[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the best all-around microphone you can buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

what is the best all-around microphone you can buy?
>>
>>71266163
For it's price, the sm57 does everything to an acceptable level.
>>
>>71266262
literally best answer, or a u87
>>
>>71266262
then by that logic would an sm7b be an improved version of the sm57?
>>
File: sm57.sm7b.jpg (31KB, 476x159px) Image search: [Google]
sm57.sm7b.jpg
31KB, 476x159px
>>71266163

>best all-around microphone

No such thing

>>71266262

This or an SM58.

>>71266309

An SM7B is a vocal mic, not that you can't use it for other things of course but it's great for vocals, they're about four times the price of a 57 though

http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/microphones/
>>
>>71266482
>>71266296
I heard bono from U2 uses an sm58 for almost all of his vocals. Whatever you think about U2 aside, you can get a professional sound from these relatively inexpensive mics.
>>
>>71266163
U87 is the best.
However 57's are pretty fine standard and cheap
>>
>>71266163
Unless you got deep enough pockets to be buying an actual Neumann U87, go for the Shure SM57. It does some things better than others, but it is study as hell.
>>
>>71266163

If live and studio, SM58

If just studio, SM58

No seriously best vocal/instrument mic for the price for both studio and live settings
>>
>>71266163
>most versatile dynamic:
Sennheiser MD421, sounds practically clean and perfect like a condenser, but has the rejection, robusness and spl handling of a sm57
>most versatile condenser
Neumann TLM 107, the most recent Neumann has near ideal on- and off-axis responses on all available pickup patterns (usually at least the 8 sounds like ass and doesn't really reject to the sides), can handle high spl electronically with the pad and also on the capsule itself, has the best shock mount I've ever seen and is rather cheap compared to other mics in that class so get a pair of them including the mounts instead of a single old u87 for the same price without a mount
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.