[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl in [Current Year]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: vinyl.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
Why do you buy vinyl?

For me it's this: your hard drive won't last forever. You won't pass down an old dusty laptop. My grandparents had records, my mom passed her records on to me, and I plan on providing my absolute favorites for my son/daughter/niece/nephew. Sure, they'll be on the internet somewhere, but it won't always reach them that way, and there's something special about having that thing in your hands and playing a full album.
>>
>>71325452
that photo is horrible
>>
File: unnamed.png (56KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
56KB, 220x220px
Compact discs are superior in every way still
>>
>>71326269
audio wise sure, but CDs don't last like records. Discs and cassettes gradually wear out, while old vinyl still plays well
>>
>>71326430
this is simply incorrect
>>
>>71326516
No it isn't. CDs are prone to all kinds of degradation that it is widely believed give it less of a lifespan than vinyl.

There is a layer of aluminum which makes CDs susceptible to oxidation over time, no matter how well kept they are, which is not the case with vinyl. You're wrong.
>>
>>71326781
Records literally wear out a tiny bit every time you listen to them
>>
>>71326430
> but CDs don't last like records

I think it's too soon to say that. CDs only exist for around 30 years now, compared to 70 years old vinyl, and while there are clear reports of rotting CDs, they're mostly caused by manufacturing defect rather than a natural thing.

That being said, I also prefer vinyl because it has been proven to last a long-ass time, if reasonably well-kept. Despite that, I already have a digital copy (be it download or, in rare cases, direct vinyl rips) of them anyway.
>>
>>71326859
That's fair to say. I guess the main 'leaving a legacy' aspect of their appeal to me is just that that's what's been around when it was passed down and down.
>>
I listen to a lot of free improv and free jazz and often it's honestly easier to stumble across an LP or CD in a record store than find it online. Also, those types of recordings maintain their value well. Also, jazz/improv liner notes are often good reads.
>>
>>71328054
i like those liners that kind of put you in the room of the sessions, the mood of the day, etc
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.