[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0180.png (467KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.png
467KB, 750x1334px
>Landmark record from a super unique artist
>Comfy songs, cool features
>Show You The Way is a 11/10 jam
>Gets BNM
>Mu doesn't know what to do, since it doesn't like or pay attention to black artists unless they're acclaimed by Melon and P4K at least two times a piece.

Discuss this record, or discuss why this board sucks.
>>
>>71287149
ladies and gentlemen... michael mcdonald
>>
>>71287149
nope its just wonky hip hop is a relic fromthe white indie dominated era of black electronic music. weve moved on.
>>
>>71287149
fuck you I liked thundercat well before this album happened.
>>
>>71287149
when the lyrics weren't funny, they were underwhelming. There was nice bass playing & synths, but I expect more than a good sounding 80's movie soundtrack from this guy
>>
Thundercat is pretty well-liked around /mu/. Maybe lurk harder before making retarded threads.
>>
>>71287149
>Mu doesn't know what to do, since it doesn't like or pay attention to black artists unless they're acclaimed by Melon and P4K at least two times a piece.
Incorrect, /mu/ hates Beyonce's last album
>>
I like it a lot, it's got a good personality and is just fun and interesting. I can see why some ppl would be underwhelmed by it but I really think it's the kind of album that you listen too, like, and then start to love, rather then an album that blows you away on the first listen.
>>
>>71287490
Yeah no kidding doesn't this guy know about the daily thundercat general

Wait..the only way you could get anybody here to even half know who Thundercat is to bring up TPAB, at which point they would bury you in "WE WUZ KAINGZ"
>>
Good ass album. Didnt expect the soulless autists here to like it.
>>
>>71287570
in 2010 the only black music people on here would talk about was brainfeeder. kill yourself newfag
>>
>>71287188
tell us how you feel Kenny Loggins
>>
The new Thundercat is absolute dogshit. "Lemme hit you with da funky bass, lazy disco vocals and all that jaaaaazzzzzz"

Yeah fuck you Thundercat, you piece of wannabe love-funk soul-brotha faggotry endorsing cocksocker.
>>
>>71287725
Sweet cosign honky
>>
>>71287149
Apocalypse is still his best
>>
https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=thundercat
>>
>>71287570
WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
>>71287149
He never challenged himself on the album once.
>>
>>71288131
its popular music. made to sell. its not supposed to be challenging
>>
>>71287570

Dude Thundercat's last album was on /mu/'s front page every day for a month. And he gets a lot of play in sharethreads once in a while. Your gatekeeping is bullshit.
>>
>>71287149
>super unique artist
It's literally just generic ass jazz fusion with le ebin funny lyrics on top
>>
>>71288155
I didn't mean it wasn't challenging music. I meant he didn't challenge himself i.e. get out of his comfort zone or try something he doesn't know he'll excel at.
>>
>>71287570

>Thundercat isn't spammed on a daily basis, therefore nobody on /mu/ knows who he is

lol k
>>
>>71288211
yea and as if in 2010 brainfeeder shit wasnt posted everywhere
>>
>>71287570
>the only way you could get anybody here to even half know who Thundercat is to bring up TPAB
You're so fucking stupid
Thundercat also might be the most overrated artist on Brainfeeder which is really saying a lot. If it wasn't for Flying Lotus producing almost every goddamn song (he said as much on Twitter a few days ago) nobody would care about the album. He would be the prime example of technical ability not automatically equalling good music if Dream Theater didn't exist.
>>
>>71288192
this just shows how differently people can approach music.
I like when artists do what they are good at. imo he did try something new but according to you he did the same thing he always does.
>>
If you've detected an animosity toward this album, it's likely because of it's been spammed (favourably) quite a lot since its release. It's not some sinister racial microaggression.

>Mu doesn't like to pay attention to black artists unless xyz
Wait you what my man? What board have you been lurking?
>>
>>71288238
2010 was seven years ago, I wasn't even born yet
>>71288517
did thundercat dump you
>>
>>71287149
I can't help but feel that having a bunch of half baked songs is worse than having more cohesive songs like Friend Zone. Anyone else feel the same?
>>
I love this album already, its nerdy as shit and awkward in a way that i very much relate to

also its chock full of JAMZ
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.