[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you actually concentrate during a whole album? I mean, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485118170965.jpg (38KB, 628x478px) Image search: [Google]
1485118170965.jpg
38KB, 628x478px
can you actually concentrate during a whole album? I mean, is really fucking difficult for me. I might be hearing something I love, but is hard to stick to it for a whole hour. Of course, I can if I do other stuff while hearing it, but I always end up getting the sensation I didn't appreciate the material.
>>
you probably have ADD if you can't concentrate for a full hour
>>
if a album is over a hour it sucks anyways
>>
>>71272945
Just listen to more music. You'll get used to it.
>>
>>71272945
take a break when you feel restless with a quick lil game or something, then come back to it. Anyone who believes in the "commit to the immersion" meme is an idiot or a NEET
>>
The only way I listen to albums is if I'm doing tasks or with my friends discussing as we listen
>>
>>71273048
can you concentrate if you are doing tasks?
>>
i only listen to albums from start to finish if i'm certain that i can concentrate on them (which is rare) or while i'm waiting for something
listening to full albums in a moving vehicle is very nice
>>
I can, but it's exhausting. I usually put an album and then do something like browse the internet, something that will not distract me from the music but still let me appreciate it. Also try listening on long bus rides or before sleep. There's nothing else to do than listen to the music in those situations.
>>
>>71272978
you a real one
>>
it's not so much about the concentration, or the duration of an album, it's just more about actually not doing anything else while listening to music. i find it's easiest to do while lying down, close my eyes and just listen. your mind will wander to other thoughts, that's totally fine, and what should happen, just don't do anything else physically. take it all in mentally.
>>
>>71273516

I can't do this at all.

I have to be moving while listening to music to enjoy it fully, sitting still and listening to my favorite music usually makes me antsy.

My ideal music listening environment is while walking around my town and taking in the sights while I walk, having that simple locomotion/movement in the background helps me focus in on the music better for some reason. I also like listening to music while driving or playing video games a lot better for this reason, too: something simple in the background to take my mind off stuff helps best.

It might just be down to what kind of a person you are. When I need to think creatively or generate ideas, I typically pace around in circles while I do it.
>>
>>71272945
Try smoking marijuana like all the musicians do
>>
>>71273830

I hate to break it to you but you have autism, anon.
>>
>>71272945
I know how you feel
What I do while listening to music depends on what kind of music it is
If the music demands my attention, I might just listen to it, or do something that doesn't require too much thought
If the music doesn't demand my attention as much, I might listen to it while doing whatever
Even though I'm cool with listening to music while I drive, I have to listen to it with headphones on first so I can REALLY hear it
Does anyone here know if music critics do anything while listening to music? I know nothing about that world.
>>
>>71272945
---> >>71272965
>>
>>71272965

Don't listen to this nonsense, OP. Concentrating on something active is very different to concentrating on something passive like music, some people just can't do it and feel like they have to be doing something else.
>>
>>71272966
came here to say this. OP you could try listening to sides, a and b sides of the album on their own.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.