[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SMiLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg (30KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg
30KB, 316x316px
Just saw Love&Mercy and loved it. Which version of the Smile album should I listen to now? "Brian Wilson presents Smile" or "The Smile Sessions"? Which one does /mu/ prefer?
>>
>>71247563
They're both great, but I'd go with the Sessions. Brian Wilson Presents... is more a rerecording of it whereas the Sessions is a recreation from the recorded bits.
>>
>>71247563
The Smile Sessions, my friend. Tracks 1-19 are the album itself, everything else is bonus material.
>>
>>71247595
niggort
>>
OP here, Bonus question: I always loved Pet Sounds. If I dig Smile as well what else of their catalogue (including Solo projects) is worth listening to? Apart from Pet Sounds I only the the "Greatest Hits" like California Girls etc
>>
>>71247563
Smile Sessions. Anything to piss off Mike Love.
>>
>>71247695
Holland is a great album in terms on poetry and has some really great songs.

Surfs Up is a bit darker album A day in the life of a tree comes up to mind. Incredible album. Has a different version of Smile surfs up with carl lead vocal throughout the beginning.

Smiley Smile which came out instead of smile is bassicly a LO-FI shorter version of smile. Wonderful is asmr level .

Friends is another LO-FI type album but a little less Lo-fi Its an album you can fall asleep to. Very chill

There are others but i have no time to mention the others
>>
ok I'm pretty new to The Beach Boys and I've been hearing about SMiLE since forever
what's so special about it?
>>
>>71247695
all of their albums up to Love You
>>
>>71247936
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile_(The_Beach_Boys_album)

tl;dr Brian Wilson wanted to try something new. Mike Love didn't.
>>
>>71247695

Surf's up the album and title track is better than Pet Sounds desu
>>
>>71247563
brian wilson presents, it's especially better on the middle section

>>71247579
if it's a teenage symphony to god, what's wrong with a rerecording? it's better than having just part of the symphony

>>71247695
smiley smile, wild honey, friends, sunflower

>>71248212
surfs up is the most overrated song in their whole catalog
solo version lives up to the hype but both versions by the boys are lacking
>>
What do you think of Brians Solo stuff? I'm a few tracks into his 1988 selftitled and digging it but I'm a sucker for 80s pop production values anyway.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.