[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Les Rallizes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: 959029.jpg (16KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
959029.jpg
16KB, 207x300px
Been seeing a lot of shit talked about these guys on here lately, what is so bad about them?
Saying the fanbase is just all poseurs is a weak response because poseurs just listen to the music as a fashion statement and don't really enjoy it.
>>
>>71330236
only listened to heavier than a death in the family, but that album was almost 100% buildup with very little payoff. i give it a 5/10
>>
>>71330236
Not all fans of LRD are poseurs, but all poseurs are fans of LRD.

They're a decent/okayish psych rock band. Very self indulgent, but decent. Not that great. It's easy to hate when it becomes one of *those* artists - ones that you see mentioned rarely, but then get posted on a chart thread once and all of a sudden everyone is including this semi obscure band on their charts and favorites with the pretty album cover and the good image. It's easy to hate.
>>
>>71330236
DUDE LETS JUST PARAPHASE SISTER RAY AGAIN WITHOUT THE KILLER ENDING
>>
>>71330236
A few decent songs amidst a SEA of wankery
>>
angry underage plebs from Reddit who like take impala are mad they were called out for their shit taste by avant teens so now they call everything rym likes poseur
>>
>>71330379
memes aside, tame impala is far better than LRD.

both are untalented and uncreative, but at least impala can make hooks and melodies. LRD are only good for the most basic psych rock/postrock.
>>
>>71330379
this pretty much
>>
File: Wild Gals.jpg (378KB, 1190x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Gals.jpg
378KB, 1190x1200px
Threadly reminder that everything LRD did was surpassed by Acid Mothers Temple, Boredoms, Shizuka, and others.
>>
But you know what, hey, if you like them, good for you anon, you find something in it that I don't.
>>
>>71330415
>tame impala are better than anything

kys burger records kid
>>
>>71330565
>DO I FIT IN YET GUISE XDDDD
>>
>>71330236
People listen to LRD expecting poppy hooks all over the place or some kind of proto-post-rock instead of textures and overtones. Not to mention that most of their recordings are live bootlegs, and that to get anywhere close to the live experience the music needs to be listened to at high a volume as possible and not many people do this.
>>
>>71330612
yeah
>>
>>71330612
nah, you're a typical rym faux knowledgeable poseur. LRD are decent but they are absolutely average in terms of creativity or even musical ability. theres nothing remarkable about them besides aesthetic purposes or the occasional drawn out psych shit which is grateful dead tier at best anyway.
>>
>>71330594
sorry to tell you but you're the normie here. fuck off you Mac demarco loving underage weed kid swine
>>
>>71330718
nothing about his post signifies any sort of posturing whatsoever, you're just an asshole itching to say something.
>>
Been there done that
>>
LRD used to be a band exclusively listened to by tape trading circles, but Julian Cope made a big deal out of them being a secret obscure world changer and suddenly every alt-music podcast or paper was singing praises. Now they're basic Freshman college radio member-core but their fans act like they're entirely unknown.
>>
>>71330772
I've been here for nearing 9 years though.

You're in the stage 2 "I HATE NORMIES AND I HAVE UNIQUE PERCEPTION" stage. you think youre not "normal" for hating on shit like mac demarco and tame impala under your own specific definition of what is "normal" and what isnt, and you basically dismiss these under their image without being able to set those things aside and just analyze the musical ability of it.

even in more simpler terms, you're the "normalfag" here- it's very popular to hate on shit like demarco and tame impala on moo, youre just another guy fitting in with the crowd.

not that im defending them, but as mediocre as tame impala are, as musicians, theyre better than LRD. that isnt really saying much though.
>>
>>71330923
>Freshman college radio member-core
Not quite, they're still a bit further than that, but not too far off.
>>
>>71330923
you miscalculate julian cope's influence
>>
>>71330718
>nah, you're a typical rym faux knowledgeable poseur
>LRD are decent but they are absolutely average in terms of creativity or even musical ability
How can you write something even less substantial than a poseur faggot like me? You gotta be next level stupid for that.

>the occasional drawn out psych shit which is grateful dead tier at best anyway
Grateful Dead didn't play giant repetitive textures of noise at loud volumes to focus on overtones though. That's more a Glenn Branca, Sonic Youth, modern Swans, and Japanoise kinda thing. GD played far more bluesy psych stuff.
>>
>>71330923
>Now they're basic Freshman college radio member-core
You're on crack
>>
>>71330964
lurk more my man
>>
File: le.jpg (12KB, 239x366px) Image search: [Google]
le.jpg
12KB, 239x366px
>>71330925
>I've been here for nearing 9 years though.

you're a real superstar anon
>>
>>71330994
Anybody can say that, doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>71330996
>no rebuttal
>just an epic tumblr tier dismissive/ironic response

yeah youre definitely new
>>
>>71330963
Cope's Japan book released just before the band was suddenly being shilled by David Keenan and Henry Rollins
>>
>>71331018
not even the guy you're arguing with, i just wanted you to know that being here for 9 years is nothing to brag about.
>>
>>71331041
not bragging,
>>
>>71331072
9 years
>>
>>71330455
AMT went more in the route of drone, world music, and space rock though. Boredoms were more punk in the beginning, then Krautrock later. Shizuka and Fushitsusha didn't have textures as lush as LRDs.
>>
>>71330925
hahahaha
>>
Nice band name. You would get positive attention on Chart/RYM Threads
Bad music.
Get over it, avanteens
>>
>>71331162
>t. pleb who's still stuck to tradition in music that's hundreds of years old by now

I guess this is how homo sapiens must have felt when they met the Neanderthals that just didn't have the capacity to understand things at the next level.
>>
>>71331162
This narrative gets repeated over and over and every time someone calls your type out you totally shut down or resort to Plan B which is essentially saying how sick you are of "avant-teens" flaunting their taste on this board and how much better they must think they are.

Don't you see how insecure you are?
>>
>>71330236
they have some good songs

fushitsusha is better imo
>>
>>71331132
"No."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4t0eXFfsmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGnTgrS4Z2s

Especially that last sentence.
>>
Is there anything out there similar to "Enter the Mirror?" I don't care for LRD much but I fucking love that song so much. There must be more.
>>
>look mom im differnt!!!!

die
>>
File: 1481260905425.jpg (140KB, 1137x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1481260905425.jpg
140KB, 1137x1281px
>>71331203
>>71331216
>t. White NEET heterosexualfag kid that think he is cool because he share his time in a circle jerk -safe-space- threads for constatly listen to a demi ebscure japanesse band that explote their label with live recordings
You guys need to get some taste BUT first develop a personality
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70986615#p70988168
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70802140#p70802638
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71154858#p71173889
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71242106#p71262153
>>
>>71330925
Cringe
>>
>>71331383
that's what she said ;_;
>>
>>71331275
The AMT record is literally some drones, world music instruments and space rock though wtf are you on about?

That Boredoms is a noisy take on synthy kraut stuff, too.

Neither are doing anything at all like LRD were doing, and to compare them outside influencing is the very reason Japanoise artists hate the term Japanoise because there's a lot more variety in that scene than a term like that would make one believe.
>>
>>71331383
>Literally copying one of the most famous rock bands of all time

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>71331454
I've never heard of anyone using the term japanoise, nor have I ever used it, or will ever use it. So who gives a fuck.

>The AMT record is literally some drones, world music instruments and space rock though wtf are you on about?

Like I said, better than anything LRD ever did.

>That Boredoms is a noisy take on synthy kraut stuff, too.

Like I said, better than anything LRD ever did.
>>
>>71331490
Different isn't better. This is borderline off topic garbage. Grow up. All you can do is say muh better muh worst. At least say something with substance or stop posting and gtfo 4chan.
>>
File: Mucore.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
Mucore.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>71331419
They are mucore though.
>>
>>71331419
Now this narrative is just antisocial insanity.
>>
>>71331527
What is there to say, my man? LRD does not engage on the visceral level something like AMT does. It's put up on a pedestal of pedestals for absolute schlock work. Zero effort, zero gravitas. You can't find me a single work by LRD that speaks as many volumes as Shizuka's work, or AMT's work, or Boredoms' work.
>>
File: 1476992523325.jpg (134KB, 956x708px) Image search: [Google]
1476992523325.jpg
134KB, 956x708px
>>71331568
You guys dont notice how desesperate are for being different that ending consuming garbage
And how in le f*ck im antisocial INSANE?
>>
It's good ambient-ish music, their structure really shouldn't be the focus, since they are at their best when they just do this reverb sea thing.
It's basically Mac DeMarco, much slower and filled with distortion.
Good background, but then not much else.

Also they come off as poseur but most people got into them thanks to Space Funeral
>>
File: 250px-Charming_hate_and_me_002.jpg (6KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Charming_hate_and_me_002.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
>>71331436
>>
Fushitsusha > LDR
>>
>>71331604
Well, that's because LRD's work, unlike those guys, isn't on the conventional end of being viscerally interesting. LRD's work is more strictly based on that sorta weird hypnotic feeling/additional sound that appears from achieving harmonic overtones through having both a very raw sound and loud volume. Since LRD doesn't also spend a lot of musical space having conventional visceral music through more percussive elements, they get a far more full sound than someone that has a wide variety of percussive elements like AMT or Boredoms. Not only that, but LRD also have a far more lush sound than others in that scene who also chase overtones (Fushitsusha and Shizuka), who tend to have a more abrasive freeform sound which, again, is more conventionally visceral.
>>
Honestly, i don't get the hate. it's a good band, they make good music. Mizutani's voice is hit or miss for a lot of people tho, and that's what i can understand the most for someone to dislike them. It's just that the absolute hate there is towards them and how people cannot just consider the fact that some people reaaally like them is just nuts to me.
>>
>>71330925
lmao NINE YEARS AND STILL LISTENING TO TAME DEMARCO HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

shut the fuck up gaily theo fucking normie positive faggot
>>
>>71331883
>they get a far more full sound than someone that has a wide variety of percussive elements like AMT or Boredoms

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTM9dSlIepQ&t=1880s
>>
>>71332242
Fuck me ignore the timestamp.
>>
>>71332242
Are you trying to prove me right? Super Roots 5 is the epitome of drums everywhere. Nor is the sound on it raw enough to get the fuller LRD sound.
>>
>>71332392
>Super Roots 5 is the epitome of drums everywhere

Yes. You said [LRD] get a far more full sound than someone that has a wide variety of percussive elements. Super Roots 5 proves you wrong. SR5 is more full sounding than any LRD release. It has drums, yes. And that LRD achieves their full sound without as many drums is novel. I was merely focusing on that one sentence.
>>
>>71332433
>SR5 is more full sounding than any LRD release
Nah. Maybe so for like the acoustic sounding stuff or their sparse 80s stuff or Heavier Than A Death, but everything else sounds far more full because each and every tone is just so raw that it ends up covering more space. It's a similar philosophy of analog vs digital, lower fidelity vs higher fidelity where the earlier takes up more space frequency wise than the latter.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.