[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Post-Punk thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: modern post punk.jpg (1MB, 1700x1875px) Image search: [Google]
modern post punk.jpg
1MB, 1700x1875px
Fav bands, etc
>>
She Past Away
>>
>>71257824
Sleaford Mods are probably the best post-punk band around right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2mLi7ldew
>>
>>71257824
Saved the chart months back and I've been slowly filling it in, though I've been going through many other discographies so I have not had much time to try the other albums. Viet Cong is probably my favourite of those. Anyone find it kinda amusing how Protomartyr heavily resemble Joy Division though?

>Dark, introspective lyrics.
>Released two albums (thus far).
>Exact same band set up.
>Lead singer is pretty much only responsible for the lyrical content.
>Sparse production - instruments all sound highly reserved as does the vocal performances.
>>
the soft moon put on possibly the best live show i've seen in my life
>>
File: modern post punk marked.jpg (1MB, 1700x1875px) Image search: [Google]
modern post punk marked.jpg
1MB, 1700x1875px
>>71257902
Check out Ought if you're into talking heads or the fall, they've instantly become my favourite band on the list.
>>71257896
Plus, yeah sleaford mods are fucking great
>>
>>71257896
fucking kek, someone at my local public access radio station has a hard on for these guys
>>
>>71257824
>parquet courts
IDK, the penultimate album was ok but nothing special, for some reason /mu/ likes them a lot

>savages
dunno, I don't like ggrrrrr albums usually because Im not a fag

>ough
solid album, that and the one before

>protomartyr
idk

>viet cong
I like more Preoccupations s/t tbqh

>typical system
okayish album, reminds me heavily of 80s newwave a la first-wave cure, nothing to special, the first track is realy good but after that it's just ok

I don't know the others except for

>Eagulls
eh, meh, it's just a guy with an annoying voice

>Interpol
yeah that's god tier, even tho' it's far from the actual post-punk of the late 70s

>deluxe -omni
big BIG meh
>>
>>71257973
rightly so, no one else is making music like they are. I mean seeing them live all have is a guy shouting into the mic and the other guy standing there with a pint in his hand
>>
>>71257959
Never listened to the 'Heads or Fall, been trying to cycle through the mucore and post-punk charts faster (been listening to a lot of Television as of recent). I know its kinda stupid though I'm completionistic as hell when it comes to discographies.

I'll make sure to try Ought next though. What are Eagulls like by the way? I way interested in them since they are near where I live an toured with Protomartyr, from what I've heard though their sophomore album is a huge step down.

Kinda surprised you haven't listened to TOTBL by the way, it used to get spammed all the time.
>>
>>71258096
Only listened to their debut and thought it was alright, a lot of the tracks were good but not all that memorable maybe i'll give them another try though.

And yeah I just haven't got around to listening to interpol yet, not really sure why
>>
diggin this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5MuY136zUE
>>
why is interpol considered post-punk?
>>
why is protomartyr considered post-punk?
>>
File: women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg
106KB, 600x600px
best rock album of the decade
>>
>>71259301
that is correct
>>
File: image.jpg (495KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495KB, 1200x1200px
Check out Gold Class

And when you're done with that check out Corners "Maxed out on distractions"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.