[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Kendrick confirmed to be God themed; checkmate atheists!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: King Kendrick.jpg (168KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
King Kendrick.jpg
168KB, 1366x768px
http://pitchfork.com/news/71992-kendrick-lamar-offers-insight-into-his-next-album-in-new-interview/
>>
>>71335542
Yeah, that's expected from someone without a decent education. He found Jesus (or rather, it was shoved down his throat) and that's just what the world is to him. I'm sure the album will be decent, even if I'm not devout myself.
>>
Azealia Banks preps her chicken heads for the upcoming battle.
>>
>>71335542
So an album about accepting things you repulse??
Interesting, can't wait.
>>
God was a theme in GKMC and TPAB so its not that suprising. As long as he approaches it in an interesting way I'm sure it'll be good.
>Ib4 a conversation with God as the last track
>>
>>71335627
this desu

I think the belief in god is pretty fucking retarded but I can still enjoy music if its good even if a musician is expressing their beliefs in god.
>>
>>71335627
I agree desu and plus Kanye has already been doing this. Gospel rap ain't nothing new.
>>
I can't be the only one who didn't like his jazzy stuff right? It's just not engaging at all
>>
If he doesn't go full minimalist Yeezus-style than I'll be disappointed. He's done the maximalist style now it's time for his pure rap skills to shine under hard-hitting, minimalist beats.
>>
I can't take any more black female gospel samples.
>>
>>71336066
I REALLY hope he doesn't go for that gospel trend. I think he has good enough taste not to, but then again, he does shill out for some god awful features
>>
>>71335542
I bet it's gonna be false-flagging, we all know he's run by satanists
>>
>>71336066
The hell is wrong with gospel/soul samples??
>>
>>71335542
does this mean a chance collaboration on it is possible?
holy shit
>>
>>71335894
>Ib4 a conversation with God as the last track
How Much A Dollar Cost
>>
If Kendrick drops his version of The College Dropout, it's going to be revolutionary
>>
>>71335542
>not being able to sincerly appreciate the emotional power of religious art
I don't believe the stuff they believe but god damn it can be powerful. 'Ultralight Beam' possibly the best recent example.
>>
>>71335542
If this board starts converting to Christianity, I'm out
>>
>>71335938
Sometimes I feel like Kanye took that idea from Chance. Seeing as Chance's last two releases were influenced by gospel (more noticeable in Coloring Book)
>>
>>71335894
GKMC = hood/city
TPAB = the country
3 = Jesus

Where will he go next
>>
If he drops another corny, afrocentric, gopsel and nu-jazz inspired album, people will call him a one trick pony. He needs to drop a banging album with trap beats, not even joking. He's done his artistic shit, now let him top the charts with bangers. Swimming Pools only hinted at the potential he has as a trap/pop rapper.
>>
>>71336438
And if he drops a trap album people are gonna say that he's selling out or riding the trap trend, regardless of how good the album actually is.
>>
>>71336543

>trap trend

Modern trap has been around for ages.
>>
>>71336438
Eh we don't need more trap we need a return of boom bap break out the Akais let's choke on record dust
>>
idgaf what genre he pulls most from with the instrumentals, i don't care what/who is talking about/to, i don't care if it's punishing, negative, or hate filled to society, i don't care if it's poppy or experimental but if it's that for real Kendrick Lamar god shit that we've been getting in the past then sign me the fuck up i'll be devouring and soaking up anything and everything he has to say for months until it's a part of me.
>>
>>71336618

Just please no more TPAB/untitled, unmastered sounding shit.
>>
>>71335542
I hope the album has that dark and woozy sound that was on untitled 2 and levitate
>>
>>71335894
>a conversation with God as the last track
he already did that on TPAB
>>
>>71336570
yeah, but its bigger than ever in the mainstream. It is a bit unfair to label it a trend, but the point is that he'll be seen as "selling out" or trying to appeal to more people instead of following his artistic direction, regardless if he wants to make a trap album or not. I don't doubt a kendrick trap album would be good tho, he's shown he can do well on those kind of beats.
>>
>>71336628
untitled unmastered was actually fucking amazing

what are you smoking? you need jesus, nigga
>>
TPaB was a potentially decent album until the entire experience is ruined by "King Kunta," one of the lowest points in all of hip-hop lyricism.
>>
>>71336918

>I GOT A BONER PIC
>>
>>71336918
I GOT A BONER PETE
IM MAD HE MAD
>>
>>71336413
Our minds
>>
>>71336918
lol nah this song is awesome. one time i saw him live and i got so hype this song started and i wanted more tpab cuz he was doing all good kid so i like rapped the lyrics real loud then felt all weird like i somehow vibed him wrong it was weird i mean im most likely projecting but thats how i felt. real interesting social thing watching a crowd of people rap that stuff back at him. especially at those more intimate shows like i went to a kunta groove session and it was like fascinating hearing and watching like what verses were chanted by the crowd and like even whena really catchy one would come depending on the subject matter would shape the feel of the crowd. cool stuff thats some good art that can do that.
>>
>>71336385
what is jesus walks
>>
Are blacks able to talk about anything else besides bitches, crime and god?
>>
>>71335627
>>71335930
i dont believe in god but there are a lot of smart, well-educated people who do. it's largely cultural
>>
File: 1486957579976.jpg (64KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
1486957579976.jpg
64KB, 1000x994px
>>71335542

>I think the belief in god is pretty fucking retarded

Ignorant positivist Reddit shits BTFO all over the place.
>>
>>71335627
As a fedora carrying atheist I thought coloring book was good even before I warmed up to acid rap.
Kendrick has already touched on religion in GKMC and TPAB (and I assume Section.80 but I can't make it through that album) and it turned out really good
>>
>>71336310
Wtf did you listen to any track outside of Jesus Walks?
>>
>>71336918
Ow I cut myself on that edge
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.