[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways to spot a fake music enthusiast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (526KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
526KB, 1200x800px
>he uses flowcharts to decide which order to listen to an artists releases in
>he does not own or download any singles
>he does not listen to massive umbrellas of music such as Electronic Dance Music or Classical Music
>he has never been to a proper club
>he mainly finds music through publications such as pitchfork, resident advisor, tinymixtapes, e.t.c. (or from recommendations of other people who do that)
>he places too high of a value on lyricism and dislikes good music for 'bad lyrics'
>he thinks that certain musical genres are 'not music'
>he almost exclusively listens to a single genre
>he cant play a song that people will enjoy at a party which he also enjoys
>>
you forgot
>is insecure to the point of making lists of traits taht truly only serve to somehow reinforce his own lacking authenticity
>>
>>71301376
>if you are bothered by inauthenticity then it must mean YOU are inauthentic!!

damn........
>>
>>71301347
>he places too high of a value on lyricism and dislikes good music for 'bad lyrics'

This is actually patrician. Bad lyrics ruin music. If the artist gave a shit at all they'd bother to make the lyrics ok.

Reminder
>lyrics don't matter lmao
Is a meme you will grow out of in your early twenties.
>>
>>71301586
how do you define bad lyrics?
>>
>>71301376
got him lmao
>>
>>71301347
>he does not own or download any singles
this is bullshit
all the rest is correct
>>
>>71301703
>only listens to rock
>>
>>71301703
it really is not bullshit, if you dont own or download any singles then you are clearly not enthusiastic about music
>>
>>71301376
>>71301561
>if you hate people who chew loudly then YOU chew loudly

damn....................
>>
>>71301612
Not sure if I have a working criteria but I mean along the lines of obviously random bullshit or sounds stupid and cringey, flowery pseudo poetic.... Is it just me but I think Cedric from Mars Volta is one of the all time worst lyricists for example.
>>
>>71301586
>lyrics
>mattering in the AURAL medium
What about instrumental music or lyrics in a language unfamiliar to the listener? What about artists that will sometimes purposefully switch to giberrish? Lyrics are the sheer antithesis to music's ability for being a more "universal language"
>>
>>71301808
>simplifying an artistic expression down to the way it is perceived
people make music
>>
>>71301808
>What about instrumental music or lyrics in a language unfamiliar to the listener?
Ok, but it can still sound bad if the stanza don't fit etc
>What about artists that will sometimes purposefully switch to giberrish?
Usually hacks but it can be done sure! As long as it's not bad
>Lyrics are the sheer antithesis to music's ability for being a more "universal language"
Wrong, no one stated the purpose of lyrics but if he lyrics are bad(by however it is) then it definitely detracts from the music bc true lyrics could be good
>>
>>71301720
wrong

>>71301725
and why?
>>
>>71301957
why would you intentionally deprive yourself of music based on the format it was released on
>>
>>71301880
>stanza doesn't fit
That's rhythm though and entirely in the realm of music.

>usually hacks
So you always want there to be lyrics whenever there are vocals? Isn't that a bit narrow minded?

>Wrong, no one stated the purpose of lyrics but if he lyrics are bad(by however it is) then it definitely detracts from the music bc true lyrics could be good
But lyrics have nothing to do with the music. They are poetry. And usually pretty mediocre at best poetry, too (even the likes of Dylan and Cohen don't match up to the average poets.)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.