[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Oh yeah that happened"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png (210KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png
210KB, 300x300px
"Oh yeah that happened"
>>
What didn't you like about it? Genuinely curious to hear someone else's opinion, not trying to argue. It was one of my favorites of last year. Didn't come close to SILY I'll admit.
>>
>>71278825
Don't know why I didn't care so much for it when it came out, as I heard Because I'm Me by chance about two weeks ago, decided to check the whole album out again and upon returning realized that it's amazing comfort music. I guess it suffered the same problem as MBV did and will always be in the shadow of it's obviously superior predecessor, but I've been really enjoying it since I decided to give it another shot.
>>
>>71278825
Not a bad album but it was unbelievable how underwhelming and forgettable it was.
>>
It's actually really good if you like Avalanches for nostalgia/emotional music and not dance. Especially after all the racial tensions of last year, listening to this was like hearing humanity get along for once to make really charming music.
>>
>>71278825
I like it better than SILY
>>
The last 3 tracks on the album are incredibly nostalgic to me for some reason.

SILY is much better still, but I thoroughly enjoyed Wildflower
>>
>>71278825
I never really cared for SILY or The Avalanches in general but this album is great, one of my favorites from last year. Harmony, Colours, Kaleidescope Lovers, Wozard of Iz, and Live a Lifetime Love are wonderful tracks
>>
>>71278825
Saw them play live and the new material goes quite well with the old stuff.

Folkstar gets annoying though.

Not entirely worth the hype/wait, but hey it's nearly impossible to be. Nostalgic and warm album.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.