[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACID BATH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: acid bath.jpg (213KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
acid bath.jpg
213KB, 1500x1500px
Thoughts on Acid Bath? Could they quite possibly be the gods of Sludge Metal? Who tops them?

links plz
>>
>>71294270
eyehategod
>>
Eyehategod
>>
>>71294270
nobody tops them

>>71294362
>>71294369
these guys are good, though
>>
>>71294270
acid bath is fucking awesome
>>
>>71294270
It's a pretty much perfect album.

Too bad it can't be found on stream services, I can only seem to find it on youtube.
>>
Acid Bath is alright. I remember them being worshiped in my circle of friends all throughout high school. Eyehategod shits all over them though.

The gods of sludge are (the) Melvins.
>>
Eyehategod
Melvins
Noothgrush
Grief
Iron Monkey
Corrupted
Crowbar

^I would put those guys above Acid Bath

Along with Down and Thou, that makes up the top 10 imo in the realm of sludge.
>>
>>71294270
no one that i've heard, desu.

which album by them do you guys prefer? i went through a period where i thought paegan terrorism tactics was the superior album, but it got really old after a while. although i still really love both albums. WtKSP is just so oppressive and angry in a beautiful sort of way, it never gets old. thoughts?
>>
Slightly heavier Drowning Pool
>>
>>71294527
It was the exact opposite for me, i got super into WTKSP and then PTT. As much as i love both albums, i think wtksp is superior, every song on that album is great, i find that there are a select few i could do without on ptt. Wtksp is so much heavier and each song feels like they match together.
>>
primitive man is the shit
https://youtu.be/6vZBEPjpcHo
>>
>>71294517
i disagree. Crowbar is just shitter pantera
>>
Acid Bath and Crowbar literally sound like if Nickelback took themselves too seriously
>>
>>71294666
Saw them with Cult Leader and Dragged Into Sunlight last year. Really unimpressive. Just a couple fat dudes making a bunch of noisy feedback.
>>
>>71294270
Ricky Paxton and the Chain Wallet Gaslights!
>>
>>71294657
i know what you mean by every song matching. it seems like wtksp's flow is much better. it's like the first half is building up to scream of the butterfly, which is a brief interlude from the heavy distortion and feedback of the previous songs, then it descends into chaos again. whereas ptt seems to fluctuate in intensity too rapidly, there are less moments that "shine through" so to speak
>>
>>71294270
What is some good level 1 music fellow gypsy tilt brother?
>>
>>71294685
pleeb detected
>>
>>71294799
just put it in your ear holes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvVP6UZbqbA
>>
>>71294760
Have you ever looked at WTKSP as a concept album about Gacy? I know its farfetched but if you look at it that way, it kind of makes sense. But yeah as i was saying, the flow is so much more pleasing than ptt. The whole production value seems to be way more on point and the dynamic of the band really shines through on that first album. I always like to compare wtksp and ptt to nevermind and in uetro, nevermind has a high production quality, whereas in utero seems more raw and less "touched up". i look at wtksp and ptt in a similar light. wtksp is overproduced, whilst ptt is raw and has that garage/self produced vibe.
>>
>>71294674
Crowbar is definitely more riffy than Pantera what are you talking about?
>>
>>71294839
I don't think acid bath is that deep, dude
>>
>>71295104
any work of art is as deep as you're able to dive into it
>>
>>71295189
wew lad.
>>
>>71295189
u just don't know what music is than.
>>
>>71295199
>>71295349
prove me wrong
>>
>>71295349

he's say wew lad i couldn't agree more

or at least he better be because the post he's replying to is right
>>
>>71295572
Does this make something like Friday by Rebecca Black intellectually valid for someone who's able to write a detailed bit on how it covers existential themes by going through various moments of one's life?
>>
>>71295857
if they can provide a well-reasoned argument based on the content of the song, absolutely. art is about what you get out of it.
>>
>>71294722
Well that sucks, their music is actually pretty good
>>
>>71294479
This is entirely correct
>>
>nobody has posted dystopia
>>
File: weedeater 1.jpg (107KB, 985x700px) Image search: [Google]
weedeater 1.jpg
107KB, 985x700px
No love for Weedeater?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsW77UpGUQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmTYJpqqJrE
>>
>>71294270
Buttrock
>>
>>71295985
Sounds more like you give too much credence on what goes on inside your head than what it is the music itself is actually presenting.
>>
>>71294362
>>71294369
>>71294517
No. God you people are fucking stupid. Every single acid bath song has it's own unique personality and has a poetic quality to the lyrics and vocal delivery which is so unique, nothing in the entire sludge metal genre can match it. Especially not a shitty band like eyehategod who are essentially just making the same song over and over again and you can't remember a single one of them. Acid bath had so much style, so much influence, you can't match them, they are the pinacal of sludge metal, I've listened to a fuck load of sludge metal. Dystopia comes very close to them in terms of memorable songs though, and interesting songwriting. I'd say Dystopia can compete blow for blow with acid bath, but they're both in their own league.
>>
>>71300729
you can express a different opinion without being a triggered sperg you know
>>
>>71300729
>Le memorability meme
Lmao. One can go ask the average non-music if they find Bach or Beiber more memorable to see the flaws in this reasoning.

>muh each track is different meme
Sure you get to hear clean guitar parts, some parts influenced by non-sludge genres and a vocalist that sings and screams. But that's a quantity over quality argument. Most of their riffs are extremely simple, giving a sense of faux versatility. Meanwhile the riffs themselves lack the heaviness, groove, and atmosphere of other sludge music. Dax's vocals are too pretty for the genre of music, lacking visceral intensity compared to their peers.

>shitty band like Eyehategod
Eyehategod's record Take As Needed For Pain's juxtaposition between the feedback sections, the sampled bits, and the actual heavy riffs is a far more versatile set of sounds than Acid Bath's straight focus on mainly riffs/melodies.

Dystopia's a great band though. Not sure if they are sludge or crust punk though.
>>
>>71300565
art is the process of exchange between the viewer and the artwork. therefore it is up to you to determine what the music itself is actually presenting, within reason of course. if you can write a lengthy musical and lyrical analysis of black's friday, one grounded in the actual composition of the song that doesn't outright fabricate passages, how can you possibly say that's what's being written on isn't being presented by the song? it's another issue entirely to disagree with its conclusions, of course.
>>
>>71300729
M A D
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.