[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album will be regarded as a classic in 10-15 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IDLSIDGO.jpg (24KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
IDLSIDGO.jpg
24KB, 658x658px
This album will be regarded as a classic in 10-15 years
>>
File: solace.jpg (2KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
solace.jpg
2KB, 319x319px
>>71357198
Maybe. It definitely seems like it sparked a whole new wave in hip hop of depressed soundcloud rappers flowing over lo-fi beats. Grief is one of the best songs of this decade though.

But I think Solace will be the one that's regarded as a classic.
>>
>>71357198

this shit is so fucking great. >>71357233
and now that you mention it, this was the start of all these sc rappers like lil peep n shit.

I hope it doesn't get overshadowed by the shit it spawned.
>>
everyone from OF fell off the face of the earth except for frank ocean
>>
>>71357272
Earl and Syd have stayed afloat
>>
Not a big fan of the record, I do think solace is a bit better. But I'd have to agree with the points you guys have made when it comes to the influence of the album
>>
Kek

no
>>
>>71357233
yes, Solace is the real deal.
>>
not a classic but it definitely will be remembered fondly

>>71357233
It feels like a lot of those soundcloud rappers are rappping over a modernized version of old dark memphis rap and not really similar to earl's style. Guys like Raider Klan, SESH really kicked that off, not earl.
>>
>>71357233
DId it though? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me because I never got into the whole gloomy soundcloud type shit but I feel like that was sorta a thing before IDLS dropped
>>
>>71357272
>>71357285
Domo and Hodgy's latest albums are pretty good too
>>71357724
Yeah Bones been doing the gloomy sadshit since like 2012
>>
>>71357815
Domo and Hodgy's albums were garbage guy it was just the same old shit
>>
>>71357233
Solace is the best Song/EP to come out this decade imo
>>
File: 1468101874759.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468101874759.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>71357823
I enjoyed them both
>>
Love this album to death, its helped shape a lot of my taste in hip hop since it came out.
>>
Would be nice to have a version of Solace that isn't a shitty youtube rip desu
>>
wish it was longer, the beats, gloomy and agitated vocals. wow. doubt itll ever reach classic status though
>>
>>71357272
Thats pretty much how rap goes

New rapper finds success > He tries to make his 5 friends successful > time passes > everyone except 1-2 people are forgotten > repeat

That's what happened with outlawz, d12, young money, g-unit, etc
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.