[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The National

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 49.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Why is The National regarded so highly?

I'd rather listen to Liars, Women or even Vietcong.

Have they ever done anything even remotely interesting or did they get where they are by playing it safe.
>>
I've never understood the appeal of the national.

It seemed like music designed by a company to appeal to the twenty something that sees the emptiness of consumer culture but isn't bothered by it enough not to buy Wayfarers and to not have pursued a finance degree. He has no real strong political opinions but acts liberal when girls are around and if forced to take a position would more often than not come down conservative.

Someone that will inevitably have a midlife crisis and buy a boat or sports car to fill that empty place in their souls that should be filled with genuine human connection.

But, hey. Maybe I don't get it.
>>
Talented guys and good lyrics for popular rock music, solid discography. I don't think anyone puts them on some pedestal of greatness, but they're undoubtedly a very solid band. They "got where they are" by writing good songs that speak to the middle class, and touring the fuck out of them.
>>
>>71347578
The national is one of the best post punk revival/indie rock groups of the 2000s. What kind of ridiculous generalization is this?
>>
I've always liked The National, and I wouldn't say they're incredible or really high regarded, but they are consistent.
They're a little more relaxed than the bands you listed, and their discography is similar enough that if you like one album by them, you like them all.
They attracted fans with consistently good music and like >>71347698 said, they're fairly relatable and can be seen live almost anywhere in the States.
>>
>make songs for 15 years
>never take risks
>make sure you get associated with big names like Sufjan and Obama
>ensure your music is always radio friendly and can be played during non-pop hours
woahlah
>>
>>71348046
what did he mean by this
>>
>>71347384
>that song in portal

also what's tommy pinecone doing on that album cover
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.