[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: kcred.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kcred.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
>most boring album in their discog that's considered "good"
>vocals are lackluster
>unemotional af
>impressive =/= good
>starless is the most overhyped song ive ever listened to

please don't kill me
>>
which is your favorite KC album?
>>
>>71309859
>Unpopular Opinions

there are NO good prog rock bands
>>
>>71309903
This is true. There are no good rock bands period.
>>
>>71309881
tied between itcotck and larks' tongues
I also really liked absent lovers and discipline
>>
Prog rock is for people who are too wimpy to handle punk and metal but also too dumb to handle art and experimental music.
>>
m b v is absolute garbage and not at all worthy of the band name

shields should have released it as a solo album so it would have gotten the 0.6/10.0 it deserves
>>
>>71309916
h*ck off turny
>>
Smokey Robinson > The Beatles
>>
>>71309859

I really enjoy Red, I like the kind of darker atmosphere and, for lack of a better word, stronger/harsher sound. Never really had an issue with Wetton's vocals, they're not the most amazing, but they work with the album. I also really enjoy the buildup and overall structure of Starless.
>>
>>71309859
this album is at the very least a 9/10
>>
>>71310211
Red is probably the most metal King Crimson album of the 70's.
>>
>>71310321

Yeah, that's what I should of said instead of harsher, I like that more metal aspect of Red.
>>
>Era Vulgaris is a fantastic album.
>Saturday Night Wrist is the best Deftones album.
>Only assholes honestly think with sincerity that Bleach is the best Nirvana album.
>Graduation aged. Bad.
>Lady Gaga>insert/mu/ waifu here. And not because she's attractive, because her music is great.
>/mu/tants wouldn't have the taste they did if it wasn't cool decades before they were doing it.
>Twenty-one Pilots isn't half bad. They're not edgy and cool enough to be the new in-crowd band, but they are anyways, and that has me kind of dissapointed. It reminds me that nobody gives a shit about rock anymore.
>Bits and pieces of St. Anger are really good, and you can see where they failed and succeeded like the rings of a tree stump. Frantic is an awesome song. I genuinely like Lars "Napster" Ulrich's pot and pans sound. I think better production and mixing to compliment the things they were going for would have helped the album a lot.
>>71309903
>>71309916
>>71309928
Is it warm and comfortable inside your own ass?

>>71309941
It's hard to counter contrarian opinions when all you're saying is "IT SUCKS." For the record, my response is "nah"

>>71310258
Seconded
>>
>>71310012

The reason being is that Smokey simply had more of an overall impact. He was perfectly positioned to influence a ton of musicians; being a singer, songwriter, producer and executive.
>>
>>71310433
>>Era Vulgaris is a fantastic album.
MY NIGGA. Turnin On The Screw, Into The Hollow, and Make It Wit Chu are some of my favorite QotSA tracks. I mean, when compared to their other albums like SFTD, sure it's outshadowed, but damn is it still good.
>>
>>71310211
OP here
The atmosphere to me was a nice touch, but I found the guitars sounded cheesy and like the album was trying way too hard to be moody. Maybe this is just a mixing issue, but the drums had little to no impact or punch to them, and the guitars again lacked any crispness. It was darker and more metal, I agree, but it was poorly executed IMO.
>>
>>71310433
You're a pretty positive, non-cynical guy, Anon. I aspire to be like you.
>>
>>71310733
What mix did you listen to?
Steven Wilson's mixes on the 40th Anniversary editions are usually god-tier.
>>
File: The_Glowing_Man_(Front_Cover).jpg (101KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Glowing_Man_(Front_Cover).jpg
101KB, 300x300px
This is better than To Be Kind and The Seer.
>>
>>71309859
way more dynamic, original, and engrossing than any other KC album wtf
>>
>>71311720
they're all shit
>>
You cant not jam to brifords drumming on the first three tracks and fallen angel is so well written. Starless is a bit overrated ill give you that but its a great closer for the last album of the best king crimson lineup
>>
>>71310433
>>Saturday Night Wrist is the best Deftones album.
Hey you got that right at least
>>
>>71309928
>too wimpy to handle punk
But there's nothing to handle. A majority of punk is just glorified pop music. It's boring and predictable.
>>
Hatful of Hollow is crazy overrated and The Smiths s/t is better overall. Plus all the tracks that they share sound much better on the album
If it wasn't for How Soon Is Now nobody would give a shit about it
>>
>>71310433
>/mu/tants wouldn't have the taste they did if it wasn't cool decades before they were doing it.
that's literally just a fact, and it's not as insulting as you think it is
>>
>>71311853
>>Saturday Night Wrist is the best Deftones album.
unironically the worst deftones album, contrarian scum
>>
File: 1487192145824.png (102KB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1487192145824.png
102KB, 276x260px
>>71309859
>Fallen Angel
>unemotional

I think you meant shit opinions OP
>>
Hi Scrim.
>>
File: bark-psychosis-hex-1994.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bark-psychosis-hex-1994.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
I like this better than the 2 final Talk Talk albums
>>
>>71309859
Crassly Commercial pop music, as the pure expression of the nihilistic death drive at the core of late capitalism, achieves an eldritch beauty far beyond the reach of self-aware 'indie' auteurs.
>>
>>71312426
Irony is a meme
>>
>>71312426
Can't tell if memeing or just pretentious, but I still agree.
>>
>>71309928

lol jesus.

It's possible to appreciate both prog and punk rock, there's even genres that fuse both. wew
>>
>>71309941

Factually incorrect. MBV was always a band of slight improvement through iteration. It took Shields nearly a decade to come to the Loveless sound, and m b v is basically one-third Loveless reiteration and two-thirds disassembly of Loveless and tinkering with the pieces. It's more representative of what MBV as a band actually are rather than what the legend of Loveless has made them out to be.
>>
>>71311720

I agree with this, actually. Seer comes damn close, though. TBK is pretty overrated, though.
>>
>>71312763
That may be so, but the album and the music is still garbage that could have very well gone unreleased for ever.
>>
>>71310433
I'm having trouble understanding this sentence
>>
>>71311720
STFU dude
>>
File: IMG_8873.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8873.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>71309859
Best album for all EDM. Fight me
>>
>>71311871
/thread
>>
>>71312426
>Nihilism
>Beauty
No. And commercially successful pop music has less and less to do with music as time goes on. I'm sure you're aware of this. I'm sure you're aware of this, so it's not like the industry is trying to achieve what you described or taking itself that or seriously at all.
>>
>>71309859
>Starless
>Unemotional
No.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.