[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways to spot a fake music enthusiast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (526KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
526KB, 1200x800px
>he uses flowcharts to decide which order to listen to an artists releases in
>he does not own or download any singles
>he does not listen to massive umbrellas of music such as Electronic Dance Music or Classical Music
>he has never been to a proper club
>he mainly finds music through publications such as pitchfork, resident advisor, tinymixtapes, e.t.c. (or from recommendations of other people who do that)
>he places too high of a value on lyricism and dislikes good music for 'bad lyrics'
>he thinks that certain musical genres are 'not music'
>he almost exclusively listens to a single genre
>he cant play a song that people will enjoy at a party which he also enjoys
>>
lol nice try slipping RA into this, as if we wouldn't notice
>>>/bleep/
>>
>>71283651
What do you mean by a 'proper club'?
This is the only one that applies to me.
>>
>>71283711
a proper club is a club where they are not rinsing top 40

somewhere where they have actual genre nights with actual proficient djs
>>
>>71283733
you dont go to clubs for music you to clubs to have a terrible time surrounded by smelly drug addicts who honestly need a bullet in the brain
>>
>>71283651
EDM is inherently pleb trash no matter what you call it "house" "techno" "garage"
>>
>>71284170
you go to proper clubs for music

>>71284191
t. fake music enthusiast who listens to four tet and burial
>>
>>71283651
so pretty much everyone on this board?
>>
>>71284304
le proper clubs
>>
>>71284470
t. never been outside and doesnt know that there are two types of club
>>
>>71284304
Four Tet and Burial are way better than the mindless untz untz untz drop shit you like
>>
>>71284572
four tet has made loads of house singles and burial makes garage you mouthbreather
>>
>>71283651
>browses /mu/
Sure sign that you're just a 16 year old with a chip on his (always his) shoulder who has no idea what they're talking about a pretty limited worldview.
>>
>>71284504
le proper and le faux
>>
>>71284704
yes glorified bars with a local DJ who rinses a NOW CD are not a proper club
>>
>>71284626
but in a more interesting IDM way
>>
>>71284855
no four tet has made loads of HOUSE singles and Burial is not even slightly IDM until his newest stuff
>>
am I a fake music enthusiast if 1-2 things apply?
>>
>>71284877
i dont listen to his singles because im not a pleb
i listen to albums
>>
>>71285004
so you are a fake music enthusiast

>>71284992
depends on which 1-2
>>
>>71283651
cant tell whether this is ironic or bait
the only ones i agree with are
>he uses flowcharts to decide which order to listen to an artists releases in
>he mainly finds music through publications such as pitchfork, resident advisor, tinymixtapes, e.t.c. (or from recommendations of other people who do that)
>he places too high of a value on lyricism and dislikes good music for 'bad lyrics'
>he thinks that certain musical genres are 'not music'
>he almost exclusively listens to a single genre
>>
>>71285033
so you don't listen to singles?
>>
File: fag.png (1002KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
1002KB, 900x900px
>>71283651
>he listens to music
>>
>>71285085
Why listen to singles when you can just hear the full album?
>>
>he cares enough about other people's taste to post a shitty greentext rant
probably the fakest music enthusiast here bro
>>
>>71285113
you realize there are loads of genres where singles are the primary release and there is no 'full album' (or the full album is just a shit single compilation with filler tracks))

and you realize many artists even in rock genres release singles that dont ever have a 'full album' later
>>
>>71285026
>mainly finds music through publications
swap this with rym
>>
>>71285222
theres nothing wrong with using rym as a database of music as long as you arent droning users and lists like a mong
>>
>>71283651
>I MAKE THE RULES ON HOW YOU SHOULD ENJOY YOUR MUSIC AND YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!
you're far worse than the majority of the people here, and that is really fuckin saying somehing
>>
You sound like a pretty miserable person OP. I'll leave you to your thread, hopefully it fulfills your needs :)
>>
>>71285374
nobody said you werent enjoying music properly el projecto
>>
>>71283651
Speaking of flowcharts how do I into Brendenburg, Philip Glass, or Bjork?
>>
>>71285527
Their first album, like you would any other artist.
>>
>>71285527
The start
>>
>>71285527
start with the first or start with the one that is the first in your favourite genre that they do
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.