[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dots and Loops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Cover.jpg (191KB, 1399x1398px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
191KB, 1399x1398px
Fuck Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism, this is the best Stereolab album.
>>
Always preferred Peng! or Cobra & Phases myself.
>>
>>71341496
Probably. Brakhage, Diagonals and Refractions are so addictive
>>
Emperor Tomato Ketchup or The Groop Played... imo
>>
>>71341672
actually nah fuck it im right its one of those two if you disagree you are not right
>>
>>71341530
Cobra and Phases is super underrated. Well pretty much any Stereolab album after 1997 is underrated, but this is the best of that bunch. Like on Dots and Loops, it's got John McEntire on board, so it still feels Tortoise-esque.
>>
>>71341496
>>71341530
>>71341672
Mars Audiac Quintet > All
>>
>>71341696
you are not right
>>
File: 201106295_89c2094e85.jpg (88KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
201106295_89c2094e85.jpg
88KB, 333x500px
Nice to see some 'lab love

>>71341496
Ya it's damn good, but it doesn't have Jenny Ondioline, and also Emperor is probably their best just because it fucking perfects krautrock

>>71341687
Margerine Eclipse in particular is very underrated imo desu

>>71341696
also this isn't too far from the truth, one of the best opening track streaks of all time
>>
Goddamn now I have to go listen to some Stereolab
>>
>>71341746
To be honest I think I would like Margerine Eclipse better if it didn't have the dual mono mixing. I still can't really get over it.
>>
>>71341496
no, aluminum tunes is the one and only cd you need from them.
>>
>>71341496
>Fuck Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism, this is the best Stereolab album.
I'm not familiar with the artist, but this sounds like what an AI would spit out after reading /mu/
>>
>>71341855
n o
>>
>>71341779
Really? I honestly think it has like the most brilliant mix of almost any album I've ever heard. It sounds so lush compared to other dual mono stuff I've heard
>>
File: 1485469969293.jpg (113KB, 736x478px) Image search: [Google]
1485469969293.jpg
113KB, 736x478px
>>71341496
>Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism
wew
>>
>>71341910
The left/right separation is too extreme that it feels almost like I'm just listening to a different song in each ear. It feels weird having this sort of sound void in the middle.
>>
This album is basically a mix of High Llamas, Mouse on Mars on Stereolab (literally, in terms of who contributed) in case ya'll didn't know that
>>
I like Dots and Loops and I even think Refractions barely edges out Jenny Ondioline as their best song but nah, Transient is overall better and so is ETK for that matter as they're both more consistently dick raising than Dots is. That said, their best work is definitely the run of albums from Transient to Dots. Dots has like 3 of 4 amazing songs but Transient becomes absolutely fucking magical from Golden Ball onwards.

>>71341530

The first half of Cobra is very good but it falls apart pretty bad in the second half.

>>71341687

Fair, but I do like me some Margerine Eclipse. Probably their only one that comes close to equalling the run of records describe above.
>>
>>71342099
I get what you mean, but some tracks actually have the bass right in the middle which makes it work really well imo
>>
I really don't like refractions. 1-4, Ticker Tape and the second part of the last song are awesome though. Probably their best songs.
>>
>>71342615
How could you not like Parsec?
>>
>>71341496
margarine eclipse is where it's at tho. Dots and loops is a solid 8/10 tho
>>
>>71342655
margerine is great, but better than peng! through dots? give me a break buddy. did you even listen through their discog? you just a kraut hater?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.