[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/flaminglips/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6495.jpg (105KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6495.jpg
105KB, 350x350px
Flaming lips general
>>
Can only hope their next album is another radical shift in direction.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 264x191px
>>71335583
SHILL THREAD

(((Flaming Lips)))
>>
Huge fan of the group, love many of their albums. Only seen them live once but the show was incredible. December 30th, 2014. They played a lot of songs off of Clouds Taste Metallic because they were about to re-release it and go on a tour of playing that album start to finish. Wonderful stuff.

Hated the new album, big let down. Practically Dead Petz tier :(
>>
>>71335672
I hope they get their shit together soon
>>
I recently got TSB on vinyl and fell in love again. It also has the definitive track list imo, with Slow Motion restored right before Feeling Yourself Disintigrate and all the original mixes.
>>
File: 1488084442895.gif (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488084442895.gif
43KB, 320x320px
>>71335672
>>71335696
>>71335715
Fuck off LA jews

You fool no one
>>
>>71335696
Yeah, me too. The Terror was really great. I don't know what happened after that...
>>71335715
>definitive track list
Oh, really? I didn't know such a release existed. Only that the band has mentioned that there ought to be one. I might have to pick that up sometime.
>>
>>71335817
Fuck off pedo.
>>
How many times you guys seen them? I'm on 3 at the moment, hoping to make it 4 later this year. Seeing them do The Soft Bulletin in full last year was incredible.
>>
>>71335817
Yeah, it's

Race For The Prize
A Spoonful Weighs A Ton
The Spark That Bled
The Spiderbite Song
Buggin'
What Is The Light?
The Observer
Waitin' For A Superman
Suddenly Everything Has Changed
The Gash
Slow Motion
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
Sleeping On The Roof

And all are the original mixes
>>
Greatest band of all time
Everyone loves them
>>
>>71335871
Yeah that's the true Soft Bulletin. Is there any reason why they fuck with it so much across the different releases?
>>
>>71335869
>>71335871
>>71335889
Fuck off ((()))

This clownshit band fools no one
>>
>>71335908
why don't you just stay in threads for bands you do like then mate
>>
>>71335897
Just the label being idiots

Back in the 90s it actually wasn't that uncommon for albums to get fucked with by the labels across different regions releases.
>>
>>71335935
This
>>
>>71335583
I was thinking about grabbing tickets to their show in boston, but then I started to wonder the point

I know they're lauded for having great live performances, but what do their tracklists actually look like? Is it even worth it to go?
>>
>>71336215
It's mostly yoshimi and tsb shit
>>
>>71336266
Well that makes me want to go a bit more, I guess. But I also want to see Animal Collective in may. But I also want to buy synths and shit. And I don't have very much money for all that stuff. Decisions, I guess
>>
>>71336353
Just donate all your money to planned parenthood
>>
>>71336353
You suck at faux-casual dialogue.

And dumbfuck it's more likely that this average anon on here's dad would want to see this dust fart band than they would.
>>
>>71336403
>You suck at faux-casual dialogue.
I know. I can't talk to people in real life either

And you'd have to be pretty young to have a dad who was into the Flaming Lips. You wouldn't be that young, would you anon?
>>
>>71336540
Nigga please. The frauds have been around for 25+years. Dirty motherfuckers.
>>
>>71336586
are you the frogposter who shitposts in and also presumably makes these threads?
>>
>>71336676
This
>>
>>71336676
>>71336839
Give it up.
>>
>>71335908
autism

Embryonic is a top 5 album of the 2010s. It takes the psych elements popularized by tame impala and melody's echo chamber, adds in influences from stoner and art rock, and some flavors of ambient. It's uniquely inspired, and gorgeously executed. It also has Karen O making animal noises, which is cool I guess.

Clouds Taste Metallic, The Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi were pretty good. The Terror and Zaireeka were ambitious, but poorly executed in the end. The rest of their work is questionable at best.

>>71336403
ignore this jackass
>>71336540
you're fine. We're all here cause we don't know how to socialize in real life.
>>
wow there is one /pol/ that is really pissed about the flaming lips, I guess
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.