[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiona Apple thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: fiona-apple-2016-performance.jpg (22KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
fiona-apple-2016-performance.jpg
22KB, 560x292px
It's about time for a new album, ay?

Post your fav fiona songs/moments
>>
File: 1484518592157.jpg (146KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
1484518592157.jpg
146KB, 450x475px
I DONT CRY WHEN IM SAD ANYMOOORE

i'd be very hype for a new album
>>
best fiona song incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ng9Oel5DXY
>>
>>71345885
good pick anon
i hadn't heard this version
>>
>>71345464
YOU'RE ALL I NEED
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Tidal [Work, 1996] :(

When the Pawn . . . [Clean Slate/Epic, 1999]

For any Upper West Side showbiz kid, musical comedy is mother's milk, more "natural" than the rude attack of rock or the polite confessional of folk. And having gone mega, Fiona was autonomous enough to want it that way. With crucial help from Jon Brion, she's got the Richard Rodgers/Kurt Weill part down, and will surely tackle the Dorothy Fields/Lorenz Hart part later. Meanwhile, confessional attacks like "A Mistake" and "Get Gone" will do. Webber & Sondheim, watch out. A-

Extraordinary Machine [Clean Slate/Epic, 2005]

Instead of delivering the music a sharp-tongued breakup record by an empowered young female would imply--if not folk-rock plain and simple, then emotional piano-woman pop--Apple adapts Broadway show tune to confessional mode. Although Mike Elizondo adds momentum, Jon Brion's colors still predominate, and the melodic and structural contours are all Apple's. Ira Gershwin she's not; Betty Comden she's not either. But she wouldn't be half as inspiring if they were what she was aiming for. A-

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Ever Do [Epic, 2012]

A funny thing will happen once you've figured out that the title is the stupidest thing about an album that's damn catchy after all. It'll sound like a piano record--a defiantly primitivist, raucously avant-garde lounge singer's piano record, with a really nutty drummer: he'll-bang-on-anything (and-get-her-to-pitch-in) producer Charley Drayton. There are few arpeggios, and not much tone color and such. She just executes simple figures and hammers thick chords, including a few boogie-woogies just to make a point. She also sings--words, yes, but more decisively, sounds. Not background music. But you could sure call it mood music. A-
>>
File: 1336083331626.jpg (50KB, 380x333px) Image search: [Google]
1336083331626.jpg
50KB, 380x333px
>nothing wrong when a song ends in a minor key
>>
Where the fiona senpai @

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABtDxEQLURU
>>
>>71345464
jesus christ she looks awful in that picture
please take good care of yourself, Fiona ;_;
>>
>>71346460
Looks like a junkie and holy god, is her hair receding.
>>
>>71346460
this was from a particularly passionate protest concert, and fuck off she looks fine. She's 37 you can't expect her to maintain her model good looks from when she was in her early 20s.
>>
>>71346548
>She's 37
>>
>>71346585
damn how time flies. she probably still has 3 great albums in her
>>
File: 57676.png (325KB, 1512x746px) Image search: [Google]
57676.png
325KB, 1512x746px
>>71346548
>this was from a particularly passionate protest concert

>>
File: Squidward_Design_2.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward_Design_2.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>71346652
Well that was predictable.
>>
>>71346652
yes, fuck trump and the absolute maddening mindset he has towards women. One of the only good things about his presidency is the protest music it's bringing along with us.
>>
>>71346747
Of course, protest music only works if it comes naturally as opposed to being paid for by Sorosbucks, but...
>>
>>71346786
Paying for millions of protesters will bankrupt Soros eventually no?
>>
>>71346652
*deletes her albums*
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.