[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First 5 songs on shuffle, accompanied by the story of how you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: YPAA.jpg (30KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
YPAA.jpg
30KB, 750x750px
>Hum - Songs of Farewell and Departure
I got rec'd this album on /mu/ in like 2013/14-ish after i posted some shitty chart. this was around the time that i started posting on /mu/ and my taste at the time was pretty much mostly just 90s dadrock (Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Pearl Jam, etc.), and the anon that rec'd me this album was the only genuine reply among a sea of replies simply calling me a pleb faggot (which was true). If they still browse here, i just want them to know i think about them often.

>Deftones - Lhabia
i've known about deftones for ages but only started actually listening to them after i found out they were the favorite band of my (now ex) gf. Said song is a favorite by them.

>Sunny Day Real Estate - Friday
I found out about SDRE because i kept seeing the album art for Diary posted on /mu/. I went into it expecting something more like modern emo (bad) but was pleasantly surprised with an album i now consider somewhere in my top 25 all time favorites. LP2 didn't hit the same but is an interesting listen nonetheless.

>Slowdive - Sing
Saw this album get posted on /mu/ often and finally decided to listen after a friend rec'd me it. it's not bad but not as great as some of you make it out to be tbqh

>Nick Drake - Place to Be
Of course i found out about Nick Drake from /mu/. I kept seeing pink moon's beautiful album art in charts and it intrigued me. Went into it expecting psychedelic rock or something. Said track is a favorite of mine
>>
>>71299326

Hum is dope man. Why I Like The Robins has to be my favorite song by them. Glad you discovered Sunny Day Real Estate as well.
>>
>>71299692
WILTR was coincidentally the favorite hum song of the ex gf i mentioned in the OP
>>
File: 20160205_223753.png (2MB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
20160205_223753.png
2MB, 747x1328px
Ramstein - Links: Retarded Animal Babies on newgrounds introduced me to Ramstein. I decided to buy Made In Germany and it's been a staple of my car's playlist ever since.

Ennio Morricone - Mexican Standoff: After watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for film studies, i grew fond of the soundtrack's composer. I was amazed to find one copy left of the soundtrack at my local music store too.

D'angelo - Untitled (how does it feel): This one's interesting. I was actually clickbaited into this on youtube. A clip of "American Dad: Is She Not Hot Enough?" introduced me to his music when they parodied Untitled.

Earth Wind and Fire - Fall in love with me: First introduction to this band was through Drumline where i heard In The Stone. I found a 4-CD best-of collection album for $20 and they've been my most-played band ever since.

London Boys - Harlem Desire: I'm pretty sure i clicked on this from one of TheBoogie's tumblr posts.
>>
>Fairport Convention - Eastern Rain
/mu/ introduced me to this band

>You Slut! - Jarabew
I'm not sure. I think I first saw this album on /mu/

>The Smashing Pumpkins - Starla
Honestly, my earliest point of reference for Smashing Pumpkins was Guitar Hero. Some years later, I started listening to Siamese Dream and eventually came across Pisces Iscariot.

>The Beach Boys - Noble Surfer
Got into the Beach Boys after watching [spoiler]Love & Mercy[/spoiler]. This is a nice piece of filler from SUrfin' USA.

>Doris - Don't
/mu/.
>>
>>71300466
>Starla
oh man, that brings me back. great bside.

>Saif B - Sea of Tranquility
he's a friend of mine.
>Jakob Thiesen - Crickets, far and close perspective
I'm a field recordist myself so him share this on an online forum. the location (Point Pelee National Park) caught my attention as I had recently recorded at a similar location
>Karlheinz Stockhausen - Struktur XV
studied modern classical music at uni, this is just from a standard compilation of his electronic works that i found in a music store.
> The Gerogerigege - [Sound Check]
its hard to be into noise music without knowing about these guys, cant remember the details about this one.
>Toshiya Tsunoda - Air Vibration of Elevator Motor Room in Stairwell
similarly, hard not to know about Tsunoda if you get into field recording as much as i have. i probably discovered him when researching Japanese sound culture for a project.

nice thread idea, OP. it was fun reminiscing.
>>
I found all my music being a NEET all day long browsing rateyourmusic.com
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.