[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they the most overrated band in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Are they the most overrated band in history?
>>
>>71249534
Think you got the wrong image anon, that's not the Beach boys
>>
>>71249534
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
George Harrison was the only good member
>>
>>71249534
More like most underrated
>>
>>71249606
>Coltrane
>not the most famous
Literally smoking crack
>>
>>71249534
THE
H
E

FACT
A
C
T

THAT
H
A
T
>>
>>71249717
rude as fuck af
>>
>>71249584
>the beach boys
>overrated
literally no one but /mu/ listens to anything more than Surfin USA and Good Vibrations.
>>
The f12yearoldgirlsct th12yearoldgirlst so m12yearoldgirlsny books still n12yearoldgirlsme the Be12yearoldgirlstles 12yearoldgirlss “the gre12yearoldgirlstest or most signific12yearoldgirlsnt or most influenti12yearoldgirlsl” rock b12yearoldgirlsnd ever only tells you how f12yearoldgirlsr rock music still is from becoming 12yearoldgirls serious 12yearoldgirlsrt. J12yearoldgirlszz critics h12yearoldgirlsve long recognized th12yearoldgirlst the gre12yearoldgirlstest j12yearoldgirlszz musici12yearoldgirlsns of 12yearoldgirlsll times 12yearoldgirlsre Duke Ellington 12yearoldgirlsnd John Coltr12yearoldgirlsne, who were not the most f12yearoldgirlsmous or richest or best sellers of their times, let 12yearoldgirlslone of 12yearoldgirlsll times. Cl12yearoldgirlsssic12yearoldgirlsl critics r12yearoldgirlsnk the highly controversi12yearoldgirlsl Beethoven over cl12yearoldgirlsssic12yearoldgirlsl musici12yearoldgirlsns who were highly popul12yearoldgirlsr in courts 12yearoldgirlsround Europe. Rock critics 12yearoldgirlsre still blinded by commerci12yearoldgirlsl success. The Be12yearoldgirlstles sold more th12yearoldgirlsn 12yearoldgirlsnyone else (not true, by the w12yearoldgirlsy), therefore they must h12yearoldgirlsve been the gre12yearoldgirlstest. J12yearoldgirlszz critics grow up listening to 12yearoldgirls lot of j12yearoldgirlszz music of the p12yearoldgirlsst, cl12yearoldgirlsssic12yearoldgirlsl critics grow up listening to 12yearoldgirls lot of cl12yearoldgirlsssic12yearoldgirlsl music of the p12yearoldgirlsst. Rock critics 12yearoldgirlsre often tot12yearoldgirlslly ignor12yearoldgirlsnt of the rock music of the p12yearoldgirlsst, they b12yearoldgirlsrely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think th12yearoldgirlst the Be12yearoldgirlstles did 12yearoldgirlsnything worthy of being s12yearoldgirlsved
>>
>>71250022
being this uneducated
>>
>>71249534
Can you name a more overrated band?
>>
They're not even the most overrated band of the 1960s tbqhwyfam.
>>
>>71250022
But Pet Sounds is literally /mu/core
>>
>>71249534
Most people who say this only know the famous singles and have never listened to the albums. I used to be the same, but then I listened to Tomorrow Never Knows, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, I Want You, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc

Weird how despite being the best selling and most famous band of all time, most normies just see the whole boy band thing still. You'd think they'd be more well known as a psychedelic rock/folk/hard rock/experimental rock band but I guess not. All their biggest hits were pop I guess
>>
>The Beatles
>Over rated
Nah. I used to hate them and the fanboys too, but then I listened to their entire discography and realised that:
>The beatles aren't overrated.
>John Lennon was truly close to genius, if he wasn't one.

Magical Mystery Tour is a 10/10 album.
>>
>>71250022
Nobody that would know only about Beach Boys dude surf girl cars shit would bother to take the time to listen to any of their albums. /mu/ only cares about Pet Sounds and the story of Smile.
>>
overrated rankings:
1. beatles
2. nirvana
3. gnr
4. metallica (sadly)
5. rhcp
>>
>>71250329
1 is their best selling album by a very wide margin.
>>
Yes and you literally get attacked for saying that
>>
think you posted the wrong image OP, here you go
>>
>>71250364
It's the same with many people.They grow up and actually listen to all of the albums for the first time and come to the realization that it was never as shit as we made it out to be
>>
Not sure the term overrated can apply when you're so critically acclaimed and commercially successful
>>
>>71250294
>literally no one but /mu/
>what is reading comprehension
>>
to say they're the greatest musical act to ever exist and nothing else stands up and never will is pushing it, but i wouldn't ever say they didn't deserve the attention and popular status they earned.
>>
Beatles are actually perfectly rated. They're that good.
>>
Here's the thing
They've gone a full circle
People say they're overrated, and because of that they're underrated
>>
>>71249534
>but actual literal physical people like
greenday
weezer
blink 182
lana del ray
>>
>>71250022
pet sounds is rolling stones' #2 album of all time
>>
>>71250364
MMT is actually great however the other albums are overated.

Sgt Pepper especially.

The older albums when they first broke out are not good at all though you can respect them simply because they were the first to do it I suppose.

Pink Floyd is also overrated but WYWH is 10/10.
>>
>>71249534
Yes and thank god you have the balls to say it!! I second this. The Beatles are THE most overrated band in history. They are not bad by any means but they are far from the be all end all of music that most people seem to think they are.
>>
>>71249534
doesn't matter if they are or not, they're the most iconic band in history and will be eternally be remembered as such.
>>
>>71253397
woah
>>
>>71249534
The word overrated is overrated, faggot.

Stop saying "overrated". Just because you happen to not like a band doesn't make them "overrated"
>>
No considering they influenced practically every band since then.
>>
The Beatles are overrated, but they are still the greatest pop/rock band in history.
>>
>>71249606
The fact that this is the best meme
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.