[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Mac_DeMarco_Salad_Days.jpg (65KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
Mac_DeMarco_Salad_Days.jpg
65KB, 608x608px
What do you guys think about this album?
>>
he's good at dealing with spicy food
>>
>>71279222
still have no clue why normies picked this one to bandwagon mac over 2 or rock n roll night club
lots of the songs are literally the same
brother and let it go could pretty much be the same song just with a lyric change.
chamber of reflection isn't that great when you realize its just a poorly done sample.
still feel like the songwriting took a backseat on this thing.
>>
>>71279222
got some good tunes, I like Chamber of Reflection
>>
>>71279244
ya rock n roll night club is probably my favourite mac album
>>
>>71279222
Not a bad record, I suppose it is a pretty good soundtrack to the type of world they inhabit and people they are. I'm not really a huge fan, it smells a little bit of try hard in a way, but I still can't deny it's good and will probably be the best thing this artist puts out for years
>>
good album, especially the title track
>>
>>71279229
Kek'd
>>
>>71279327
Who's "they"?
>>
Apologize for the useless tl;dr but I just recently (within the last week) listened to his catalog. All of the hype for this guy really alienated me from him and made him seem like some douchebag talentless indie rocker. Heard The Way You Love Her on some Pandora shit and really enjoyed it so I worked back through the catalog. Of all the releases I think Salad Days is the least interesting because it largely lacks the tasteful humor and winks of all of his other work so far. I especially despise the Tame Impala sound on quite a few tracks, although with his voice it's somewhat difficult to avoid that. But adding the pristine keyboards on that Pieces song just made it a carbon copy.

On that note, I reallllly like the sound of the new album so far. What Salad Days should have been I think, with its humorless downtrodden shit going on.
>>
I love the first track and I like his voice, but otherwise it was too laid-back and a bit of a snoozefest. I gotta give it a couple of listens tho
>>
>>71279444
band members
>>
It's a good record, sounds lazy as fuck and chill out, but that was what mac planned to sound like, also on a side note,it's really consistent besides not having such highs as "My kind of woman" and "Viceroy".
>>
>>71279244
>lots of the songs are literally the same
Same goes for rock n roll night club.
>>
The tracks with the keyboards stand out I think
>>
File: md_2.jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
md_2.jpg
135KB, 800x800px
>>71279821
>it's really consistent besides not having such highs as "My kind of woman" and "Viceroy".
Just listen to pic related
>>
>>71279505
macs "band" is really only a performing band; they dont contribute to the writing or recording of the music
>>
>>71279229
i love you
>>
>>71280878
but they do
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.