[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: VR209.jpg (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
VR209.jpg
188KB, 600x600px
Thoughts on pic related?
>>
>>71278733

Should I listen to it?
>>
The best ska punk album ever
>>
Magnificent

May I also recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAY7nOnL1o
>>
>>71279669
I love it, both versions are amazing
>>
Great album
SM hasn't release a bad album
>>
>>71278770
yes
>>
>>71280614
Or made a bad song.
>>
>>71281279
That's true as well
Their shows are great too
What a great band. Never really thought about it
>>
>>71281324
I'm going to go see them in Atlanta with my girlfriend. I'm excited. I loved Somewhere In Between.
>>
>>71281333
I've been to 3 of their shows
Be ready for insane energy and moshing
>>
Praying for a new album this year
>>
>>71281341
Fantastic! I love to mosh! I actually met my girlfriend in a mosh pit.
>>
>>71281400
Should be a good show for you two then, have fun

>>71281345
Same here but they've been touring so much since THTT came out, how much time have they really had for writing and recording
>>
This album is one of the albums I keep going back to after listening to a bunch of different stuff. I always enjoy a listen to it.
>>
Anyone else feel like they "should" have grown out of SM at some point but all of their stuff still resonates?
>>
>>71281599
No, it's only gotten better since I've gotten older.
>>
>>71281603
Know what? You're right. I think I'll adopt that mindset as well
>>
>>71281617
The great thing about shit like SM and Rosenstock is that I feel like it gets more relevant when I have real problems and no money to solve them, rather than being a shithead high school kid.
>>
>>71281638
Definitely starting to feel that too. And thanks for reminding me I need to listen to more Rosenstock
>>
>>71281599
I definitely did kind of grow out of them. I burned through them super hard and fast like 2011-2014, though. I think I've listened to them and seen them enough to last me a life time.
They were still incredibly important to me, though. Ska in general is. I can still listen to some of it, but its largest value is that I managed to go through ska to get into punk in general.

>>71281638
I fucking love Jeff. I think he's a weird comparison because his music seems so much more versatile. It's also all so personal, so if you're aging in any way close to the way he is it's going to consistently hit home.
>>
Though I don't relate to the lyrics at all, this album is a masterpiece.
Ska punk bands always have this refined, commercial, poppy sound, but SM is just raw, imperfect and energetic. I love this band so much, shame they don't do live tours in Europe all that often.
>>
Kalnoky's relentless perfectionism is something that I love and hate. I think it's the reason they have such longevity. Sure, it takes years for an album to come out, and when it does it can feel disappointing that it wasn't worth four or five years of waiting and hype, but four or five years after it was released the albums still sound just as fresh as they ever did.

I'm definitely out of my Ska phase, but I will never not love anything that man does.
>>
>>71278783
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh it's so high above other ska bands I wouldn't classify it as ska
>>
>>71278733
Catch 22-keasby nights is another really good ska punk album, has the same vocalist too
>>
>>71278733
I haven't listened to streetlight in a while.

They were my favorite band in high school, and I'd say they're the best ska/punk band out there, and the only one worth listening too at all. The one time I saw them live was fucking insane too.
>>
>>71282653
I actually prefer this album to any SM album. I just love the rawness and the intensity it has. A bunch of school kids that didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>71281855
I'm so glad I was able to reach out to someone today. Thank you.

But seriously, "Punk" is supposed to die out after a couple years and yet bands like SM, Rosenstock or shit like that will always remain relevant because they deal strikingly with the Human Condition. Any fears, self-doubt and loathing, or just depression hits hard, and these guys get it.

That's why The Dream is Over was my 2016 pick and that's why Everything Went Numb is probably a timeless album that should never be forgotten.
>>
I came into this thread expecting everyone to shit on Streetlight but I'm pleasantly surprised to see the opposite.
>>
Is there a better chorus in Punk history than We Are The Few?

So many bands can do gang vocals without it sounding cheesy, but they have a real conviction to it.
>>
>>71282868
I'm fond of saddest song's chorus as well. For some reason "I'm off to save the world once again but I don't know how to pull it off this time, I think I'm gonna drown" hits me hard
>>
>>71282868
I feel like gang vocals have gotten better. We Are The Few and The Saddest Song are two of the best examples.

I think any punk band worth their salt should have at least Everything Went Numb in their collection.
>>
>>71278733
Kinda boring
>>
>>71282970
>>71283061

Definitely. But even during The Big Sleep it's just "Nanananananana" but somehow it really works for them.
>>
File: 1468209875390.gif (2MB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
1468209875390.gif
2MB, 320x245px
>>71282838
The Dream is Over was so stellar.
>>
>>71281333
they're in atlanta again? I swear I just saw them a month or two ago.
The moshpit was crazy. I tired out and snuck out 5 songs in. Nearly fainted at the end because I locked my knees.
>>
>>71281638
Honestly it feels wierd to admit it, but I definitely get it.

Like in high school this music clicked for me because I was a lonely social outcast, now it clicks with me because I'm struggling with adulthood and all the responsibilities that come with it.
>>
>>71282866
same. feelsgood.
>>
>>71278733
Great band, great album.
Hopefully they'll put out Vol. 2 of their 99 Songs Of Revolution series soon.

Toh Kay needs to do a new album as well.
>>
This album is what made me realize I like music. Plus I just recently started listening to Jeff rosenstocks solo stuff and love it (a lot more than BTMI). Feel like I'm rediscovering music I loved.
>>
>>71282866
a long long time ago, streetlight was sub-/mu/core

I feel like the only reason they aren't anymore is simply that they haven't put out material in a couple years.
>>
>>71283825
I guess I'm a newerfag than I thought, I never realized people on /mu/ liked streetlight at all
>>
>>71283971
I've been on 4chan since it's inception (almost) and they were definitely a well loved band back in the day. Across all boards, actually. I think MPP and Hospice were the turning point for /mu/. For better or for worse.
>>
Created the nu male generation
>>
>>71283173
It was good placement. Kalnoky knew where to fire that off.

>>71283207
Seeing them in Atlanta and Nashville was a fucking treat.

>>71283290
Atlanta moshpits are crazy. But yeah, they're playing in June.

>>71283346
It sucks when you got bills to pay and you're making jack shit.

>>71283697
I feel that way after listening to AJJ again.

Punk rock only fades when it sucks.
>>
>>71281638

Now that I'm 26 I listen to Rosenstock and wonder how I identified with him when I was 16.

He sings about shitty landlords, rent, being broke, alcoholism, friends moving away, aging, going to funerals. This is all adult shit not teen shit.
>>
>>71284668
It was angry, wasn't it? It was full of life, despite everything. Even then, 16 year old you saw friends leave and you were too broke to do shit. And you still age as a punk-ass kid.

Everyone is at a punk rock concert to express what frustration they have in this provisional community that only lasts for about three hours. Rosenstock is just there to sing about his fucking landlords and being an alcoholic piece of shit.
>>
This is the first thread in a long time that made me feel connected with other anons. Thank you guys.
>>
Holy shit, this is the first Streetlight thread I've ever seen on here.

I saw them back in October, absolutely phenomenal live-best crowd energy I've ever seen at a show.
>>
Seeing them for the first time when they come to philly and i'm more excited then i thought i'd be. haven't listened to them since highschool and i still know all the words
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.