[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Lil Yachty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 14

File: Lil Yachty.jpg (825KB, 1745x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Yachty.jpg
825KB, 1745x2044px
What does /mu/ think of Lil Yachty?
>>
don't listen to him but i i like him
>>
he's goat
>>
>>71284202
gay
>>
>>71284202
why does every rapper look like a 1/2 gay degenerate these days?
>>
Lil Yachty is lame. I just don't like his vibe, it's whatever. Maybe I don't get the kids these days.

Jeffery is the superior gay rapper.

>>71284217
Being weird is now considered cool in black culture.
>>
he can actually spit when he wants to. he's just having a good time and poking fun at the industry.
>>
>>71284300
>Being weird is now considered cool in black culture.
No it's not.

Being 'weird' is considered cool in the 'black culture' the jews create and promote.
>>
>>71284300
theres nothing to get. hes just a middle class kid who wanted to make pop rap without pretending to be some thug or conscious guy.
hes the best artist out right now
>>
He is black xD
>>
>>71284342
>without pretending to be some thug
except he does do that
>hes the best artist out right now
ok so you're joking
have a nice day
>>
>>71284591
where does he pretend to be a . thug?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>71284202
21 Savage >>>> Lil Yachty
>>
>>71284591

When has Lil Yachty pretended to be a thug or a gangster?
He explicitly states he just wanted to make party music, he's just a fun-loving kid.
>>
>>71284202
His voice is annoying as shit and he has red licorice for hair.
>>
>>71284202
the point where i realized im getting old. this shit is trash lol.
>>
>>71284591
I can agree that Lil Yachty is garbage but you obviously have zero idea as to what you're talking about.
>>
Gucci Mane and southern atlanta hip-hop/trap scene ruined hip-hop 4eva.

t. nwa fan
>>
>>71284789
Guwop didn't start the mumblerap shit though
>>
>>71284789
You are the 90's kids of hip-hop.
>>
>>71284807
who did?
>>
>>71284202
He's really fun. Not lyrical but you shouldn't be listening to yachty for lyrics anyway. He makes fun music to vibe to.

Of course, most people here will simply say
>LOLNIGGER STUPID MUH BIX NOOD MUMBLE RAP"
and disregard him for his hair despite listening to cobain who dressed in drag and dyed his hair red, scandenavian metal bands who dye their hair black and wear fingernail polish, and other assorted weirdos.
>>
>>71284300
Yachty isn't a "gay" rapper. Though I agree thug is better. Jeffery was better than anything yachty has done. Still enjoy both though.
>>
>>71284846
like future young thug n them, but i think future and thug are actually better than all these 18 year old soundcloud kids.
>>
>>71284591
>I've never heard a yachty song and base my opinions of him on pictures
>>
>>71284828
22 years dunno man i can't stand the monotonic beat codeine, the weed, the big black booties, the fake riffles and $s, the crappy southern hoods and generally the tasteless lyrics. Hip-Hop has lost the flow man, trust me.
>>
A true musical genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mvc7W8Hkp0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>71284202
Marketing Mastermind

That deal with Target is going to keep him relevant,

That's the problem with such unique sounds in Modern hip-hop, they struggle to stay around.
>>
>>71284755
>>71284701
>>71284639
I like him, but he's talked about guns, violence, and gangs in multiple songs, look up the lyrics to Interlude and Up Next 2 off Lil Boat, as well as Shoot Out the Roof off SS2. There's a lot more examples that I can't think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>71284876
To be fair to Yachty he's been around for what, a year at most?
>>
>>71284639
>>71284701
>>71284755
>>71284899
>raps about guns when he probably never shot a gun
>raps about stereotypical money and jewelry shit
>raps about fucking whores
yeah totally not acting like a thug
>>
>>71284919
So you've never heard a Thug song then?
>>
>>71284896
Future worked with Guwop in 2011 though, right from the beginning, before Future was even mumbling. They put out Racks together.

Young Thug also wasn't always a mumblerapper, he had that weird Lil Wayne thing going on at the time.
>>
>>71284932
For some reason I thought I remembered Minnesota blowing up in 2015 but you're probably right. I'm not discounting him, I'm looking forward to whatever he puts out next. Just saying, Jeffery was a hell of a record.
>>
>>71284950
>MUH BIX NOOD
>>
>>71285000
i mean i guess if u want to blame Gucci for this shit, hes kind of the king of Atlanta so it would make sense since atl is the biggest influence of hip hop right now. you would just have to blame him like by definition though, not really his fault.
>>
>>71285009
>muh nigger rap isnt thug rap
>muh special nigger
>>
>>71285000
to be fair thug is like, a genre of his own
he's hard to understand at first if you're new to him, but he's on a whole other platform than future and those guys. His melodies and harmonies are pretty insane, and I don't know of another "mumble rapper" (or any rapper honestly) who can switch up flows as effortlessly and as frequently as he does and pull it off sounding as good as it does. I'm pretty sure there are a few features where he switches up the flow 3+ times in one verse. I've never seen future do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 626x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 626x427px
>>71284202
>He is hip hops punk phase
>>
>>71284979
you mean young thug?
yeah I have listened to Barter 6 which was good but far from masterpiece.
anon recommend something new from southside, since west and eastside have lost their prestige and creativity.
>>
>>71284931

Singing about guns, violence, and gangs doesn't inherently mean you identify with and indulge in that culture.
If you ask anyone if Lil Yachty is any sort of thug they will more than likely tell you "no."

And Lil Boat is a conceptual mixtape about 2 different people (Lil Yachty, Lil Boat) so you don't even know if it's necessarily him he's talking about,
>>
>>71284979
I really like Young Thug. I think he might even be my favorite hip-hop artist, his progression is amazing to behold, from a Lil Wayne stan to a unique artist in his own right. He can do no wrong in my eyes.

However, despite all of that, I completely disagree. His discography is just not the place to go if you're looking for something that doesn't mention codeine, weed, big black booties, guns and stacks of cash.

He has an insanely engaging rhythm to his music but someone who really likes NWA and views them as the paragon of hip-hop would not agree simply because of the lyrics.
>>
>>71285059
is there a less knowledgeable person on the subject of music that makes a living reviewing music?
>>
>>71285061
Try out Slime Season 2. Barter 6 is okay but really samey at times.
>>
>>71285000
>>71285028
So YC ruined hip hop
>>
>>71284931
You know Eminem isn't really a serial killer and Gene Simmons isn't really a demon from hell?

There's creative leaway here. The same way that Eminem had his weird mommy issue school shooter persona Slim Shady, yachty has Lil Boat who is a more "gangster" persona but it's far from thug music. It's more so for contrast to his actual personality.

"Positivity is what made us famous!"

>>71284950
See above
>>
>>71285115
idk what YC is
>>
>>71285102
ACTUALLY 1016 THUG IS HIS BEST
>>
>>71285081
honestly i stopped reading at "monotonic beats", because thug has some of the best "trap" (for lack of a better word) beat selection that exists. By lumping thug in a category that has "monotonic beats" he was already wrong and I jumped the gun in replying.

Yeah his content relates to that stuff, but you don't listen to a Thug song for the content. I should have read the whole post before responding tho.
>>
>>71284202
He good
>>
>>71285061
If you want something new that's completely out of left field, give No, My Name is Jeffery a spin. It's probably the most unique album in the genre of what's being called "mumble rap".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAhNZO7Fwd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3g8BGH_io
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM
>>
>>71284950

Hopefully one day you'll be able to interpret language beyond what it reads at face value.
>>
>>71285081
>He has an insanely engaging rhythm to his music but someone who really likes NWA and views them as the paragon of hip-hop would not agree simply because of the lyrics.

>NWA
>It's not about a salary, it's all about reality

>"mumble" rappers of ATL
>It's not about reality , it's all about reality a salary
>>
File: Creeperheadshot.jpg (433KB, 570x851px) Image search: [Google]
Creeperheadshot.jpg
433KB, 570x851px
>>71284202
what the actual fuck
>>
>>71285360
i know right lmao arent people with dark skin wacky
>>
>>71285348
Reality is a salary, though. Time is money.
>>
>>71285475
its not even the skin, he has the same facial expression and everything. his face in that pic made me immediately think of the jeepers creepers movie
>>
>>71285348
wait hang on now
do you even know how fucking brutal the areas that thug and future came from are?
you can make the agrument for yacty because yes, he was a suburban kid but i have absolutely no trouble believing at least thug (if not future as well) have been involved in gang warfare and shootings and drug running.

just because they're not making boom bap hippity hop about 1990s south central LA doesn't make them any less rooted in reality, just like lil wayne rapping about money and women is still real. it's their lives.

thug was literally a savage in the deep ghettos of ATL before blowing up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8QCnC2T_0

the shit they talk about in their songs, guns, money, drugs, women, is just their world
>>
>>71285562
Young Thug is the genuine article. He robbed a nail salon for 5000 dollars when he was a teenager. His projects were so fucked up that they were torn down. He actually did come from nothing. I think he lacks a filter due to his upbringing which is why he's so 'ignorant' irl, what with his instagram and twitter problems. Conflict is just his life.

Future's a bit more dubious because he's playing a character, has repeatedly stated that, and it's difficult to see where the narrative ends and reality begins regarding certain things. Pretty sure he actually grew up in a crack house though. Poor little Nayvadius.
>>
>>71285752
future also does a lot of genuine personal songs too though, not all of them are just gun running and selling crack. hndrxx is actully full of them which was a nice contrast to s/t.
>>
>>71285562
he is just chilling and yeah I know about the savage hoods of ATL but it doesn't mean 90's rappers of east and west were raised in wealthy houses, basically they endured more hardships and poverty than current savage mumble eighteen yo rappers with instagram and iphones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHQJH9Wm_w

It's not an excuse man, guwop and his kids with plastic guns, codeine carton glasses and monotonic hi-hats beats with flowless rhymes ruined hip-hop for the next generations.

"Truth is the ultimate power. When the truth comes around, all the lies have to run and hide."
IC
>>
>>71285879
Future was literally raised in a crack house and you just had two separate people tell you that Thugs dwellings were so run down and poor that they were demolished. They didn't come from wealthy houses.The only way they're getting the money for those phones and to pay for studio time is if they do exactly what they're rapping about. Robbing people and selling guns and getting involved with gangs.
I never even implied that NWA and other 90s rappers grew up rich, although NWA members in particular wasn't exactly below the poverty line. Their whole thing wasn't "we're poor so we have to break the law to get by" their thing was more like "you're forcing us into a corner and then beating us half to death when we try and get out of it".

>It's not an excuse man, guwop and his kids with plastic guns
just got through explaining to you, as did someone else, that they have almost certainly all used VERY real guns before. Are they supposed to continue to rob people and sell drugs after making money in music? Do you think Dre and Ice Cube are out there getting in shootouts in 2017?

> codeine carton glasses
Not even sure what that one means, but if you're just talking about how often southern rappers talk about lean, its no different than 90s cali rappers talking about weed.

>monotonic hi-hats beats
well all the boom bap songs you're talking about have monotoic high hats in them too, it's a pretty standard part of hip hop production and sampling specifically. If you've listened to any of the Thug songs linked earlier in this thread, you'd see how diverse his one project 'Jeffery' is alone and I'd wager to bet he has a more diverse beat selection than NWA had song for song.

>with flowless rhymes
Factually incorrect. Flow is exactly what they do perfectly. Their flow is far more nuanced and honestly complex than rappers of the 90s when this style of hip hop was in its infancy.

>ruined hip-hop for the next generations.
Opinion. I can't wait for new Thug and Yachty.
>>
>>71286112
Thug is just the second iteration of Lil Wayne what will the third be like
>>
itt: white kids glorify bunch of rappers who take 5minutes to write their lyrics

this essay shit is cringe.
>>
>>71286152
Thug and Wayne really don't have a whole lot in common musically other than both being black and both hanging around Birdman.

Thug started off as a wayne-lite but he's gone far beyond that now.
>>
>>71286177

>People discussing music on a music discussion board is cringe

People complaining about this shit are why this board will always be the trashiest among the main creative interest boards.
>>
>>71286177
>itp: a 15 year old redditor in his "rap is crap xD" phase.
>>
>>71286177
>white kids glorify bunch of rappers who take 5minutes to write their lyrics
Young Thug draws pictures he doesn't write shit.

Using the term cringe in such a context outs you as a high-schooler with a judgmental streak btw.
>>
He's /goofynigga/ core.
>>
File: 1437215089149s.jpg (9KB, 205x249px) Image search: [Google]
1437215089149s.jpg
9KB, 205x249px
>>71284694
>im gonna fuck your girl
>im gonna shoot your mom

what kind of cuck would willingly listen to this garbage
>>
The new punk :^)
>>
>>71286249
discuss this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWOdixai7Y8
not mumble rap
>>71286256
i like rap but all this essay shit on party rap is cringe
>>71286257
damn such an impressionist
#genius
>>
>>71286362

Go into /classical/ if you want to discuss that.
Don't go into a thread where people discuss Lil Yachty's merit in the current hip hop climate then demand people stop talking about it and begin talking about modern classical.

That's what /classical/ is for.
>>
>>71286460
thats music concrete you fucking pleb
jfc
>>
>>71286112
>Their whole thing wasn't "we're poor so we have to break the law to get by" their thing was more like "you're forcing us into a corner and then beating us half to death when we try and get out of it".

It's called morals, and all of them were raised in poor suberbs of compton they endured gang violence, weapons, assaults, weeds, racism police brutality etc. But their whole concept was to open the eyes of public opinion.
>>71286112
>"you're forcing us into a corner and then beating us half to death when we try and get out of it".
they weren't masochist, they just put critical thinking in their ryhmes with some cosy west funky rythme. It's called reality rap something than current chrackhead rappers don't possess.

>Do you think Dre and Ice Cube are out there getting in shootouts in 2017?

they are still more relevant than all those kids when they reach Dre and Ice Cube age.

>southern rappers talk about lean,
yeah I talking about this crappy purple sprite mix, it's literally vommit and they always use the excuse that this crap drink improve their voice. Huh most of them mumble and can't sing because of lean and weed overdose before the recording.

>Flow is exactly what they do perfectly. Their flow is far more nuanced and honestly complex than rappers of the 90s when this style of hip hop was in its infancy.

Are you serious? NWA were pioneers and their beats and sounds were natural without cheap electronic mixers. Don't know about young thug, but all those trap beats copy each other and their conceptually so simple than even a high school kid produce, while NWA beats were complex and melodic.

>Opinion. I can't wait for new Thug and Yachty.

can't wait for another masterpiece with pioneering lyrics and prototype beats.
>>
>>71286362
>i like rap but all this essay shit on party rap is cringe

there is nothing wrong with being knowledgeable about the music you listen to.

i bet you post in p4k threads.
>>
File: 1477772876468.png (30KB, 186x160px) Image search: [Google]
1477772876468.png
30KB, 186x160px
>>71284300
Being "weird" is cool everywhere now, so everyone under 25 is forcing bullshit quirks to fit in and be hip.
>>
>>71286533
nah i hate p4k and blame them for this mess.
but i understand what you mean. my fault for even posting in this thread
>>
>>71286472

I don't care what it is, it doesn't make you any less of a retard

Musique concrete, what a le intellectual
>>
>>71286112
> Do you think Dre and Ice Cube are out there getting in shootouts in 2017?

No but DJ P aul and Juicy are. And they do it just for fun/sport
>>
>>71286565
whats your thoughts on Thug Motivation 101
>>
>>71286546
whatever the bitches like
>>
>>71286341
absolutely nothing wrong with 21 Savage's content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mq56hiGL5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGlkEmr72FE
>>
>>71286632
no girl you actually want falls for see through shit like forced quirks.
>>
>>71286362
yeah let's circlejerk about our patrician musique concrete like we're real intellectuals. let's do some mental gymnastics to make ourselves believe we're better than people because we listen to some italian guy mashing notes on a piano. no need to let all kinds of music onto our patrician board.
>>
>>71286516
>It's called morals, and all of them were raised in poor suberbs of compton they endured gang violence, weapons, assaults, weeds, racism police brutality etc. But their whole concept was to open the eyes of public opinion.
That wasn't the point. They weren't trying to shine light, they were venting their struggles. Cop Killer and Fuck Tha Police weren't made to sway people to get behind them like a piece of BLM propaganda. They were just venting their frustrations with what they saw as a corrupt and bigoted, systematically racist system.

>they weren't masochist, they just put critical thinking in their ryhmes with some cosy west funky rythme. It's called reality rap something than current chrackhead rappers don't possess.

I didn't imply that they were masochists, simply that that's what was happening in South Central in the 90s. It was the life they lived and it's what they rapped about. ATL rappers were raised in even worse conditions. They rap about having to sell drugs in elementary school and rob people because it's what they had to do. It's not two sides of the same coin, it's two different coins. Again, I reiterate; just because they're talking about selling drugs and using guns doesn't make it any less reality based.

>they are still more relevant than all those kids when they reach Dre and Ice Cube age.
remains to be seen. dre is pretty much completely irrelevant. no one really cared about Compton, it kind of just came and went. he doesn't need to be relevant for the rest of his life after the beats sale. ice cube is relevant right now literally solely for being an actor, lol.

>yeah I talking about this crappy purple sprite mix, it's literally vommit and they always use the excuse that this crap drink improve their voice. Huh most of them mumble and can't sing because of lean and weed overdose before the recording.
what?
>>
>>71286689

re: the rest
-boom bap beats are inherently simplistic, thats where the name comes from. not a slight, there's a place for it, but trap beats are far more complex even if you don't like the sound

-flows, as i've stated previously in this thread, have evolved far beyond the days of ice cube and no Vaseline. that was the beginning of hip hop in this form. it's still good to this day and i'm not trying to say that it isn't. but that doesn't make what comes out today any worse, and it certainly doesn't make it more simplistic because that's just incorrect. it's specifically because of the electronic advancements and the fact that anyone can jump in but only few can master it that the beats are more complex than ever.

-metro boomin is a fantastic producer with some of the most unique beats in hip hop. if you're listening to yachty thug or future for """lyricism""" then you're listening to them for the wrong reason, but then again NWA (who i'm only mentioning because they're your go to for "good" hip hop) weren't posterboys for lyricism either. they were poster boys for angst and raw emotion and changing the paradigm.

honestly, it just seems like you're rather unfamiliar with the subject. your arguments are youtube comment-tier. willing to bet you've never listened to a full yachty or future or thug project.
>>
>>71286782
>willing to bet you've never listened to a full yachty or future or thug project.
man this board really needs to stop its projections
getting sad!
>>
>>71286653
did you not read what I just said?

he talks about fucking your girlfriend and literally shooting your mom. what kind of pathetic and submissive faggot would willingly listen to that trash?
>>
>>71286814
then i have no idea how you can listen to projects like monster, DS2 and honest and say the beats are simplistic or copying eachother.
>>
>>71286842
You're supposed to put yourself in their shoes. That is how you feel the power of music.

You sound like an actual cuck
>>
>>71286884
LARPING
oh i see now. makes sense
>>
>>71286689

ok they just reproduce the chronic problem of southern hoods without wondering what went wrong like NWA did, it's all crack, weed, fat-asses and pointless hustlin.
Also I cannot accept the fact all those worldstar-hiphop productions use real weapons in their clips.
Anyways, I am 22 and probably was raised with other influences.
>>
File: 1376361726525.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1376361726525.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>71286884
>roleplaying as some dumb memerapper that has to let you know hes "real" every 5 seconds

really empowering. i feel the power of this music now
>>
>>71286973
SERENITY NOW
>>
>>71286973
are you that kid from the emo thread? lol of course you don't like music outside of your bubble.
>>
>>71286664
1 in 1000?

you dont know girls then
>>
>>71286973
why do you think my statement was exclusive to 1 artist or even 1 genre? It applies to ALL music

If you don't take yourself for the music ride how are you even perceiving it
>>
>>71287017
so im suppose to imagine myself as bjork everytime im listening to her
who knew i was transgender damn
>>71287009
more projecting love it!
heres a song for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2txMU50CI
>>
>>71286842
you're the one that thinks about people fucking your girl and killing your mom instead of the other away around

>>71287043
If you can't relate to bjork in any way then why are you listening to her music? What do you get from it?
>>
File: Harry.png (498KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Harry.png
498KB, 750x422px
>>71287009
>he doesnt like my top 40 poprap, must be an emofag!

tell you, fuck off back to r/streetwear and r/hiphopheads you literal moron

>>71287015
are you implying them being more rare somehow devalues their more desirable persona traits?

I had plenty of girls in high school and even then I knew they were impressionable morons that were easy to take advantage of. you do not want those type of idiots
>>
>>71286919
i'm also 22

have you seen those extremely low quality and low (no) budget WSHH videos? are those the ones you're talking about? because that's what the real every day life is like in these areas. there was recently that thug biter that got a bit of attention. his video had people walking around in broad daylight with AK47s. That's just how life is there.

You don't need to "reflect" and "wonder what went wrong" though there is a share of that in trap music. There's room for braggadocio in rap. Look at Jay-Z, one of the most respected and critically acclaimed rappers of all time. He did exactly what thug and future are doing, except he did it over NY boom bap instead of ATL flavor trap.

Sounds like it's just not your thing.
>>
>>71287074
>you're the one that thinks about people fucking your girl and killing your mom instead of the other away around
well yeah. in the lyrics hes speaking to the listener, I have to assume its directed towards me, the listener.

oh, im supposed to rely on roleplaying as a down syndrome meme rapper talking about killing others to feel strong. 2017 masculinity, L M A O you cannot make this shit up!
>>
>>71287074
>What do you get from it?
pleasure from her vocals, songwriting and production
>>
>>71287124
>well yeah. in the lyrics hes speaking to the listener, I have to assume its directed towards me, the listener.

disregarded
>>
>>71286782
>metro boomi
he's a good producer

>honestly, it just seems like you're rather unfamiliar with the subject. your arguments are youtube comment-tier. willing to bet you've never listened to a full yachty or future or thug project.

not an argument I've heard many mumbling hip-hop albums but still can't digest that southern trap shit.
Take as an example this >>71286653
are you serious? wtf? CRINGE

Since you consider your self expert, post some good southern trap with proper flow but please no young thug or any cheap worldstar productions.
>>
>>71287124
>2017 masculinity, L M A O you cannot make this shit up!

'LMAO' you post like a 19 y/o trump supporter.
You are the one seeking attention on an eastern Asian white supremacist image board, do not accuse others of lacking masculinity
>>
>>71287154
whats your thoughts on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPFfgdxp9o
>>
>>71287154
>watch me FUCK your girl!
>watch me SHOOT your mom with my 30 rounds!

>nah man ahahha just pretend hes not talking about you, hes talking about others WITH you. what are you, retarded?

hows community college going, basic bitch?
>>
>>71287084
no it devalues the work put into sifting through all of them
>>
>>71287182
I'll take a weeaboo over a submissive that enjoys listening to a mumblerapper talk about shooting their own mother any day of the week.
>>
>>71287186
Really boring, feel like a weirdo listening to this

>>71287199
>>71287220
You guys are fine with your opinions but i think you're looking at music as a whole all wrong
>bob dylan
>>
>>71287256
>8min song
>responds 2mins later
hey man you need to see it thru his eyes first
>>
>>71287096
>thug biter because that's what the real every day life is like in these areas. there was recently that thug biter that got a bit of attention. his video had people walking around in broad daylight with AK47s. That's just how life is there.

look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VIH89musE
>>
>>71287271
I literally just shut it off, 4 mins in, hated it. I'm okay with that opinion. I'm not on a thread pertaining to that subject at all, it has nothing to do with me.
>>
File: Mangum.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mangum.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>71287154
>>71287182
>>71287096
>>71287074

I bet you jerked off to kodak blacks tunnel vision music video

>>71287256
>mumblerap submissive fan doesnt like bob dylan

made me think
>>
>>71287277
damn thats how they living family
gotta imagine yourself walking aroudn with aks
>>
>>71287292
3/4
Thought the video was dumb, song is catchy though

and I never said I didn't like Bob Dylan, but you posting that picture and that post made you look like the most tumblr person ever, I couldnt help to laugh at the the virtual fedora tip you gave me
>>
>>71287290
im . imaging my dick inside your mouth
>>
>>71287329
nothing new for you, imagining dicks in your mouth, I assume
>>
>>71284202
What the fuck did he get in his hair? like do you just slip your braids into what looks like some barbie accessory shit or what?
>>
>>71287349

wanna be my next boy toy?
>>
>>71287322
im posting random shit off my hdd

>mumblerap fan is talking about others being tumblr

youre the guy that enjoys listening to someone talk about fucking his girlfriend

why are you here go back to instagram
>>
>>71287329
>people really post on a thread about a subject they care nothing about with 25 other losers for minimal attention
>>
>>71287376
try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ykMNtzMT8
>>
>>71287174
21 savage is good if you're looking for aggressive, high energy, testosterone fueled fuckery anthems. i don't know what you're looking for though.

you're kind of handicapping me by telling me not to recommend one of the best examples of a """mumble rapper""" but whatever. what do you consider "proper flow"? because your critera sounds incredibly arbitrary. thug's flow through jeffery alone is so diverse and polished that it deserves to be mentioned regardless.

check out DS2 i guess? Monster is also an incredible album, but if you're going to enter into it with the mind of "this is shitty mumble rap and i hate it" then there's not really much of a point of entering into it at all. it'd be like telling a metal head to listen to NWA and hearing back "lol niggers talking about drugs and shooting cops" so it's really all up to how open you are to enjoying it.

Hndrxx is a stand out as well.
>>
>>71287369
You're so fucking gay dude, you have to live with that

>>71287387
Who hasn't heard this song? What are you trying to prove? You can put yourself in the moment for any of this music
>>
>>71287256
>i think you're looking at music as a whole all wrong
you're on /mu/. it's populated almost exclusively by insecure high-schoolers who need to find identity in their music taste.

this isn't a music discussion board, it's an echochamber and people who don't stick to the prescribed opinions are knocked aside.
>>
>>71287396
>aggressive, high energy, testosterone fueled
>insecurely talks down about others every other line and constantly reminds others of how real and different he is

Nice. Put your buttplug back on bro
>>
>>71287414
its a good song
>>
>>71284202
I hated him at first and listened to him ironically, but now I can't stop listening and I love it.
>>
>>71287441
Yeah, and?

Why do people feel the need to be congratulated or have approval in their taste in music?
>>
>>71287480
nobodys implying that
i just said listen to a good song
heres another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2LKHbxM04
>>
>>71287443
You never listened to him ironically. You just couldn't admit to yourself you liked him.
>>
>>71287387
>>71287186
>>71287497
gay-wad
>>
>>71287292
i don't like kodak black. thanks for trying though.

>>71287277
that's exactly the video i'm talking about. that's life when you're raised beyond the poverty line and have to sell drugs to afford bread.
>>
File: kfdtxSy.png (630KB, 767x748px) Image search: [Google]
kfdtxSy.png
630KB, 767x748px
>>71287396
>21 savage is good if you're looking for aggressive, high energy, testosterone fueled fuckery anthems
>>
>>71287396
>21 savage

Actually I like this kid his collaboration with Metro boomin was superb. He looks really stupid face crackhead but his mumbling technique along with metro boomin beats is fantastic "SAVAGE" combination.
Also, he has his own unique style, I still remeber when Red Opps came out, I literally had it on loop to for hours.
I still listen to his songs on soundcloud just to chill maybe this is what I look for.
>>
the person saying you have to look at music AS the musician is retarded. you don't have to pretend to be them. i guess if it gives him some kind of a kick on a power fantasy, whatever. the allure isn't pretending to be him though. why do you have to feel a deep personal connection one way or the other? why can't you just enjoy something without inserting yourself in it? why can't you just enjoy a catchy song with a memorable beat? do you watch casino and pretend to be a mobster? do you watch the simpsons and pretend to be homer?

art isn't inherently a self-insert. you can view it from a third party stand point.

that's why the person saying "you have to pretend to be 21 savage" is retarded and the person saying "listening to him say this makes you a cuck" is also retarded.
>>
>>71287573
I love 21 Savage and literally 0 of those Nu Male traits describe me. Could you flop any harder?
>>
>>71287652
Sure thing man. Go buy some supreme and timbs

honestly normalfags like you ruined 4chan
>>
>>71287646
Just because you personally cant take in art (music, tv, movies, etc) and put yourself in the moment on the fly doesn't mean others are retarded for having the ability to do so

>>71287677
honestly your posts are never smart or accurate
>>
>>71287583
Also I like good-old g-eazy, I say old because he is trying to find his balance in current atl domination which is quite alien to him, he was my main influence since I come from the Bay.
>>
>>71287538
jfc homophobic much
>>
>>71287717
nah brah you're just gay as shit

>>71287646
>he admits to being submissive at every chance he gets
>>
>>71287700
>you're only suppose to view art in one way
finish high school pls
>>
>>71287646
hes a beta that has to put himself in others shoes to feel powerful
>>
>>71287733
of course rap fans are homophobic
not a surprise!
>>
>>71287736
Your comprehension is below 0 anon, stop posting

>>71287746
this is a xenophobe website
>>
>>71287677
>normalfags like you ruined 4chan
4chan was never your sekrit club dude, get over yourself and get over this garbage korean website.
>>
>>71287431
are you nine years old?
the concept of "being the best" is not a new thing in music
>>
>>71287737
YOU guys are the only ones making this about submission and power

I'm making this about understanding the message, the motives, the influences, and impacts of the music and the art
>>
>>71287763
Post some epic and edgy 4chan anti-PC memes on your instagram spam account you literal retard
>>
COLD LIK MINSOTA COLD lIK MONSOTA
>>
>>71287443
this
>>71287523
no i hated minnesota but it got stuck in my head. it annoyed the fuck out of me and i played it to piss off my friend ironically and pretended to like it. now i love it, thats how i got into wayne and gucci mane too.
>>
>>71287772

white ppl should have liked this new trap shit
fucking cringe
>>
>>71287431
But I never took it out :3c
>>
i'm cringing at you for having such little ability to process art
>>
>>71287773
suk me off bb
>>
File: oj5kHcF.png (289KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
oj5kHcF.png
289KB, 500x377px
>>71287772
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>implying that 21 savage has anything to do with the artistic aspect of "his" music

modern hip hop relies entirely on the beats and the rappers have very little to do with them

>>71287771
youre not the best if you have to remind everyone youre the best, or you have to put others down to make yourself look good

its like pic related of rap, if you have to say how WeIrD you are you arent weird, if you have to say how dominant you are, youre not. its literally that simple
>>
>>71287573
forgot to add to that list "likes indie rock and metal bands" you fucking tool

21 savage is the antithisis of nu male music
>>
>>71287867
>modern hip hop relies entirely on the beats and the rappers have very little to do with them

I can totally understand this view.

overall good post
>>
>>71287700
I'm not saying I can't. If you can identify and relate to a piece of art then that's fine. When it comes to songs where people talk about fucking your sister and killing your mom, it becomes okay to become a third party. I'm just saying it's not necessary to enjoy it. You don't have to either be on the giving or receiving end in the narrative of every song you listen to. it's okay to just observe and digest.
>>
>>71287733
incorrect interpretation of what i said
>>
>>71287898
Right, 21 savage and young thug and kodak have really strong artistic and political messages. their lyrics have emotional and connecting messages behind them.

Fuck off you retard. Modern hip hop is just pop music under a different sphere. The lyrics are meaningless, the producers are everything.

>21 savage is the antithisis of nu male music

LARPing as someone that pretends he's a killer is very emasculating!
>>
>>71284202
He's retarded

>>basically everyone
He's not a rapper
>>
>>71287867
>modern hip hop relies entirely on the beats and the rappers have very little to do with them
make some modern rap then please
>>
>>71287927
>it becomes okay to become a third party. I'm just saying it's not necessary to enjoy it. You don't have to either be on the giving or receiving end in the narrative of every song you listen to. it's okay to just observe and digest.

Exactly, so if you look at like that, you shouldn't be perceiving it as him fucking your girl and killing your mom, just fucking peoples girls and killing peoples moms in general, and you dont have to like that, but it doesnt characterize others any sort of way if they do like it.

>>71287949
I would like you to try to make an argument for any of the points you just made. Good luck
>>
>>71287867
jay z and nas have been doing this since rap was in its fucking cradle you pleb
you just don't like him because he has a tattoo on his face and you think he could beat you up in a fight
>>
>>71287949
>Right, 21 savage and young thug and kodak have really strong artistic and political messages.
ARGUABLE

>their lyrics have emotional and connecting messages behind them.

ARGUABLE

Your views aren't final, sperg
>>
>>71287949
>artistic
yes
>political
irrelevant but sometimes
>messages
not required for art to be art

reminder that david bowie and kurt cobain stole their words from books and magazines, sentences at a time, and rearranged them into nonsense just to have something to say while the music played in the background.

stop trying to make art more than what it is. art isn't some grandiose pretentious """"message"""" that you have to crack or decode. art is a feeling that you want to convey in a lasting way.
>>
>>71288086
This.

You aren't fucking special if you listen to Bob Dylan
>>
>>71287949
>LARPing as someone that pretends he's a killer is very emasculating!
you're the one that starts getting wet every time barry white or luther vandross comes on the speaker ya fuckin fanook
>>
>>71288086
>mentions two talentless pop hacks to make his argument solid
look if you wanna keep dumbing down art to make it fit your agenda thats on you.
>>
>>71288024
>you just don't like him because he has a tattoo on his face
it's so scary to hate a tattoo on your face. so scary. reminds me of those generic tumblr girls that tattoo shit on themselves too. frightening shit.

>jay z and nas have been doing this since rap was in its fucking cradle you pleb
at least someone like nas had something else to offer other than just blind aggression.

>you think he could beat you up in a fight
this is 5th grader rhetoric

either way, guy is like a twig and looks like a manlet too. i'm 6'4" so i have no problems there
>>71288111
>namedropping

dropped.

>>71288086
I was just saying they're garbage. The rappers themselves have no artistic merit. It's the producers doing all the work. Actually every once in a while I'm impressed by the beat so I'll try to find the producer. Make no mistake, the rapper himself is completely irrelevant in that creative process.
>>
>>71288184
>the rapper himself is completely irrelevant in that creative process
Even if this is true (it's not), it doesn't mean the rapper didn't play a part in the end artistic product.
There have always been artists getting credit for 'art' they don't deserve, all mediums across history, recognize what they actually do and live with it
>>
>>71288157
i'd name drop whatever no name bandcamp harsh noise reverb shit you listen to but no one knows their name

it's a very common song writing technique called cut ups

you thinking you're a snowflake doesn't make it any less art
>>
>>71288214
>There have always been artists getting credit for 'art' they don't deserve, all mediums across history, recognize what they actually do and live with it
this does nothing to prove your shitty defense of talentless hacks

ironically it just further proves mine that the producers are ignored by the public and they applaud the rapper himself instead of the real talent

>didn't play a part in the end artistic product.
shitty talentless songwriting and mumblerapping

nice, good contribution
>>
>>71288245
>if i don't like your shitty pop music it must be harsh noise
yeah keep up the low brow agenda!
i feel bad for you in the coming years
>>
>>71284202
Never listened to anything he's done.
>>
I like him but only because he annoys hip hop heads who think that Tupac was the end of all good rap music
>>
>>71288184
>at least someone like nas had something else to offer other than just blind aggression.
lol
what did nas "offer" you? you're some pasty white kid with his $700 sennheiser headphones who's never set foot in a neighborhood that could even be labeled as "unsavory'. what did all mighty rap god nas bestow upon you?

having a social agenda doesnt make it art you fucking tool

>>71288111
has a good point
when you listen to a barry white or vandross song, are you inserting as the female he's trying to fuck? you moron
>>
>>71288290
arent you a pedophile? GTFO back to abusing kids or whatever it is you do.
>>
>>71288269
If he's a talentless hack you fucking do it moron

Producers are becoming more and more recognized every day, you're delusional if you think they don't get credit in 2017, and you're not special for liking production more than others. Get over yourself
>>
>>71288305
No, I am not, but I did seriously report Montie to the FBI for falsely accusing me of a crime.
>>
>>71288311
>If he's a talentless hack you fucking do it moron
oh don't you worry. im working on something as we speak
6 months from now faggots like you will be bumping my shit and spamming me in these threads.
>>
>>71288297
"Offer" as in offer to the artistic aspect

You're backed into a corner so you're going to start your dick measuring "I HAD IT WORSE THAN YOU XD" contest, are you emo or some shit what does it fucking matter

im an immigrant that grew up in the lower class areas of jackson, am I cool enough now?
>>
>>71288343
Post it now faggot, I'll promote it if i like it

>6 months

you don't have the dedication.
>>
>>71288184
>I was just saying they're garbage.
I was just saying you're wrong.
>The rappers themselves have no artistic merit.
You've never listened to them. Thug is a fucking crooner for christ's sake. He's literally like a dean martin or sinatra for 2017.
> It's the producers doing all the work
Except the writing, singing, rapping, tone, delivery and flow. No one's listening to instrumental rap.
>Actually every once in a while I'm impressed by the beat so I'll try to find the producer. Make no mistake, the rapper himself is completely irrelevant in that creative process.

well that flat out isn't true because a lot of times rappers work very closely with their producers (future with metro; thug has londonondatrack and a plethora of others that he frequently collabs with) and they work together to get the songs they want to make. so you're already wrong.

that aside, your anecdote isn't the be all end all. just because you have this weird mental block about not giving it a chance doesn't mean they have no artistic merit.
>>
>>71288362
as if you posting it on r/hiphopheads means anything

you faggots are so annoying go check out the newest streetwear dressups and never come back

>you're not special for liking production more than others. Get over yourself
hahahahahah what the fuck? who the hell takes hip hop lyrics in 2017 seriously like i assumed everyone focuses on the beat more
>>
>>71288290
what an utterly useless post
why would you even make this?
it's like someone asking for a link to something and coming in and saying "Don't have it. Sorry."

what a waste of time
>>
>>71288401
ignore brandon
>>
>>71288365
>he takes young thug seriously
>he takes young thug seriously as an artist
>he thinks dean martin or sinatra were respectable artists

jesus christ

>weird mental block about not giving it a chance
i work at a record store and i hear stuff as soon as it comes out, one of the workers is an obnoxious "hip hop head", most of the shit is garbage.

have fun with this shit thread, go check out some /b/ memes and post it on instagram before leaving you normalfag
>>
>>71288345
i didn't say i had it worse than you, but to act like having a message in your music somehow makes it better is fucking retarded. i'm saying if nas DID have a message or commentary on the black ghettos of new york, it'd be irrelevant to you either fucking way becuase that's not the situation you're in

the message doesn't make the music you dense cunt
>>
>>71288398
I don't go to places like reddit and 4chan for attention, I run my own shit.

The beat often drives the music, drives the feel, but to pretend there isn't more than that is ignant

>hur dur you must wear supreme and timbs hurr
>>
>>71288362
heres a sneak peak of a sample i just made
https://clyp.it/kblmlxsx
>>
>>71288436
who do you deem a respectable artist? becuase apparently dean martin, frank sinatra, kurt cobain and david bowie weren't artists
>>
I fuck with him. His first mixtape just had a really goofy energy to it, and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>I cant come up with a valid argument myself so I'll just post fallacies all day long

>>71288478
nice, soulful. Not you though right? Just stolen?
>>
>>71288401
Montie's a piece of shit that desperately wants to be known on 4chan as a whole and runs his mouth about anyone that gets more attention than him. It's fucking pathetic, I've never set out to have people know who I am. I just post ith a trip and I'm not over here crying over /mu/ like that freak.
>>
>>71288497
m8 its a sample from jeff buckley
thats just the beat im working on
>>
>>71288497
>>71288478
>sample

sorry misread
yeah anyone can do this dude, and it aint lil yachty good
>>
File: [P~HTV]VTXF9KCH8Q(_%QN5.jpg (31KB, 526x417px) Image search: [Google]
[P~HTV]VTXF9KCH8Q(_%QN5.jpg
31KB, 526x417px
>>71288455
>he's a redditor
it makes sense now
>>
>>71288518
I want whoever is accusing mumblerappers of being talentless hacks to make a track and get exposure themselves

>>71288538
I think you meant>>71288398
>>
>>71288514
No one believes you're a pedophile.
You're more pathetic than he is for letting him get under your skin.
>>
>>71288478
slowed down soul samples
wow you're gonna be the next kendrick lamar! thats so unique!
>>
>>71288548
like i said senpai 6 months from now you're gonna be hearing that same intro.
>>71288553
>he thinks thats the whole song
do you even production senpai?
>>
>>71288549
Plus, I don't get how you can troll others and then start throwing a hissy fit when you get it back.
Calling you a pedophile is a bit much I agree.
>>
>>71288566
nigga you don't get it. If you're accusing the rapper of being talentless, then lay down some bars. If the lyrics are shit it shouldnt be so hard?

Or are you just a starving producer yourself with a bias and desire for more producer love
>>
>>71288566
thats enough of the song that i would have turned it off by now
you can go to bandcamp.com and search the tags "soul" and "beat-tape" and find 400 albums full of songs that sound just like that
shits played out
>>
>>71288588
It's a knee jerk reaction from me because I had a lot of things in my ruined by slander. I get really defensive, maybe because I really don't understand the motivation behind it, or why he'd say something that fucked up .
>>
>>71288592
i produce first and mumble later
like i said m8 6 months from now. you'll remember this thread and sample
i'll do a reddit ama and everything.
>>71288597
will keep that in mind

heres the org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs
>>
>>71288641
You already know why and everyone else does too. He wants to be popular on 4chan and is a total tryhard about it. You didn't report him to the FBI either you're just trying to fuck with him in the same way he did you .
>>
>>71288650
Great. Unlike most people in this thread I haven't shown hate towards any artists and would have no problem seeing you succeed, good luck my friend
>>
>>71288650
i didn't ask

but for real if you think production like that is going to blow you up you're insane

take a look at the current rappers getting traction, and i'm not just talking about trappers. that shit sounds like it's straight out of 2008.
>>
>>71288680
thx senpai
>>71288688
rap is in experimental and recent past nostalgia phase. if chance can get away with ripping off CD/lR with a modern touch
so can i
>>
>>71288704
chance was already a huge name though
he's not a new kid
acid rap was a BIG release and it's already 5 years old
it's a difference between chance the rapper who is one of kanye's guys winning come grammies with a kinda similar but not actually similar sound than it is for someone no one heard of to blow up off a discount lupe fiasco/late registration sound
if anything with people like xxx and that ski mask cat blowing up it seems like people are more nostalgic for odd future type edgy outside the box shit
>>
>>71288641
Ok. I think you need to take a break from the internet for a while.
>>
>>71284929
this is bad.
>>
>>71288802
yeah i understand that about chance with his connections,
the whole south florida distorted bass thing is popular atm but i rather just go more so the noise route like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25gLTUwtlY think hip hop especially the underground with LUM is more open to diff sounds now
i like xxx tho hope he drops something good after the jail thing.
>>
>>71287396
21 savage sounds like he is on heroin, not hih energy at ALLLLLLLLL
>>
ITT: 37 People argue for hours over 21 savage on an Indonesian basket weaving forum
>>
>>71284202
He's hip hop's punk phase :^)
>>
>>71284919
why would I trust you? stop it
>>
>>71285059
yachty is hip hops glam phase
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.