[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why don't you have perfect pitch yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: fact.png (31KB, 462x720px) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
31KB, 462x720px
So, why don't you have perfect pitch yet?
>>
so i can laugh at you fags complain when something has chorus in it
>>
You kinda have to be born with it.
In hindsight I realized I've had it all my life. As a kid I would get annoyed when classmates didn't quote TV shows with the proper tone and cadence. It eventually developed into faster memorization of music and other benefits.
>>
File: Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg (130KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg
130KB, 480x591px
The only person I know that has perfect pitch is a pretentious fuck that listens exclusively to classical music and believes that all music since WWII (except sometimes The Beatles) is utter shit.
>>
>>71244070
you can't develop it past age 3 or so

you're probably talking about relative pitch lad
>>
I'm glad I'm not some kind of annoying fuck who tells everybody what pitch somebody just farted at all the time
>>
I do. It's not even that useful, since western music is based mainly on harmonic relations between pitches.
>>
>>71244118
That sounds like autism actually. Like you might actually want to get checked
>>
>>71244070

We already had this discussion. Perfect pitch is absolutely worthless for music listening unless you jerk yourself off to knowing the exact notes etc., while it's sorta helpful with music writing
>>
this is not how perfect pitch works
>>
Wait so if I can hear a note or chord and immediately know which note/chord it is, does that mean I have perfect pitch?
>>
>>71244118
Anon that sounds like legitimate autism, not perfect pitch
>>
I'm confused on what perfect pitch has to do with enjoying music. It simply means you can't identify a pitch without a reference pitch. It's helpful for composition and playing music, but completely meaningless for enjoyment.
>>
>not playing music out of tune and calling yourself experimental

fugging plebe
>>
>>71249263
Yea that's what perfect pitch is.
>>71249454
this guy is correct (assuming you mean "can")
I do wish I had it earlier in life so I could develop better performance skills but I disagree that you can't develop perfect pitch, I'm in my 4th semester studying theory and I've developed it just by reading sheets along to the music, the more you study theory the easier it becomes.
>>
>>71244070
if anything it's the other way around because with perfect/absolute pitch you realize how many harmonic structures just keep getting rehashed
source: I have it
>>
For the people in the thread that apparently have perfect pitch:

How does your sense of pitch react to different tunings/temperaments? Is 12TET your point of reference, or something else like just intonation? What sounds the most "correct"?
>>
Sounds like perfect pitch sucks all the fun out of music, as you're constantly thinking about what note you're hearing.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>yfw when you noticed the guitar tuning is slightly off by 2 Hz
>>
>>71249480
>Not playing super out of tune and calling it No Wave and then acting better than everyone else because you went to art school

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>71249845
>when you start to appreciate the melancholy of tuning 50 cents sharp or flat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8O5UgX8Z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSg2zQl0hk4
>>
>>71244070
perfect relative pitch > 'perfect' perfect pitch
>everything sounds the same
everything doesn't sound the same for a common ear, it still gets relations of notes, that's what ears are for, genius. even if you discern perfect frequencies of notes, doesn't mean you can discern a 13th chord
>>
>>71246428
>sorta
FOUND THE RETARD
>>
>>71251070

not an argument
>>
>>71244070
Idk if I have perfect pitch but if I hear a note I can play it back on guitar or sing it immediately
>>
>>71251097
dude if you knew jack shit (like basic, basic) about music theory you'd realize how fucking stupid your post is LMAO
>>
>>71251574
oh fug
>>
>>71251574
God damn you fuckin got em
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.