[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music quotes you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: 46325325345.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
46325325345.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>"Jazz is a white term to define black people. My music is black classical music."

Post them
>>
>"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard a horse sing a song" - Louis Armstrong
>>
"Magic people, Voodoo People"

~Maxim
>>
>>71286979
>Nina Simone said this

Fuck her. I could understand this quote if it was uttered by Mingus, but Nina is utter pop trash.
>>
>Jazz is a white term to define black people
Not true.

>My music is black classical music.
Again not true.

Why do you like this, op? You think it's clever or something?
>>
>>71287073
She trained as a classical pianist but could never make it in that era because of her skin colour. Sure she was a bitter, kinda fucked up woman but you sound far worse with that stupid dismissal.
>>
>>71286979
Nina Simone said this so the merit of this quote goes way the fuck down
>>
>>71287269
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 02fall_CA0-popup.jpg (55KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
02fall_CA0-popup.jpg
55KB, 432x500px
>"We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group, like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said, 'Shut them cunts up!' And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said, 'That's the Sons of Mumford' or something. 'They're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers."
>>
>>71287284
It's not like that man, she's just used as the representative of "cool cred" with black music. She didn't actually make a lot of good stuff.
>>
>>71287250
I'm not dismissing her as a person, I'm just dismissing her music, wich doesn't show any sort of classical training.
It's pop music mate, nothing more.
>>
>>71287173
Lighten up.
>>
>>71287305
Mark's a goldmine for quotes. I was always fond of
>I used to be psychic, but I drank my way out of it.
>>
>>71287398
Her studio albums were pop. If you watch her live at montreux she shows her classical routes and her live performances were known for improvisation
>>
>I don't do drugs
>what do you spend your money on?
>drugs
>for other people?
>yes
>>
>>71287448
>and her live performances were known for improvisation
Wich is not what classical piano virtuosos do.
I've heard her playing piano, and her technique is sloppy at best. She could have never made it in the classical world.

>>71287466
Later in his life he changed his mind and ended up rejecting the XX century in its entirety. Kinda sad.
>>
>>71287487
Not even the best Lou interview.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=TNxG7JnO1oA
>>
>>71287518
I'm not comparing her to classical music with her improvisation, I'm just trying to dispute you calling her 'pop trash'
>>
>>71287004
What about birds though?
>>
>>71287518
>Later in his life he changed his mind and ended up rejecting the XX century in its entirety.
what a tool. those frenchies were all about fashion. good thing the best 20th century composers were germanics and eastern europeans
>>
based
>>
File: file.png (267KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
267KB, 850x400px
>>
>>71286979
That's fucking stupid rofl
>>
File: file.png (206KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
206KB, 850x400px
>>
File: Mozartfavoritequote.png (109KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mozartfavoritequote.png
109KB, 850x400px
This one is the best and everything else sucks.
>>
>>71287977

>1791+226
>people think mozart is significant in any way at all

mozart is overrated stop this shit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.