[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>>
Fuck yes, holy shit. Slip On Through, All I Wanna Do, Cool Cool Water. It's quite an album
>>
>>71279435
awesome album, and then surfs up is the second half of the disc I have and it's even better
>>71280185
this anon's got it, best songs. also, dierdre
>>
>>71280206
surfs up is way worse than sunflower
>>
This record absolutely owns except for Tears in the Morning. It's the most unbearably melodramatic song I've ever heard, right down to these cheesy ass pianos at the end.
>>
>>71280228
its less consistent but life of a tree -> til i die -> surfs up blows sunflower out of the water.
>>
>>71279435
Top tier songs;

Slip on Through
All I wanna do
Its about Time
Add some Music
At My Window

Junk Tier:
Dierdre
Tears in the Morning
Got to Know the woman
>>
>>71280284
surfs up the song doesn't do anything for me at all in either of the beach boys' version
>>
They were really lucky that reprise rejected their first version. It didnt really hold the same standard.

>>71280228
How so? Except for Student demonstration time, I find that Surf's up has far more thoughful songs. Think about Feel Flows and the Brian suite, and compare that to Side A on the album.
>>
>>71280304
because other than disney girls, none of the songs on surfs up are especially interesting to me
i don't care about thoughtful lyrics if there's nothing else there to make me remember them
>>
beachboyfags grasping at any album they can get that's above "eh, it's decent" mark because they only have one good album? holy shit yeah
>>
>>71280367
No, not really. I personally found beach boys through "friends". Why would it be cool to like the beach boys?
>>
>>71279435
Beach Boys is fucking great.
>>
>>71280388
I think it's actually cooler to hate the Beach Boys. It's much easier to deny their greatness by talking about how shitty surf rock is and continue to hold up bands like the Beatles as the uncontested masters of the era.
>>
>>71280367
(You)
>>
File: 1317157614715.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1317157614715.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
LATE AT NIGHT I THINK ABOUT THE LOVE OF THIS WHOLE WORLD
>>
look up 'all i wanna do chopped & screwed' on youtube
>>
Still can't get over how people love the Beach Boys now. I used to listen to them growing up (mainly their later stuff) and no one would take me seriously when I said their non-surf stuff was great. Now it's cool to like their later stuff. Wtf

by the way, Holland and LA Light Album are great
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.