[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to Amoeba Records last week. It was the usual trip for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FJM.jpg (642KB, 620x625px) Image search: [Google]
FJM.jpg
642KB, 620x625px
I went to Amoeba Records last week. It was the usual trip for me: I wandered through the rows and grabbed some records that piqued my interest. After about an hour of browsing the stacks and a long chat with an Iranian engineer on the didactic influence of Kierkegaard’s aesthetics in Arcade Fire's Reflektor, I went to go purchase my selections and the clerk stopped me just as he began scanning a CD of Father John Misty's Fear Fun and vinyl of I Love You, Honeybear. He raised his head and asked in a slow and solemn voice if I had any documentation to confirm my ability to purchase such items. Confused, I asked him what he meant. He told me the section I selected the two records from is reserved for individuals with an IQ of 130 or above. Having been a member of Mensa since the age of 5, I quickly reached into my pocket to pull out my membership card and handed it to the clerk. He examined it before handing it back to me and completing the checkout and I made my way back to my apartment. It's great that we finally live in a world where quality music is being apportioned to those who have the high level of intelligence required to truly understand it.
>>
>>71280343
of course FJM is for high scholars like myself
>>
>>71280343
Why does everyone meme about father John misty? He's one of the better normiefolk artists.
>>
>>71280390
yes for the high IQ FOLKS
>>
>>71280343
>After about an hour of browsing the stacks and a long chat with an Iranian engineer on the didactic influence of Kierkegaard’s aesthetics in Arcade Fire's Reflektor
Explain.
>>
>>71280343
What?
>>
7/10 needs a good twist towards the end
>>
>>71281555
The twist is that he's a high-functioning autistic
>>
>>71280405
Is he overbearingly pretentious or something? I've never watched any interviews. His music doesn't come across as such.
>>
>>71281577
he typed out that entire paragraph, it isn't exactly a secret at this point
>>
>>71280343
I had to hire a tutor to try and comprehend FJM. I'm taking some correspondence classes as well.
>>
>>71281846
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_Fun
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.