should probably just sell it shouldn't I
>>
>>71373836
Sup guys, how are you guys doing?
I got two questions:
1) What do you guys think is the best way for me to market myself if I do guitar repairs/mods?
2) How do you guys motivate yourselves to play more?
>>
>>71379938
I want a natural Tele so bad, can't buy them right now, only a variety of shit colours....
>>
>>71379942
>How do you guys motivate yourselves to play more
Literally just pick up the guitar and play, don't think about it, just do it
>>
What's wrong with PRS? Or Dean?
>>
>>71379895
You can buy a used DSL40C for the same price you'd buy a new DSL15. I have one, if you're going to get a marshall, get at least an amp with a 10" speaker. There's no point in owning one if you're not going to go for that fatty low end sound.
>>
>>71379949
Don't the new American Pro series come in natural? Failing that, a second hand AM Strandard shouldn't be too expensive with the new lineup out
>>
>>71379955
>PRS
Good guitars, not to everyone's taste though. I find they emphasise the appearance too much, and they feel strange to play. Can't really describe it, I just didn't really like the ones I played. Also Paulposting
>Dean
Meme guitars
>>
>>71379942
>1) What do you guys think is the best way for me to market myself if I do guitar repairs/mods?
I built pedal clones for some time, made good money with it. The easiest way was to ask my teacher at the time and some of his students if they were interested, and most importantly, showing them working clones I had already built. Word of mouth is your best friend in these cases (if you're doing a good job that is). What repairs or mods have you done already? Document it and show it off, ask around if someone needs something done.
>2) How do you guys motivate yourselves to play more?
It sounds silly, but when you're at home (after work or college or if you're just free) turn on your amp and plug in your guitar so you can literally just pick it up and play for 5 minutes whenever you feel like it. This tiny barrier of having to plug it in and turning on your amp will be gone and you'll play a lot more.
>>
>>71379961
Yeah I just looked at the dsl15 and it doesn't have an fx loop which is a big negative for me. I don't run a huge amount of effects but I need the loop to be there.
>>
>>71379955
They are both equally ugly and that's the only legitimate problem either of them have from a practical standpoint.
>>
>>71379971
>Don't the new American Pro series come in natural?
I don't have the cash for that, I just wand a mexican standard or HH Tele.
>Failing that, a second hand AM Strandard shouldn't be too expensive with the new lineup out
I live in a really small country where the used market is dead as fuck. There are literally 3 Teles on our biggest classified platform right now, none of them are natural.
>>
File: usavcftbz[1].png (156KB, 2000x769px) Image search: [Google]
usavcftbz[1].png
156KB, 2000x769px
>>71380008
>This
>Ugly
>>
>>71380021
>only respectable looking guitar is a Gibson ripoff
>>
>>71380021
that guitar is a UFO
>>
>>71380021
Headstock is ming, theres a couple of the Megadave ones that are pretty sweet looking though
>>
When did /gg/ get overrun by children who play ibanez and jacksons?
>>
>>71380072
>Ibanez and Jackson are bad
Playing my RG6003FM right now and it's perfectly fine for a $400 guitar.
>>
>>71380086
>Ibanez and Jackson are bad
Well that's your words, not mine, but I completely agree.
>Perfectly fine for a §400 dollar guitar
You know you can buy a used Fender for that price right, or atleast something worth spending money on?
>>
>>71380072
>Gibson / Fender
HURRR DADROCK GTFO
>Ibanez / Jackson
HURRR CHILDREN GTFO
>>
>>71380112
Fender's don't have 24 frets
>>
>>71380072
Black Metal is popular on the internet and dominates a large majority of the community's guitar players now.
>>
File: ibenis.jpg (136KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ibenis.jpg
136KB, 866x1300px
<--- Ibanez and Jackson target audience
>>
File: MyGear.png (3MB, 1920x1930px) Image search: [Google]
MyGear.png
3MB, 1920x1930px
>>
I had a revelation in my bass playing, I've been learning arpeggios for bass and its really made a difference to my playing than trying to play bass via scales.

Are arpeggios the secret to good bass playing?
>>
>>71380072
>why isn't everyone else retarded in the exact same way that I am retarded?

You sound like one of those assholes who cries himself to sleep yet wonders why no one will be his friend
>>
anyone have any experience with jet city amps? seem like a good budget option for a valve amp, especially for higher gain tones, anyone got one?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>71380220
the ugliest logo and color known to man
>>
File: angry.jpg (22KB, 309x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
22KB, 309x236px
>>71380211
>>
>>71380237
They discontinued that.
>>
>>71380237
Oh yeah no doubt they were/are ugly as shit, they've changed the logo now and either have a plain black baffle or a grill, which instantly make them look less horrid. Who thought it was a good idea to make something that ugly I'll never know
>>
>>71380237
>>71380304
Are guitarists the most image-obsessed, shallow musicians on the planet?
>>
>>71380313
Probably, you're absolutely right that what an amp or a guitar etc. looks like is completely irrelevant, but hey at the same times there's nothing wrong in having gear that looks cool, as long as you don't buy it only because it looks cool, that shit is dumb.
>>
guys how can I get djent tone in guitar rig?
>>
>>71380171
>darkthrone

is that joke?
>>
File: guitar-toilet-seat-cover.jpg (41KB, 616x513px) Image search: [Google]
guitar-toilet-seat-cover.jpg
41KB, 616x513px
>>71380171
>>
>>71380112
In a lot ways Fender was smart buying Jackson and Gretch. Look at that market share.
>>
>>71378121
wow thats impressive
>>
am i banned?
>>
>>71380919
yes
>>
Does this sound like lacking high end guys? http://55chan.org/mu/src/1488619179733.mp3
>>
Guys, how do you write and record good songs that people want to listen to?
>>
>>71381064
this way >>71380964
>>
>>71381064

Be a woman. Have big tits and ass.
>>
>>71374341
Parts of it are good.
>>
>>71376080
I play D half diminished with my index on fret 5 A string, ring on fret 6 D string, middle on fret 5 G string, and pinky on fret 6 B string.
>>
File: Tom Scholz EQ Settings Maybe.jpg (20KB, 196x299px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Scholz EQ Settings Maybe.jpg
20KB, 196x299px
>>71376036
>>
File: My-Djent-Stick.jpg (378KB, 3264x992px) Image search: [Google]
My-Djent-Stick.jpg
378KB, 3264x992px
>>71380072
Why do you care what other people play? Would you be happy if everyone was like you?

Fucking guitarists man. The guitar is just a tool. Who gives a shit. That's like caring what brand of wrench your plumber uses.
>>
>>71380112
Show me the fender guitar that can play death metal, i'll wait .
>>
>>71380313
Yes. Maybe there is a forum somewhere where people post pictures of there clarinets.
>>
File: tele hh.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
tele hh.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
>>71381713
This or the silly Jim Root edition. You can also buy a stratocaster HH
>>
>>71376284
https://youtu.be/HmnprAZ3XSI
>>
>>71381713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKr59Ey4LNg
>>
>>71381739
>World's brightest most tinny country twang humbuckers
>death metal

no

>Slipknot sig model
>Death Metal
absolutely not
>>
>>71381713
>Fenders with humbuckers don't exist
>>
File: waza_amp_head_front_gal.jpg (173KB, 1680x724px) Image search: [Google]
waza_amp_head_front_gal.jpg
173KB, 1680x724px
>>71381713
Please explain what exactly is preventing you from playing "death metal" on a stratocaster?

Is it illegal to do so or something? Don't give me that single coil bullshit. Plug a strat into a 6505+ or whatever metal amp is en vogue now and it'll do fine. Like 90% of your "tone" is your amp and cab faggot.
>>
>>71381766
Metal-core isn't death metal.
>>
>>71381713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7MNJdJhC5s
>>
>>71381808
It's still in a down-tuning, and death metal has been played all the way up to standard E.
>>
>>71381799
Yeah, if anything just put a noise gate
>>
>>71381799
>Pickups always too bright
>Necks always some awful blues dad shape
>pickups suck at picking up fast trem picking
>muddy
>tuners can't handle hard picking
>>
Feedback on this bass & mixing pls https://clyp.it/eajrpegw
>>
What is the best audio interface I can get for around $1,000 to $2,000
>>
>>71381850

Single coil strats are great for that tremolo picking. Especially if you're in E standard. It's got that bright, nasal quality about it.

Just throw a noise gate before a distortion and you're fine.
>>
File: 1472363900789.png (2MB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1472363900789.png
2MB, 1600x1066px
>>71381850
Literally bullshit you're regurgitating that you heard on the internet. This is coming from an Ibanez fanboy.

Guitarist culture is so full of pseudo knowledge, feelings, and magic it's disgusting. If you seriously can't play "metal" on a fender strat, you mind as well kill yourself.
>>
File: Scarlet2i4G2-large.jpg (53KB, 750x251px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet2i4G2-large.jpg
53KB, 750x251px
>>71381880
I doubt anyone in this thread has any experience with interfaces more than $300 anon.
>>
>>71381959
do you know how reliable the drivers are for this unit? Thanks
>>
File: Gorgoroth_07[1].jpg (61KB, 799x525px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgoroth_07[1].jpg
61KB, 799x525px
>>71381850
>Im-fucking-plying
>>
>>71381974
Everyone that I've known has had initial issues with getting the drivers to work properly for some reason. But once you do, it's gravy. Maybe the newer ones don't have this issue?
>>
File: yngwie-malmsteen.jpg (58KB, 900x442px) Image search: [Google]
yngwie-malmsteen.jpg
58KB, 900x442px
>>71381713
>>
File: 20160405_121205sm.jpg (828KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160405_121205sm.jpg
828KB, 2448x3264px
>>71381850
>too bright
>muddy
>tuners can't handle hard picking
>Necks always some awful blues dad shape

You're full of shit.
>>
>>71382054
Yngwie has big hands?
>>
File: xlarge.png?1418070131.png (256KB, 1200x528px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge.png?1418070131.png
256KB, 1200x528px
what does /gg/ think of snakebytes?
>>
File: FENDER-Performer.jpg (81KB, 1200x446px) Image search: [Google]
FENDER-Performer.jpg
81KB, 1200x446px
>>71382059
When will guitarists learn anon? Why do they think certain guitars can literally only play certain genres?

Just can't get that deathcore sound with an alder body, gotta be mahagony.
>>
>>71382138
>When will guitarists learn anon?

It's never going to happen. Guitarists like being stupid.
>>
>>71376987
Indeed. I play fender and G&L basses and Fender's are inferior in quality. If I had the money for the PJ and J G&L basses I'd sell my fenders.
>>
>>71381860
Jesus that sounds like its clipping turn your gain down
>>
>>71382138
want
>>71382122
I almost got them years back, thank fucking god I bitched out.
>>
>>71382362
which element is clipping?
>>
>>71382380
Why is that, Brandon?
>>
thinking of dropping €1150 and probably a shitload of shipping on an super lead 69 head
http://www.ceriatone.com/british-style-plexi100-super-lead/
>>
>>71382475
Thats a dream amp
If i did that would get the 1959 superlead though cause i prefer them tasty crunchy early/mid 70s tone
>>
>>71382601
I'm looking for that late hendrix tone: fillmore, woodstock, berkeley. still not sure whether a 67, 68 or 69 would be the correct choice though
>>
>>71382653
59 dude
69 is van halen's
>>
>>71382438
because they'd look stupid on me and I'm happy I never got any peircings or tattoos
>>
My capo doesn't work properly on my g string.
All the other strings ring out nicely but the G string just sounds dead (not twangy like when the capo is on wrong, just dead)

Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>>71382739
learn to do barre chords, throw your capo in the trash
>>
>>71382138
>deathcore

found the 12 year old
>>
>>71382751
I dont have 6 fingers though
>>
>>71382739
lower the nut slot of the string?
>>
>>71382739
i have the same problem
Is your capo a bit arched like it was made for a small radius neck?
>>
>>71382773
You realize he was being sarcastic right?
>>
>>71382793
Im inexperienced with guitar so physical mods are a bit of a last resort. Maybe I can do a make-shift capo like those rubber pencil ones

>>71382827
yeah it is, its not very pronounced but it is. Do you think that the padding isn't pushing on the string hard enough?
>>
>>71382895
yeah thats what i think your neck has a flatter radius and the G string sits farer to the capo
>>
>>71382950
I'll try adding something to it that can extend the padding, maybe some clingfilm or something
>>
>>71382973
cool report the result here
>>
Whats your favorite pick size for electric guitar
>>
>>71382993
It didnt work. I'll be on the look out for a different capo in the future.
>>
>>71379991
I've switched pickups, done parallel wiring, shielded, coil tapped, changed tone circuits, done setups, that sort of thing.
Word of mouth is how I land everything I've had so far, and that isn't too bad.
I would like to make a decent amount of money with this as I am without a job currently.
>>
>>71373836
Are there any guitar practice amps worth buying? As in, good tone at a low volume? And at what pricepoint?
If I'd have to spend more than 200 dollars for something like that I'd probably just use my bass rig for guitar as well or just play via headphones.
>>
What guitar would you pick for 600$?
>>
any bossanova recs? my fav style to play atm..
trying to learn this:
https://studiosol-a.akamaihd.net/gcs/cifraclub/contrib/partituras/baden-powell-canto-de-ossanha.pdf?query_string
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hstxID1kAs
>>
>>71383254
This is not bossa but its all the same latin bullshit https://clyp.it/dbpogo01

Also go learn samba. Bossa is for snobs
>>
>>71380171
Are you one of those black metal purists who hate Deafheaven for no reason
>>
>>71383122
i carve my own picks out of plastic sour cream cups
>>
>>71383234
Vintage V100
>>
>>71379499
Based Eric "Get the fucking wogs out of Britain" Clapton
>>
What the fuck are arpeggios? I was under the impression it was just playing the notes of a chord one at a time, but I am now told that is not the case. Help me learn, I feel like a fool
>>
File: 1481768166534.png (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1481768166534.png
45KB, 657x527px
>walk into small local music store
>completely empty
>theres one old lady at the counter
>the guitar wall is nothing but deans
>dont have anything i want
>the cheapest ernies and daddarios that you can find online for $4 have been marked up to $10

theyre going to go out of business like this :(
>>
>>71383655
There's only one music store within 50 miles of my home and they only have strats, LP's, and Ibanez.
A set of elixirs is 19.99$
>>
>>71383644
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpeggio
An arpeggio would be the 1st, 3rd and 5th notes or 2nd, 4th and 6th notes of a given chord for example. They have to have a gap.
>>
File: 166042544.jpg (119KB, 391x594px) Image search: [Google]
166042544.jpg
119KB, 391x594px
Thoughts on full metal guitars
>>
>>71377130
You guys should practice to a metronome
>>
>>71383786
Unstable to temperatures
>>
>>71383786
issa metal is good
>>
>>71383920
lol
>>
Best baritone electric under a grand?
>>
File: Sun-Valley-1024x613.jpg (101KB, 1024x613px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Valley-1024x613.jpg
101KB, 1024x613px
>>71383234

Maybe one of these, but I'd probably just end up saving a bit more and getting a US or Japan made Charvel San Dimas. I've been wanting a super strat as of late.
>>
>>71383229

Yamaha THR10 series are great little amps. Tube like response in a little table top 10 watter. you can find them used for around $200.
>>
>>71383229
Boss Katana
>>
File: Chord and Arpeggio.png (60KB, 1040x455px) Image search: [Google]
Chord and Arpeggio.png
60KB, 1040x455px
>>71383644
>I was under the impression it was just playing the notes of a chord one at a time
That's what it is. They often have different fingerings than your basic chords so as to arrange the notes in order. Like an A Major barre chord at the fifth fret might have the notes in the order: A, E, A, C#, E, A. If you wanted to play an A Major arpeggio, though, you might rearrange the order of notes and the fingering to play in ascending sequence like A, C#, E, A, C# E, A, C#.
>>
File: dtv-stage.png (217KB, 1190x515px) Image search: [Google]
dtv-stage.png
217KB, 1190x515px
Are these guitars any good for a nice thick tone?
>>
File: KOZM_SB-3-R2(9)-2[1].jpg (1MB, 2848x4272px) Image search: [Google]
KOZM_SB-3-R2(9)-2[1].jpg
1MB, 2848x4272px
>>71384478
You want thick tone, you need a T H I C C guitar.
>>
Batio Livestream:

https://youtu.be/GOOLbotjFQk
>>
Anyone in here has had some experience with Promethean amps? I tried one a little tiny 10" one with 300 watts but it sounded shit.
>>
>>71384671
loveable goofball desu
>>
Is it just me or does it take a shit ton of effort to pick with jazz IIIs?
>>
>>71384729

I like the XL series Ultex. With a names like that you'd almost think they were rubbers.
>>
>>71374255
>>71374277
Woah. Checked.
>>
File: 1486788513244.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1486788513244.png
22KB, 300x188px
>>71384729
>>
>>71384263
That actually doesn't sound bad, what's the catch? Is it a meme amp?
>>
>>71385375
>Is it a meme amp?

what does that even mean
>>
>>71385414
Is it an amp that you would recommend to someone on 4chan to trick them into buying it even though it has some major downsides that people don't talk about?
>>
>>71385451
amps guitars and effects mean shit compared to the ability of the player
when will you idiots realize this
>>
>>71384478
Godin is better. Much, much better than that overpriced made in Korea garbage
>>
>>71385463
>there are no bad products
are you literally retarded?
>>
>>71385483
>the geographical location of a guitar's assembly is important
>>
>>71385507
Do you honestly think Roland would release a "bad" product
>>
>>71385530
I don't know, there are some BOSS pedals that I'd say are pretty crappy. It wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>71385530
with secret "major downsides" btw
>>
>>71385511
Of course it is. North Americans make much better guitars than Asians
>>
File: 1487453628112.jpg (323KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1487453628112.jpg
323KB, 1024x682px
>>71385570
of course
>>
File: 1483714582040.jpg (83KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
1483714582040.jpg
83KB, 1024x548px
>>71385570
yeah, like gibson
>>
File: gibson-factory-970-80.jpg (588KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
gibson-factory-970-80.jpg
588KB, 850x638px
>>71385570
Yes those mexicans and blacks are known worldwide for their remarkable craftsmanship
>>
File: chinese garbage.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chinese garbage.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>71385593
>>
File: brian monty.jpg (236KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
brian monty.jpg
236KB, 960x540px
Meanwhile, in Canada...
>>
>>71385655
and your point is?
>>
File: Edge-NT-TB-Maple-2-1-1030x832.jpg (82KB, 1030x832px) Image search: [Google]
Edge-NT-TB-Maple-2-1-1030x832.jpg
82KB, 1030x832px
>>71380116
It's as if there's a middle ground that's not infested with dadrock gibson/fender players or ibanez/jackson manchildren
>>
>>71383780
You idiot that wikipedia article is talking about the intervals of the scale the chord is based on not playing on the 1st 3rd or 5th note of the chord.
>>
>>71385530
>>71385552
Every company on earth would release a shitty product if it was profitable and they thought they could get away with it.
>>
>>71385745
I've really been digging those carved through the finish bevels lately. Got any more?
>>
>>71385745
>flame maple veneer

gross
>>
>>71385762
>Everyone is just as unethical as me!! r-right??
>>
File: Edge-NT-TB-Maple-1.png (332KB, 1000x375px) Image search: [Google]
Edge-NT-TB-Maple-1.png
332KB, 1000x375px
>>71385777
http://www.jerichoguitars.com/edge/
>>
>>71385802
Thanks anon. Know of any other models or makers that do it?
>>
File: gibshit.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gibshit.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
>>71385762
Sure
>>
>>71385786
Oh you sweet naive child. Hold on to that innocence, it'll be gone before you know it.
>>
>>71385822
No clue, but I just googled "guitar finish bevels" and there are some pretty good results
>>
>>71385854
That's a really nice one. Blue guitars are my favorite.
>>
>>71385802
>>71385854
Fucking Knagg's wannabee
>>
>>71385843
>Everyone is just as old and jaded as me!! r-right??
>>
File: 1487628091251.gif (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487628091251.gif
17KB, 500x500px
>>71385593
>>71385630
>>71385655
>>71385686
>if you ain't white you ain't right
>>
>>71385973
>literally admitting that he is a clueless kid
>>
fairly newbie here, is there a good way to avoid pick noise on high distortion
(guitar has active pick ups)
>>
>>71386030
Replace your pickups with passive ones and don't repeat the mistake of getting active pickups
>>
File: clouds.png (314KB, 2000x702px) Image search: [Google]
clouds.png
314KB, 2000x702px
>>
File: Block Chords Middle Four.png (128KB, 1878x1609px) Image search: [Google]
Block Chords Middle Four.png
128KB, 1878x1609px
>>71385786
In a nuclear apocalypse, Roland's executives wouldn't give a damn about enslaving you and selling your boipucci for fuel.
>>
>>71386018
>heh nothing personal kid
>>
File: img_rgdix7mpb_sbb[1].png (435KB, 1200x360px) Image search: [Google]
img_rgdix7mpb_sbb[1].png
435KB, 1200x360px
>>71385822
Get a load of this beautiful meme machine.
>>
>>71386087
Well, active pick ups usually work good for metal, which is what I usually play, so I would rather not do that, thanks for advice though.
>>
>>71386162
Those are so nice
>>
>>71386162
Wow, save your shekels and get a Severn
>>
>>71386202
Main guitar I'm lusting after now is probably a Fibenare Erotic.
>>
File: Fender_Duo_Sonic_NEW_141_1.jpg (553KB, 1500x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Fender_Duo_Sonic_NEW_141_1.jpg
553KB, 1500x1103px
Main guitar I'm lusting after now is probably a Fender DuoSonic.
>>
do you guys ever have problems with your girlfriend using the upper and lower bouts on your guitar for masturbation purposes?
>>
>>71386349
yes. except instead of my gf its me.
>>
>>71386162
>>71386162
Looks great.
>>
>>71386349
>not fucking the jackhole
>>
How do you tell if your nut height is right? I'm getting some fret buzz on my guitar with a floyd and I'm trying to get rid of it by shimming the saddles but it's still there. Is it time to try and shim the nut? Is there a way for me to measure nut height?
>>
>>71386488
your truss rod probably needs adjusting brosef
>>
File: 1479351706241.jpg (21KB, 445x408px) Image search: [Google]
1479351706241.jpg
21KB, 445x408px
>>71386488
>>
>>71386512
I already checked. The truss rod is adjusted properly. I just don't know how to check the nut height.
>>
>>71386683
>>71386683
>>71386683
>>
anus
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.