[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is actually their best album b t w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: rainbows.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rainbows.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
This is actually their best album b t w
>>
File: 088055831.jpg (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
088055831.jpg
156KB, 600x600px
IR used to be my favorite, but AMSP just grew on me for sad times.

Glass Eyes and True Love Waits are heartbreaking songs
>>
>>71354553
No way. Faist Arp, House of Cards and Bodysnatchers hold it back. 8/10
>>
>>71354610
See, I like in rainbows because it's like their best happy album. It's the only thing in their discog besides some tracks from the bends and hail to the theif that actively brings my mood up.
>>
>>71354624
Yeah go fuck yaself kid
>>
>>71354641
Only happy song I can think of is Jigsaw
>>
>>71354553
Agreed.

Every song on this album is pure emotional perfection
>>
>>71354610
I don't think this will ever pass In Rainbows for me, but it's. linking closer to Kid A I have to admit
>>
why did you space out the letters in btw
>>
>>71354794
forget which acronyms 4chan changes desu
>>
>>71354553
Genuinely baffles me at the thought of someone actually saying this. Like it's just ultra generic melodic and reverb heavy indie rock. Check literally any other big indie rock record of the time and it's basically the same thing. Maybe you were just not around then so it seems unique or new to you?
>>
>>71354674
Am I wrong?
>>
>>71354969
fuck you and your rankings, i remember you from the other thread
>>
>>71354969
>Jigsaw not a 5 star
>Weird Fishes not a 5 star
>15 step not a 5 star
Actually go fucking die
>>
>>71355106
Yeezus?

>>71355130
I have like 11 thousand songs and no more than 25 are 5 star up until now. Those are my favorite songs of all time. Sorry for not handing out 5 stars like it meant "good song dude"
>>
>>71354957
Lol, I'd rather take the mediocre melodies that are enjoyable than the boring, repetitive dullness of shit like OK Computer and Kid A.
Amnesiac has some good tracks, though.
>>
>>71355278
>kid a
>dull
you're being just as sanctimonious as him
>>
>>71354553
It sounds alright in the background. There's not much to pull from it if you're intent on digesting the music. No interesting interplay between instruments, no strong ideas, nothing very emotional, nothing gripping. Just another lush product of le Radioboys
>>
>>71354969
get your ears checked, faggot.
>>
File: what's wrong with you.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
what's wrong with you.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>71355297
Kid A is dull. It has excellent instrumentation and a few really good songs but overall it is dull and tedious.
>>
Their best coldplay album to date.
>>
>>71354624
>>71354969
Dude... Bodysnatchers and House of Cards are the BEST Radiohead songs, Right alongside Nude and All I Need. I do discard you're opinion.

However I can see how one can dislike Faust Arp, but in my opinion it's Radiohead's Blackbird. (The Beatles)
>>
>>71355343
This board is truly full of plebs. You do realize I like the album quite a lot, right? I just don't call anything I listen to perfect or flawless.

Listen to more music. Radiohead don't have 10s, sadly.
>>
>>71355475
Bodysnatchers... Are you being serious, man? House of Cards is pretty dull to be their best song.

your*

I mean, your opinion seems like garbage, honestly.

The only Radiohead songs which get 5 stars from me are Nude, Climbing Up The Walls, Motion Picture Soundtrack and Life In a Glasshouse. Maybe True Love Waits.
>>
>>71354969
ya cept 15 step is 2 stars and bodysnatchers is 4 stars (maybe 3.5)
>>
File: 1488499924573.png (850KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488499924573.png
850KB, 600x800px
>>71355297
>point out the faults in an album and how it sounds just like everything else from the time
>this somehow displays moral superiority/virtue signaling to neo-mu
>>
>>71355667
You're fucked in the brain. 15 Step 2?

Bodysnatchers actually is 3.5, I just can't put that in Jriver
>>
>>71355705
This is fucking ridiculous. You suggest that I can't take criticism as I sit here for HOURS fending off a bunch of raging retard aspies. What fucking mental institution did you whores escape from? I feel like I'm in some alternate universe where sane thought has been replaced by mental retardation. You guys think that I'm so bad because I judge people's music taste yet you're doing THE SAME THING. You are fucking hypocrites of the highest god damn caliber. Next time you go to a record store I hope you freak out like the autists you are make a giant fucking mess of a situation where everybody around you laughs. It must be hard not having any fulfillment in life beyond winning internet arguments with strangers, mustn't it? Learn some basic human fucking respect you shitlicking neanderthal scum. It's not hard to talk without using memes all the fucking time. You argue solely with greentext and stupid reaction images, it's like FOR FUCKS SAKES just talk like a person. None of you EVER explained how in rainbows is in any way, shape, or form even moderately engaging on the most basic fucking level. You are are all toilet humping trannies who probably post pictures of yourselves in rainbow thigh-highs for attention because you have no way of getting it in real life. Stop replying and go jerk off to captain beefhearts autistic fish head orgy you stupid fucking queers. I hope you all fall into fucking manholes and break your skulls open, god you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>71355517
Lol @ you my dude.

House of Cards and Bodysnatchers are perfectly crafted and executed songs. Before you call my opinion garbage, I want you to know that you not understanding those songs in context is showing you're pleb
>>
>>71356038
I wish I could spit in your face right now
>>
>>71355815
captain beefheart and mingus are memes desu
>>
>>71356166
I think that's copypasta
>>
File: tyrone laughing.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone laughing.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>71356210
>he missed the thread
>>
>>71354729
>nude
>>
>>71356242
i just recently found out about the earlier version of that song and holy wow its nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66Ejt0f8i8
>>
Personally yes, objectively no
>>
>>71354693

>Straight up happy
15 step
bodysnatchers
weird fishes
house of cards
>songs that start sad but end triumphant and happy
nude
reckoner
faust arp
house of cards

it's a pretty happy album. i generally took the album to generally be about the feelings surrounding fatherhood and starting a new phase in your life.
>>
>>71354553
objectively true
>>
File: varg stop.jpg (35KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
varg stop.jpg
35KB, 288x288px
>>
File: thekingoflimbs.jpg (734KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
thekingoflimbs.jpg
734KB, 1500x1500px
>>71354553
You posted the wrong picture
>>
>>71354957
This has got to be some of the dumbest shit to come out of this website
>>
>>71354610
This surpasses kid A for me
>>
>>71354624
The only track that is holding it back is 15 Steps
>>
File: stopyorke.jpg (14KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
stopyorke.jpg
14KB, 500x250px
>>71359827
Stop listening to Varg.
>>
>>71354553
Thankfully, Radiohead abandoned the beats for A Moon Shaped Pool (XL, 2016), their least machine-based album yet, a veritable return to humanity. If the driving minimalist repetition of Burn the Witch sounds like an amateurish impersonation of Michael Nyman augmented with melancholy new-age piano, a couple of the songs display real genius like it rarely happened on their pretentious albums: the creative collage of The Numbers blends distorted Indian-esque music with snippets of orchestral music, massive organ drones and ghostly lysergic chanting; the elaborate ethereal pastiche Daydreaming blends more minimalist repetition with drones and sound effects that are almost musique concrete; Present Tense grafts flamenco-ish guitar and falsetto scat into a Caribbean beat; and Ful Stop sets an electronic threnody to Neu-esque motorik rhythm. The sleep-inducing piano elegy True Love Waits, 20 years in the making, makes its first appearance here; not exactly a good sign. In fact, half of the album is wasted in minor detours, such as the somber and spare litany Desert Island Disk and the languid r&b over syncopated digital beat Identikit, but this could be their best album since Amnesiac.
>>
>>71361103
Without the hype Radiohead's In Rainbows (Radiohead, 2007) would simply be a mediocre attempt at making slightly adventurous classic rock music. Abandoning their pretenses of innovation and futurism, Radiohead returned to their rock roots with a guitar-driven album that features precious few electronic/digital effects. This is U2-style arena-rock for the 2000s. The syncopated blues-soul shuffle 15 Step the half-baked hard-rock of Bodysnatchers (reminiscent of pathetic attempts by the Beatles to reinvent themselves in the age of Cream) or Faust Arp, a Beatles-esque elegy that has been heard countless times in the history of pop music, are not only inferior material by any standard: they are plain amateurish. To make matters worse, the album includes a whole set of sub-pop ballads, from the slow Nude (a long unreleased song, originally titled Big Ideas) to the even more moronic All I Need and House of Cards.
Redeeming the album from utter mediocrity are Jigsaw Falling Into Place, by far the best song, the kind of feverish dance-rock that Inxs specialized in, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, a tender song a` la Coldplay that gradually builds emotioinal momentum, Reckoner, a languid soul lament over a hypnotic polyrhythm and a Moody Blues-esque string section, and finally the piano-driven Videotape, the melodic peak of the album and the one ballad that has something original to say. But it's way too little.
Any critic who hails this album as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.
>>
>>71354624
>He doesn't like Bodysnatchers
Do you just not like music at all? Why are you here?
>>
>>71360373
ive just been around longer than you so more jaded i guess

its almost exactly alike to every other album from the time, veckatimest and whatnot, thank god that fad has passed but it took too long
>>
>>71361378
7/10 doesn't mean "I don't like it"
>>
>>71358678
None of the songs in In rainbows are happy.
>>
>>71354553
Amnesiac, you immense faggot
>>
File: 1280013136732.jpg (18KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
1280013136732.jpg
18KB, 300x323px
>>71354624
>House of Cards
>bad

do you even D E N I A L
>>
>>71354624
The bait actually worked, nice job anon
>>
>>71360477
ok you just have shit taste
>>
>>71363738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-4CpJyZ4Yw
>>
>>71361114
Holy shit.

If you're deaf, you really shouldn't be writing a review of the objective greatest album of all time.

Hey guys, this faggot literally said "In Rainbows is U2-Esque Arena Rock for the 21st Century.

How many times do people have to tell you:

YOU JUST DONT GET IT. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE GENIUS OF THIS ALBUM. YOU ARE NOT COPING WITH THE FACT THAT YOU DONT GET IT. YOURE PRIDE IS TELLING YOU IM RIGHT, BUT TRUST ME ONE DAY WHEN YOURE TASTE BUDS HAVE GROWN ENOUGH, GIVE A LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY YOURE SHIT OPINION CHANGES.

You're welcome by the way, I'm doing you a favor man
>>
>>71359850
look at this motherfucker
how fucking denser can /mu/ get?
>>
>>71354624

Maybe faust arp (sounds a little too Beatles for my taste) but Bodysnachers and House of Cards are two of the best songs on the album. WTF are you on right now?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.