[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we can all agree that if this album had better lyrics it'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 1454312334539.jpg (994KB, 1333x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1454312334539.jpg
994KB, 1333x1333px
So we can all agree that if this album had better lyrics it'd be the GOAT Kanye album right?

The beats are easily the best out of all his albums, but the lyrics just aren't up to par with the beats.
>>
>>71373309
>but the lyrics just aren't up to par with the beats.
that's every kanye album m8

it's still the best tho
>>
eh i can't really picture yeezus with any other kind of lyrics. they resonate with the music on a special level
>>
>>71373309

>better lyrics

>eatin asian pussy all i need is sweet and sour sauce

pick one
>>
>>71373309
I loved this first listen and since then I've liked it less each listen.
It doesn't even feel like an album, it feels like a compilation of half songs that don't go together.
>>
>>71373309
>The beats are easily the best out of all his albums

This is the best joke I heard all day. The beats are what need IMPROVEMENT my man. So many wasted samples...
>>
>>71374929
You're kidding, right? Which other album of his has better beats than Yeezus? And don't say MBDTF, because that's just plain wrong.
>>
The only track I like musically in the entire back half is Guilt Trip. Can't remember I'm In It to save my life, Blood On The Leaves turns into wasted potential once the horns kick in, Send It Up's airhorn beat is a goddamn joke (though I'll concede it's at least creative), and Bound 2 is like Kanye shitting on his own legacy with how he handled those samples - yeah, it's "abrasive" but so is On Sight and that did everything that Bound 2 does wrong oh, so very right.
>>
File: LR.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LR.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>71375051
I wasn't planning to.

With the possible exception of Hey Mama the beats on this album blow it out of the water.
>>
File: 1466017484302.gif (2MB, 381x242px) Image search: [Google]
1466017484302.gif
2MB, 381x242px
>>71375072
>>
>>71373309
Even though agree the lyrics are bad but at the same time they're funny as fuck and they never fail to make me laugh every time I listen to it so I can't complain really.
>>
>>71375101
...I...really don't see what you're trying to convey with this gif.

Clarify, my man.
>>
Its already his best album.
>>
File: original.jpg (55KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
55KB, 500x334px
>>71375143
Disgust.

Late Registration is objectively his third worst album, behind 808s and TCD. You could have at least chosen Graduation or something.
>>
>>71373309
Nah. Everything on this record's pretty weak. The production could've been so much more with just some tweaks here and there. Kanye's rapping as usual is subpar, like the shit lyrics are totally justifiable if he had the ability to flow and deliver. And of course, the weak ass Rick Rubin style brickwalling will always make his records sound like shit, and thus most of his stuff won't be really worth listening to until it's all remastered for a higher fidelity sound.
>>
>>71375183

>thinks Kanye's best 3 albums are his worst

Wow. I mean, I guess you can argue for 808s but TCD and LR? Seriously?
>>
>>71375183
Ok first off

>objectively
EASILY the easiest way to get me to not take you seriously.

Second off, how is CD his worst album, honestly?

Third,...ok to be fair at least you got 808s being in the bottom right.

Fourth, you're gonna honestly tell me these are ALLLLLLLLL """""Objectively"""" weak beats, or not better than the mediocrity on Yeezus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7cwVnPTyg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsbnK-SUjdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOffWJicJMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZumcE-sOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO7zmcrsrF0
>>
>>71373309
that albums pretty neat, but its just a minimal thing
>>
File: IDIOTS.png (320KB, 377x438px) Image search: [Google]
IDIOTS.png
320KB, 377x438px
>>71375072
>with the exception of hey mama
>>
>>71375183
Why are you getting this pissy about good albums by an artist you clearly like?
>>
>>71375229
>>71375280

Yes.
>>
>>71375280

>So instead of sending flowers, we the roses

Still my favorite moment of any Kanye record to this day. Sends chills down my spine.
>>
>>71375313
You can argue for lyrics on that song all you want but the beat was fucking trash, my man.

>>71375329
>Yes.
You gonna give details or....?
>>
>>71375344
fuck off the lalalalala is GENIUS
>>
>>71375329

This coming from someone who would put a mediocre pop album like Graduation over all 3 of them. Okay.
>>
>>71373309
bring back the mix pre-Rick Rubin, and maybe you'd be onto something.

Seriously, what the hell Rick, you made songs that sounded like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuhl6Ji5zHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZ-IYmYTtw

to sound like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q604eed4ad0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
>>
>>71375344
They're bland, weak, and predictable, what more can I say?

>>71375362
Out of the four, you're calling Graduation the pop album? Seriously?
>>
>>71375400
Yours are noisy, poorly made, and there are at least 4 samples on the album not used to their full potential. They're ok trap/dance beats at best.
>>
>>71375448
>there are at least 4 samples on the album not used to their full potential

Which ones are they?
>>
>>71375448
(Ok, 'noisy' was a really poor choice of wording on my end I'll admit that. I mean I'm just not a fan of the more abrasive style)
>>
>>71375400

Yes I am. Graduation was Kanye settling into his fame, shifting into a more generic electronic sound from his then still distinct soul sampling style. Songs like Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothing, Stronger and The Glory sound like pop tripe compared to most of the first 2 albums, and I'd only call a few of the songs like Good Morning, I Wonder, Everything I Am and Flashing Lights even particularly standout. Kudos on trying with Drunk and Hot Girls though, even if he ended up wrecking a Can sample in the process.
>>
>>71374666
thats racist as fuck though. thats like saying eating black pussy all i need is watermelon and fried chicken
>>
>>71375460
I miscounted, 3.

The 10 second sample of 'He'll give us what we need' in the middle of "On Sight" could have been made into a better beat.

The outro to New Slaves definitely could have gone on longer.

Same with the intro to I'm In It.

I was GONNA say Blood on the Leaves but that song has slightly grown on me.
>>
File: 1478825598965.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478825598965.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
the beats on this album are GOAT
>>
>>71375481
Grow some balls
>>
>>71375393
i remember this was before the album was out and i was actually excited like oh shit wtf is he going to do, but it turned out to just be like some sparse minimal unfinished thing with cool parts on it.
>>
>>71375484

>The 10 second sample of 'He'll give us what we need' in the middle of "On Sight" could have been made into a better beat.

I probably hate Yeezus more than you but I'm gonna disagree on that one, I think that's one of the very few brilliant moments on the record that actually hits home. The thing with On Sight is that it kicks the door down with energy, bravado, and the harshest thing on the ears you'll hear all record. It's insane and the rest of the album is an abject disappointment in comparison save maybe New Slaves, but the only time it lays off is on that sample and in context it's just so damn full of itself before abruptly shifting back into that ear-raping beat. For all the praise Yeezus gets for being abrasive and challenging, I think On Sight is the only song that actually lives up to the hype and it's a shame that almost every other song is so tame in comparison.
>>
>>71375481
well the asian girls i hang out with seem to like it
>>
>>71375584
That's actually a very good point.

And to be fair I don't HATE Yeezus at all. It's decent. Every project Kanye's had since after MBDTF has been a mixed bag.
>>
i completely agree with OP, yeezus had the best production i've ever heard in a rap album. would kill for all the songs to be as good as the first 4 were
>>
>>71373309
It wouldn't be the GOAT Kanye album, I'd still like College Dropout and MBDTF more, but yeah it'd be right up there with them.
>>
>>71375294
this fkn comment kek
>>
>>71375393

The pre-release performances of New Slaves and Black Skinhead made me legit hype. Never has an album disappointed me more than Yeezus. And while I still don't like this unreleased version of Bound 2 it's definitely less insulting than the final mix.
>>
>>71375614
That does not change the fact that the line is very offensive towards people of Asian descent, and could create unnecessary prejudice.
>>
>>71375183
no
>>
Yeezus is by far his best. The lyrics make it so much better, they're personal and revealing.
>>
>>71375992
>they're personal and revealing
can you give me an example?
>>
Every time I listen to Yeezus I'm convinced it's one of his best, but then I always end up thinking "OK maybe it's not as good as this album, or this one" and so on until I realise I ultimately rank it as one of his weaker albums.
>>
>>71375992

I got way more out of pretty much any other album he's released save maybe Graduation, and even then that album has Big Brother. Yeezus came across as like a more cartoonish take on MBDTF to me, and that album was already pretty heavy on the fantasy and drama. I'd say 808's is probably his most personal and revealing, as well as his most grounded work.
>>
>>71373309
Yeezus is kanyes best album lyrically the fuck are you talking about. Unlike his other records i feel like on yeezus his lyrics actually had a thematic element that tied together nicely with the sound of the album
>>
>>71377141

808s and MBDTF are quite thematic, especially 808s. MBDTF isn't very cohesive musically but considering it's basically manic depression on a disc that actually fits the lyrical direction.
>>
File: 27d73579e2.jpg (105KB, 475x594px) Image search: [Google]
27d73579e2.jpg
105KB, 475x594px
>>71375901
grow some fucking BALLZ you nigger
>>
>>71378548
>>
File: NoDzyEF[1].png (48KB, 336x370px) Image search: [Google]
NoDzyEF[1].png
48KB, 336x370px
What did Kanye and or Trump mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q604eed4ad0

The signature is Trump's official signature being used on illegal EOs.
>>
>>71377141
Agree.
>>
Can't we just agree that Hold my liquor is the best song on Yeezus? This album would not be what it is without Justin Vernon. Him not being on TLOP is part of the reason why it sucked
>>
>>71375481
Black people cant be racist bcuz tumblr get with the times man
>>
>>71381536
I like I'm In It best, but Holds My Liquor definitely is up there
Justin and Kanye go together very well
>>
>>71375901

Uhh...

>people of asian descent aren't offended by the lyric and sing along
>That does not change the fact that the line is very offensive towards people of Asian descent

I'm pretty sure that does change that fact...
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.