[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Tupac and Biggie meme needs to end.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: biggie-tupac.jpg (290KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
biggie-tupac.jpg
290KB, 1200x675px
They're not the greatest rappers of all time, it's just a stupid thing people feel obligated to say, people who haven't even listened to his discography simply repeat they're the best of all time. People have started to say Dr. Dre is one of the greatest of all times, this is also a meme. This is people who're repeating what other people said, if you ask these people if they've listened to Tupacs entire discography they'll know a couple songs but that's it.
>>
Dre's The Chronic deserves it's praise. Big/Pac people only like because they died, just like Kurt.
>>
>>71314541
this, from what I heard 2pac and Biggie were next to nobodies in the mainstream, and when they died, that's when the "Greatest of all time" thing happened.
>>
>>71314541
>>71314648
>>71314667
Have you fucking retards ever HEARD a Notorious B.I.G. album?
>>
>>71314829
Juicy is one of my favorite rap songs ever but the rest of his stuff is mediocre.
>>
File: wrong.webm (244KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.webm
244KB, 600x544px
>>71315088
>>
everyone knows kanye is the greatest rapper of all time
>>
>>71314541
2pac is just so fucking boring
>muh thug life
>muh mommy
>muh poltics
>muh history
combine that with a boring ass voice and flow
>>
>>71314667
They were ridiculously famous in their lifetimes though. Tupac particularly was all over MTV and a constant media headliner.
>>
So who is the best? I'm in the mood for some old school.
>>
>>71315368
Kool G Rap, Scarface, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Krs-One, GZA,, Jadakiss, Nas, Big L if you want good lyricism
>>
Biggie is hella overrated
But PAC was fucking EVERYWHERE dude
Like jayz in the 2000's everywhere
Like drake in the 2010's everywhere
And to be honest, for an artist that big he did have alot of new ideas (for his time)
There's a reason old white people still use thug as a racist insult.
>>
>>71314541
Tupac is the greatest of all time, ask any rapper
>>
>>71315248
Nobody else was doing it at the time tho
It had west coast bounce and east coast bluntness, which was got him a lotta clout during the whole "east coast vs West coast" lameness that was going on
>>
>>71315248
Rapping about a variety of topics is boring?
>>
>>71314541
The only people who say this have barely listened to any hip hop. Don't pay it any mind
>>
>>71315088

Nah, ready to die is solid throughout. I'm feeling a decent to strong 8 on this thing.
>>
>>71314541
they are tho. theyre the first big mainstream rappers to become house hold names, and everyone has been copying them since.
>>
biggie fanboys are fucking weird

liking him is one thing, but people who have him as their favorite rapper tend to be complete weirdos.
>>
Biggie is indisputably top ten, Tupac is basically a competent gangster Hopsin.
>>
>>71314541
biggie was decent af, never considered his fat ass a legend
>>
>>71314541
Biggie is absolutely one of the best of all time. He came out with Ready to Die at 22. Show me a better, more powerful and skillfully put together rap album made by someone that age or younger.
>>
>>71319620
nas
>>
>>71319638
If Illmatic and It Was Written were all Nas released, I would probably have to consider him as one of the best. In terms of taste, I simply prefer Ready To Die over Illmatic. Wouldn't begrudge anyone with this opinion tho
>>
Biggie and Pac may not be the best technically skilled rappers but they where the definition of a rap star, especially Pac. the guy was already doing movies and was a household name
>>
All memes need to end. Not just memes, fucking everytying needs to end. Who cares about a couple of rappers? Who cares about bitching about music online? It's all for nothing and it all leads to nothing. Just like everything else. Just like life.
>>
>>71314829
can't be the greatest of all time with only 2 albums in my opinion. He is an Icon and a great but not the best.
>>
>>71314541
Dr Dre is one of the greatest hip hop arists ever. Biggie is a potential greatest of all time, a little shirt discog due to his death though. 2pac is overrated
>>
Biggie's flow was impeccable I'm not gonna lie that's a credible reason for respecting him. I've tried to get into 2pac but I just can't. Like I really want to because every person and every rapper thinks he's the best and like yeah I guess he covered some important topics but it just doesn't sound good like his flow isn't that good on anything I've heard and the beats sound dated as shit. I mean if anyone has any 2pac songs/albums that they think would change my mind I'd like to hear it because I want to know what I'm missing
>>
g
>>
>>71319620
I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside - Earl Sweatshirt

I believe he started on this when he was 21, put it out when he was turning 22 and it's an infinitely better record. Solace is also very promising
>>
File: download.jpg (18KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
18KB, 234x215px
>>71314541
They are great rappers.
However, company flow> biggie and tupac
This is coming from a hiphophead too.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>71323048
Joey made one of the greatest mixtapes at 17
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.