[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mark Kozelek is an aged man who has lost nearly all of his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: p4k.png (151KB, 459x429px) Image search: [Google]
p4k.png
151KB, 459x429px
>Mark Kozelek is an aged man who has lost nearly all of his talent. We at Pitchfork refuse to validate this man's awful antics as of late.

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>71300666
he trashed laura snapes and will forever play the price
>>
File: relevant tweet.png (24KB, 511x279px) Image search: [Google]
relevant tweet.png
24KB, 511x279px
>>
>>71300666
They set him up for a fall. He got the Bill Simmons treatment.
>>
>>71301483
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia too.

It's an move to undermine white culture.

Kozelek actually probably dindu nuffin.
>>
Misty confirmed for the one true voice.
>>
>>71300666
where did they say this and what did he do?
>>
>>71301573
for nu-males
>>
Can someone summarize this drama please?
>>
>>71301559
yep. Oscars 'mishap' same thing.
>>
>>71301458
Hi Eric Taxxon
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>71301618
The WWE is more subtle.
>>
>>71301608
this. i have no idea what's going on. i just know him from red house painters.
>>
>>71301573
Misty will tow the party line, so he will be propped up as a visionary. Anyone with a different opinion will be shunned.
>>
>>71301666
>>71301608
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/04/i-interviewed-mark-kozelek-he-called-me-a-bitch-on-stage
some p4k writer went gaga for mark after benji dropped. kept harassing him for an exclusive interview and even started calling his friends and bandmates for info. mark told her to fuck off backstage at a show and then explained the situation about her live at that same show. and called her a rich blogger brat who wants to have his kids.
then after that she made sure she trashed him and all her buddies have been doing the same since
>>
>>71301676
yup. Or set up to fail like Kozelek.
>>
Pitchfork is no longer music related then
>>
>>71301723
the entirety of the US mainstream media (which includes p4k) is a sham.
>>
>>71301702
Hahaha roastie BTFO. You don't fuck with a crab cake-eating middle aged man who can't stop burping
>>
>>71301702
thanks. not this shit again.
>>
didn't we expect this shit
>>
As much as I don't like P4K, this is fake news
>>
>>71301955
yep, the only question was whether MK was a puppet or a victim. I now suspect victim.
>>
>>71301995
Don't you have a country to run?
>>
Let's be perfectly honest here. As much as anyone may get deep meaning or satisfaction from this guy's lyrics or music, the fact remains he's not a very good singer and doesn't have much of a gift for melodies.

I'm not talking about this pitchfork nonsense, I haven't read any of their reviews of his work. Just plainly stating that he may be a good musician in other ways, but his voice and melodies aren't anything special.
>>
>>71302351
listen to this buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
>>
>>71300666
100% right. Only deluded fanboys will think otherwise. How can you guys truly believe that all of his albums post April are remotely even good? He doesn't sing, his lyrics are atrocious and so is everything else. He is the definition of an untalanted hack.
>>
>>71302351
Yet somehow he managed to eek out a 25+ year career.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>71300666
>mediocre musician gets mediocre score

and why should I care
>>
>>71302367
I must admit, the music here sounds great, and his voice starts down a good path at the beginning of a few of the verses.

Still, the vocal quickly meanders into mediocrity that could really be from anyone. I'm not saying it's terrible or anything, there's just nothing special about his delivery.

>>71302516
eke*
>>
benji was good, universal themes was shit, this would be good if it was 5 songs long
>>
>>71301458
go home eric
>>
>>71302351
>not a very good singer
>no gift for melodies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRA7weVyLs
He completely switched his style about 5 years ago. His melodies were some of the best ever, listen to Michael and tell me he doesn't have "a gift for melody".
>>
>>71302660
Carry Me Ohio is one of my favourite songs from Mark.I wonder if he'll ever make another album similar to Ghosts
>>
I saw him a few months ago playing with jesu and it was the worst show ive ever seen, walked out after a few songs. Had no idea he basically does stream of conscious, played no classics, just an awful presentation of music.
>>
>>71302660
This. Dude moved on around Admiral Fell Promises and Among The Leaves. At his age, it's probably smarter to make the music he makes now anyway.

Basically >>71302351 is a faggot
>>
>>71302719
It's called April. I did think that the second half of the new record, especially Early June Blues and I love Portugal felt like a callback to the solemn, nocturnal folk he did in the early 00s.
>>
>>71301458
no one is going to follow you on twitter eric
>>
>>71302660
It's decent, sure. Again, not saying he sucks. It's nothing exceptional or even memorable though.

I'm glad you and other people enjoy it, it's just mediocre melody-wise for the vast majority.
>>
>>71302851
what do you find exceptional then?
im always curious to listen to better stuff
>>
>>71302851
You're wrong, and stop acting like your opinion has any kind of authority. Listen to Red House Painters' early stuff ffs. Brilliant, aching, delicate melodies. His early stuff is just too sad for normies.
>>
>>71302882
kozelek has an exceptional gift for melody I don't know what that guy is talking about
>>
>>71302851
Not to rag on you like others, but you're exceptionally close-minded. Just go back to Tame Impala or whatever.
>>
kozelek would've gotten 8+ if he was black
>>
>>71302927
not true
dean blunt has criticized p4k and other white journalist and he gets panned every time
>>
>>71302882
Not that they're my favorite bands, but I find some beautiful melodies in some material from Dirty Three, The Six Parts Seven, Nick Drake, Bibio, Chet Baker, Grouper, The Radio Dept. A wide variety of others. Could be an apples/oranges situation, but those are all artists with exceptional melodies especially compared with SKM.

>>71302896
Not wrong, it's just an opinion and I offer no authority behind it. I've heard more Red House Painters than SKM.
>>
>>71302918
Of all the criticisms you could have used, "close-minded" is perhaps one of the most presumptuous and unfounded.
>>
>>71303032
I'm a different anon, you sausage. Also I wasn't far off with Tame Impala considering The Radio Dept. and Bibio you mentioned.

My guess is Mark isn't for you. That's fine, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet that's not because he can't form a decent melody, but because you just can't appreciate the style he exhibits.
>>
>>71303060
Yeah I could tell you were a different one. Don't see how Tame Impala relates to The Radio Dept or the majority of Bibio's work, but that's fine because I like Tame Impala too.

It seems he isn't for me, but the fact that other people enjoy what he puts out is fine. But again, I did say he has decent/passable melodies. I'm not saying he isn't a competent musician and I do appreciate some of what he does, it's just not very special in the aspects I mentioned.
>>
>>71303009
i love those bands tbqh. hmm maybe marks emotional connection is why i prefer him over those lately.
>>
>>71300700
>play the price
>pay the part
>>
>>71303191
I can see what you're saying. His melodies aren't particularly complex and they're often repetitive. Most of his songs have a somber, nostalgic aesthetic. I personally think they're beautiful though, especially the stuff he was putting out earlier in his career.

https://youtu.be/CqM2BZVyLRk?t=1m9s
>>
>>71303315
That sounds really nice. Not that this was your intention, but I'll listen to more SKM before I spout off next time.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.