[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else get pissed off when people throw around the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 5fdw658jyuxx.png (945KB, 1476x562px) Image search: [Google]
5fdw658jyuxx.png
945KB, 1476x562px
Does anyone else get pissed off when people throw around the "I remember when I was 14" or the "Typical 16 year olds". The majority of the time I really don't see what's so teenager-ish about the albums people choose. If you have ever used this argument, then what posts do you refer to and what would you classify as """mature""" music?

Inb4: butthurt teenager
>>
The only music I respect is music I haven't heard of
>>
>>71360149
What does that even mean?
>>
>>71360137
I don't really use that language, but pop shit. Which also includes /mu/core. If you only discover your music through places like this and your music library is made up entirely of things you heard other people say are good your music taste has not yet matured. I expect an adult to be able to use the internet to find music on his own through extensive lastfm/rym/discogs/youtube/soulseek research, looking through genres/labels/musicians/compilations/etc associated with your favourite projects.

Nothing wrong with not having a matured taste in music, most people don't really have that.
>>
>>71360137
I don't think it has that much to do with the music in pic related being teenager-ish, but the fact that their music taste reaches as far as that and not any further. They only know a handful that was spoonfed to them by rym, /mu/ or p4k. A lot in that picture is also in there to bait people, as it's obviously quite broad, and many people here will feel the image is about them, at least for a large part.
>>
File: fedora-guy-meme.jpg (30KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-guy-meme.jpg
30KB, 479x720px
>>71360202
>>
>>71360149
that's deep
>>
>>71360137
Hours-long genre spanning mixes by legit DJ's such as Four Tet
>>
>>71360202
I cant wait to see the "mature" trash you like
>>
>>71360137
>>71360155
>>71360330
>>71360334
>>71360348
t. 14 years old
>>
>>71360137
As a first step in growing up, stop droning p4k and RYM.
>>
>>71360330
>>71360348
u mad?
>>
>>71360406
Using rym is as helpful as using discogs. It's a very organized way of finding music through artist connections and music labels.
>>
>>71360348
here u go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgj1FNToWY
>>
>>71360423
He's probably talking about following a few rym users instead of scouting through the databse yourself, creating a similar dynamic to just listening to whatever p4k says is good.
>>
>>71360137
It's entry level artsy shit
>>
>>71360438
Yeah, that's certainly true, but rym get's a bad rep here because of generalisations while it actually has one of the best music databases available.
>>
>>71360451
Oh, I agree. Rym is great. I like the way it's organized and laid out much better than discogs.
>>
>>71360137
>I remember when I was 22yo
;____;
>>
but can and fishmans are good tho
>>
>>71360455
>>71360451
>>71360438
>>71360423
RYM is trash because it's database is way too dependant on the scores set by the ignorant community, also the system for adding new releases is much shittier than on Discogs.
>>
>>71360455
>laid out much better than discogs
Maybe back in 2009-2013, the new RYM layout is a complete eyesore.
>>
>>71361097
>it's database is way too dependant on the scores set by the ignorant community
How do scores influence it's database? The fact that a title is displayed in bold letters?
>>
Is this chart implying that Animal Collective isn't amazing?
>>
>>71362157
if you're 16 its amazing
>>
>>71362157
None of these starter packs do. I'm 99% sure they're made for the sole purpose of triggering the demographic it's talking about that otherwise would've thought they were unique in their tastes and personalities.
>>
I don't, some albums/artists are used as fashion accesories, often by young people.

Doesn't make the album/artist bad, but to deny some albums are preferred by teens or young adults is being naive.

It doesn't help that the people the pic are referring to aren't even close to 16, but if you have met someone like that, they usually have childlike behavior (see /mu/'s facebook meme pages).

Also, if you care that much about that argument, you should reevaluate your life.
>>
>>71360137
I remember working with a recording artist, played on a fairly popular pop punk band during late 90s-early 00s. We were both present on the recording of a local indie band and we overheard a conversation between two members.

One of them said something along the lines of having a couple of other projects in case they had the chance to sell out but keep the indie status, to which the other replied with just a tired smile (he was the head of the project).

The artist interrupted the conversation to say that thinking like that is bullshit. At the end of the day you need to think about the people listening to your music (which he referred to as the young folks) and not the haters.

Chances are, must /mu/core artists are fine with being object of teen consumption; if they don't care, why would you care about being associated with teens? Is image really that important to you?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.