[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need to talk about track 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9113.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9113.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
Okay I feel like I can use this as an example of a bigger concept in music I don't understand and maybe one of you can explain.

You know what the fuck I'm talking about before I even say it, why'd they have to mar track 1 with that ear piercing ring? It seems like such a great song if i could just not hear that, but I hear people say that they outright love that part. I go through a lot of music and so as I was finally going through anco's discography from the beginning it really hit me hard considering this is the first song the world heard of them. I get that theres some sort of symbolic effect of having it be there, thats not what I'm asking about. Its just like how does this not give you a headache/ear damage? This applies to noise music as a whole, I definitely feel as though I have failed to understand the appeal at all. This is hard for me to accept because I consider myself a lover and student of music and so many other lovers of music out there consider this to be one of their top albums ever. Please don't get all defensive and angry on me because I'm not trying to hate or be like "wow why the fuck do you fags like this" im genuinely seeking to understand.

>tldr
>explain that fucking noise on track 1 and why it doesnt ruin the experience
>>
>>71329443
I love track 1, it might be my favorite. The synthy part of the song to me goes well with the noisey part. I also generally like noisey music. How do you feel about the rest of the album like (untitled)?
>>
Eisegesis. In other words, you don't want to appear a plebeian for liking a shitty pop album, so you ascribe deeper meaning to it.
>>
The contrast with the beauty of the song underneath and the harsh noise is totally blissful. A total spiritual listening experience imo.
>>
Something doesnt have to be pleasant or easily accessible to be good.

Why do I like the noise? To be frank it's the feeling I get listening to it, No real explanation really. Something in me is drawn to it and makes me feel good.
>>
I fucking hated this too. I didn't listened yet to the entire album because of this shit. But I will listen to it all through one day. For me, this noise ruined the track
>>
>>71329871
just listen to the rest of it now
>>
I thought it was too "noisy" when i first listened to it but oddly enough by the end of the song i found it really comforting and lovely
>>
I think it works well with the repetition and makes it very calming and meditative. It took something I thought was inherently harsh, and worked it into something soothing, which is intriguing as fuck and one of the reasons I love this album so much.
>>
>>71329871
theres like 3 noisey tracks total
>>
April and the Phantom is a fucking masterpiece, like, the best song of the last 25 years
>>
>>71329978
Also, the noise in the beginning is fucking awesome. It freaked me out when i listened to it in the first time, now it seems magical to me. Like harmony in chaos.
>>
>>71329960
not enough imo
>>
>>71329978
>t. Someone who has heard barely any music from the past 25 years
Stop making statements like that, you obvious child.
>>
Goddamn I love untitled.
The combination of the noise and the soothing chimes creates an impossibly calming feeling, made me get emotional the first time I heard it
>>71329978
It really is a masterpiece. Probably not the best song of the last 25 years but one of them.
>>
>Its just like how does this not give you a headache/ear damage?
This is retarded. The only way music of any variety will hurt is if you play it at too high a volume. Otherwise you're exaggerating just to defame the music. Stupid fag.
>>
>>71330316
Is this true? My brother always complain when I listen to stuff like early AnCo or Merzbow. I've always suspected your statement might be right, but do you have a source?
>>
>>71330316
Oh so listen to it at really really quiet levels? Fuck you
>>
>>71329443
That is actually my favorite anco song.
>>
>>71329871
people will give you shit but that's the way I was for a long time. best thing to do is just periodically give it chances, or listen to the rest of the album without it. eventually you'll be able to sync to the noise and not treat it as harsh but as another sound - that's when it becomes beautiful.
>>
>>71329882
>>71330559
Damn, I listened to the entire album and it doesn't clicked to me(yet?). April and the phantom is good, even with that noise on the beginning.
>>
>>71330805
It takes time man, as it does a lot of /mu/core stuff. One day you'll catch it in the right frame of mind and it'll click.
>>
>>71331195
For some reason, MPP took a few listens to fully click for me, but I liked Spirit They've Gone pretty instantaneously
>>
File: Cwx2kRmXcAUbOSO.jpg (37KB, 610x521px) Image search: [Google]
Cwx2kRmXcAUbOSO.jpg
37KB, 610x521px
dude April and the Phantom is easily one of my top 10 songs of all time, it's so beautiful but the fucking screech in the beginning i just don't understand.
never been into "spiritual" shit so i don't think there's some godlike meaning to the loud autism sounds
idk i just think avey and panda liked it so they did it. no other reason
>>
When the fuck did this board get so pleb? The United States of America hate threads, LRD hate threads, and now people are afraid of noise pop
>>
>>71331628
>When the fuck did this board get so pleb?
a long time ago
people are coming here and posting tomppabeats feels vaporwave shit
>>
people that its favorite song is alvin row ?
>>
>>71331446
Every AnCo album needed some time to click for me
>>
>>71329443
they discovered feedback looks and thought it was cool so they put it on there. if you go behind the scenes of this album it doesn't seem nearly as mystical.
>>
>>71333652
*loops
>>
>>71329443
>a bigger concept in music

sweet jesus OP. What you have to understand is that a lot of albums that have high frequencies like this is simply because the artist likes it. It doesn't have to have any sort of appeal or reason, they just have different opinions towards sounds than you. Anco have said in interviews that they just find those high frequencies comforting sometimes, just like low end or a mix of both. There is really nothing more too it.

What I suggest is giving the song time, and try listening to the melody. One of the things these guys do amazing jobs at is simply writing really great melodies for various instruments and sounds. I remember going back to some danse manattee tracks and actually focusing on one sound and following the melody (instead of just worrying about its texture) and was blown away.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.